Installing without Bitraider

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Is this possible?
    I do not think you can do the original install without bitraider.

However (and it's a bit of a pain in the ass to do it), you can install the game like normal. Uninstall Bitraider and relaunch the game.

The suck ass part is the game will redownload everything like you don't have swtor at all. The good part is bitraider will no longer be part of it. PLUS, you can make a copy of the entire game file and should you ever have a problem and have to reinstall or just want to put it on another machine. You can use you game file copy without bitraider. After that it will download patches just like normal with no problem because of the launcher.

That is currently the only way I know how to get rid of bitraider but it's a bit of a headache to do it. Also well worth the time as I hate bitraider.

Probably a headache not worth it. Thanks for the info though.

When you posted this, I don't think it was. But as of now July 2020 you can avoid bitraider by downloading SWTOR through steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Why is bitraider bad?
    It is like the streaming version of the client, it drip feeds in data when downloading the game or updating. Which means new players can play on the starter worlds even though the whole game is not yet finished downloading. It creates very slow speeds for many people and it's generally not liked by most players. It used to take all day and night to download SWTOR using bitraider. Just recently on steam (with the same speed connection) it took like 2 hours.

Bitraider is also hard to get off your system, there is a method for removing it, but there have been cases of it returning again. It's just a general pain in the ass. I never would of come back to the game if the game hadn't just been put on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by deanwinchester777 View Post
    It is like the streaming version of the client, it drip feeds in data when downloading the game or updating. Which means new players can play on the starter worlds even though the whole game is not yet finished downloading. It creates very slow speeds for many people and it's generally not liked by most players. It used to take all day and night to download SWTOR using bitraider. Just recently on steam (with the same speed connection) it took like 2 hours.

Bitraider is also hard to get off your system, there is a method for removing it, but there have been cases of it returning again. It's just a general pain in the ass. I never would of come back to the game if the game hadn't just been put on steam.
    Ahh so its the Blizzard Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Ahh so its the Blizzard Launcher.
    Like the Blizzard Launcher,but somehow a whole order of magnitude less competently executed

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Like the Blizzard Launcher,but somehow a whole order of magnitude less competently executed
    This is not true. The people who get speed problems are usually people who have the game launcher or peers firewalled of something. I never had a problem. It's always been as fast as the blizzard launcher.

Closing this down, please do not necro old threads.