Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Manga like Naruto/One Piece?

Hi champs!

I know this question gets asked a lot and I've googled it many times but I couldn't seem to find a satisfying answer.

Is there any Manga out there that is similar to Naruto/One Piece? It doesn't need to have 72+ volumes but I'm looking for something with an epic story, cool characters and funny moments.

any input is appreciated!

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleach is the obvious answer.

7 deadly sins, Black Clover and My Hero Academia are also acceptable.

It’s only just started but Eden’s Zero is setting up some big things. That’s definitely one to watch.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You 100% read Berserk. There's a lot of happy times in it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Everyone should.

Konosuba, you will love it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

my hero academia is amazing.
    and also recently i just caught up on The promised neverland. hOLY FK it is amazing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been reading Kimetsu no Yaiba recently and it’s been pretty good. If your fine with something less flashy kingdom is rather good as well. And while not quite being like the others to you, the immortal is my favourite manga at the moment Mabye second favourite over all.

shaman king is very good if you are even interested in the folklore parts of mangas

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter x Hunter Probably one of the best shounen action series I have ever read. Does so much with the genre you just don't see in other series.

Yu Yu Hakusho By the same author as Hunter x HUnter. This is the series he wrote before HxH and while it isn't as game changing, it is still a very solid series. Esp. if you like tournament arcs!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn Hard to recommend this one as it starts out very poorly and they gets really fun later on. This is more of a personal recommendation as I just love the series.

Dr. Stone Doesn't really fit the theme as it isn't really an action series, but if you took a set up for a typical shounen action series but then had the main character overcome all issues not with fighting but with science then you get Dr. Stone. My favorite currently running series. Starts a bit slow, but gets really moving once the main character gets to the village.

Other then those, just echo some already recommended like My Hero Academia and Black Clover (don't let the poor voice acting in the anime scare you away).

15+ Year Old Account
    KIBA

/10char thingy

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    shaman king is very good if you are even interested in the folklore parts of mangas
    I feel ending is botched though. Too many both Deus and Diabolus Ex Machina.

Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack on Titan seems to progress from good to even better so far. It starts as gruesome action and then expands into politics and mysteries of how its world came to be - that's somewhat similar to One Piece.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fairy Tail.

Full Metal Alchemist
    One Punch Man
    Golden Kamuy
    Blade of the immortal
    Maybe also try oldschool stuff like Battle Angel Alite and Akira.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Maybe also try oldschool stuff like Battle Angel Alite and Akira.
    It’s not really Shonen, but Akira is AMAZING. One of, in my opinion, the greatest graphic novels ever written. Up there with the likes of Watchmen and the Sandman Library.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk, FullMetal Alchemist, Bleach, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    like a Bonfire of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It’s not really Shonen, but Akira is AMAZING. One of, in my opinion, the greatest graphic novels ever written. Up there with the likes of Watchmen and the Sandman Library.
    He did not asked for Shonen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    He did not asked for Shonen.
    He asked for series like Naruto and One Piece. That is about as Shounen as you can get.

Some people here have a really odd odd sense when it comes to "siliar to naruto/one piece". There were a few nice mentions, but while things like Berserk are classics, putting it in the same category as shonen is just laughable. Even throwing out the newer attempts at the genre with the current Isekai fad, like Konosuba, while an awsome (comedic) story, is still nothing like the two examples provided.

A few which should be closer to the classical shonen genre and which are probably more popular:

Black Clover
    Fairy Tail
    Mahou Sensei Negima (*)
    UQ Holder (*)
    Bleach
    My Hero Academia
    Dragon Ball
    Boruto (I guess counts as well.. not that I can really recommend it..)

Otherwise look for tag combinations of shonen, action and maybe comedy. Avoid seinen, tragedy, drama and the usual fetish and girl tags.

(*) := may contain too much ecchi/harem if you only care about the fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ve been reading Kimetsu no Yaiba recently and it’s been pretty good. If your fine with something less flashy kingdom is rather good as well. And while not quite being like the others to you, the immortal is my favourite manga at the moment Mabye second favourite over all.
    Any news on the Kingdom anime? been waiting for season 3 forever now....

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Any news on the Kingdom anime? been waiting for season 3 forever now....
    Eh I don't think the original 2 seasons went over that well. Maybe it will happen with the manga selling well. I would personally love to see it come out, with some actual animation budget not that shitty boring cgi model crap, because the series ended right before the Coalition War arc and that arc is amazing. So many great moments that culminates in that amazing siege of the city. Kingdom is definitely one of my 3 favorite currently running series alongside One Piece and Boku No Hero Academia.