One of the streamers I checked in on playing the game played for about 12-13 hours since the game launched on PC. He has just over 200k coin, if that is something of interest. Of course he is going to gain coin a lot faster since he will play way more than most people, but if a more casual player can earn that much in roughly a week or so it seems reasonable.

Even though everyone from the original BioWare was gutted - fired / layed off / or resigned, including the original CEO, I kind of wish EA would put some love back into SWTOR. Apparently they can still amass a fanbase, as seen by Anthem.

If they won't bother to save SWTOR, then I fear Anthem will ultimately share the same fate.

I'd rather not get invested because I don't trust the company. But the demo was fun.

Played it non stop since it released... and well, I like it... I just think Frostbite engine is sometimes clumsy.

There are several things I hate however:
    - The UI, this one I hate, I seriously hate the UI, who on Earth told them that font was fine? Text and icons are horrible, the [Keyboard Key] thing looks awful, they could have created some icons for it.
    - Loading screens.... why couldn't they use music on them? They are meant to piss you off.
    - When you complete an objective while doing a quest, the next go-to marker on screen takes like 30 seconds before showing up... people can just stand still watching at each other doing nothing but wait for the next signal, it's frustrating.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2019-02-17 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    When you complete an objective while doing a quest, the next go-to marker on screen takes like 30 seconds before showing up... people can just stand still watching at each other doing nothing but wait for the next signal, it's frustrating.
    I THINK that's related to people's pcs... when my wife and I did a mission together it was super smooth, then when we had a buddy come in and we repeated the same mission with his crappier PC and game installed on an HDD, it seemed like the mission moved slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Bioware released a mmo with not enough endgame content
    now why does this sound so familiar
    I just now noticed this connection lmao.
    Both are sci-fi as well.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty much, I think where they get people is with the more multiplayer games like anthem. With a lot of the single player story driven games you can just play them and drop them. But the multiplayer games tend to be meant to keep you playing forever, much like anthem. Which means you either shell out for the full game or you stay subbed.
    And with a "games-as-a-service" model like Anthem where there's a bunch of planned releases and updates at regular intervals, it encourages you to stay subbed.

All in all, though, the more that I think about it, the more it just seems like giving the consumer more options. I mean, it would take ~4 months to equal the cost of the full priced game. How many games last you 4 months? The access to other games by the publisher is just extra incentive, I guess.

Part of me still REALLY wants to find the trick here. But either I'm not smart enough or it's actually not a ripoff like so much of EA's other business models.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean, if you've played it its just the same tile sets stitched together over and over and over, its not like you're getting a unique experience every time. You're just running down the hallway killing the same mobs that barely do anything for the millionth time.

The combat is fun though, you enjoy playing your char and you enjoy the loot grind and seeing that progression as you gain power and gain the tools to fiddle with different builds and all that. Which is literally what this game is offering.
    That's the whole point, though: To play different builds and classes, making a slightly different experience each time based on how the class interacts with the random tilesets.

I said something similar in another reply to someone else, but with only 4 javelins even a randomized dungeon or map would get tired real fast. But I really hope this is something Bioware is looking into for later on down the road, when there are more javelins, more weapons, more components, etc etc. With more build variety a procedural area could bring a lot of value to the game.

So after two days of playing, still in love with the game, specially the gameplay. Been playing on Interceptor only, havent try the other javelin, but the speed, get in/get out with triple jumps and jet pack.. so good!

If anyone is wondering how many coins you make.. well in about 16 hours, I made 43k coins, so I'm sitting at 83k since we start with 40k. Epic javelin costume are going for 61k, so yeah, not bad. Will see how much weekly alliance gives, and how much you can make once you did all the story stuff, but so far with the daily/weekly/monthly challenges, it feels like its gonna be a good pace.

Oh and, I got my first bug too. Trying to do the stronghold mission, once its done, the quest wont complete. I googled and it seems I'm not alone. I'll try again tomorrow, I'm not too concern but hopefully its fixed sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Even though everyone from the original BioWare was gutted - fired / layed off / or resigned, including the original CEO, I kind of wish EA would put some love back into SWTOR. Apparently they can still amass a fanbase, as seen by Anthem.

If they won't bother to save SWTOR, then I fear Anthem will ultimately share the same fate.

I'd rather not get invested because I don't trust the company. But the demo was fun.
    I don't know if this same thing applied. SWTOR has been out for a LONG time. And IMHO it's still one of the best F2P story RPGs on the market. You just have to recognize that all you're getting is the single-player story, and not any of the multiplayer stuff like PVP, dungeons, raids, auction house, etc. Not only that, but SWTOR is an MMORPG with a LOT of dev time required to support it.

Anthem COULD suffer that same fate, but it's a more modern IP, and the gameplay is going to be the focus rather than the story(although from what it sounds the story isn't terrible). And it's less of an MMORPG, and more of a multiplayer ARPG. Zones and areas and such don't have to be able to support 40 players.

I don't think SWTOR vs Anthem is a fair comparison. Comparing Diablo and Anthem is a much closer match.

Played for 11 hours total and i think i'm done with the game for now. The combat and flying are fun, but that's where the good things end. The story itself felt bland and boring, and whoever decided it would be a good idea to stick all of it in the fort deserves to get fired. Flying around the world during freeplay was fun for about 20 minutes, but after that it just felt empty and sort of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Played for 11 hours total and i think i'm done with the game for now. The combat and flying are fun, but that's where the good things end. The story itself felt bland and boring, and whoever decided it would be a good idea to stick all of it in the fort deserves to get fired. Flying around the world during freeplay was fun for about 20 minutes, but after that it just felt empty and sort of pointless.
    Yeah can tell the game looks soul less even just from gameplay vids

pretending to be Iron man loses its charm after a few hours

Im honestly so sad I dont like it. Pretty much for me it came down to..

Load screen into a town where I walk slow into a load screen into a menu selection into a command prompt telling me something whether its privacy setting etc into a load screen ( 90+ seconds ) into a zone... where if someones a little ahead of me it put me into a load screen again.

and not to mention it has me doing public event after public event that is not interesting in the slightest... plus theres only 3 dungeons which they show you really early on. so atm best way to farm gear is to just go find chests.

and I look the same at level 1 as i do at 25.

16 hours here. Still enjoying myself.
    Exploring feels nice, found quite a few hidden gems.

Story felt like a drawn out "pilot" or set up for more.
    And they make that -very- clear when the credits end and you get your next cutscene.

Hoping they are able to keep the updates coming so it feels fresh.
    Warframe's story take ages to come out in pieces, so at least I've become pretty patient.

Really liked the Scar Stronghold too.

I'm right there with you. I really enjoy how the javelins play / combat but other than that everything else about the game is either really bad or forgettable. I might have a slightly better opinion of the game had 'Bioware' not been attached to the game but since it is, the really mediocre story, it's writing, and presentation all left a really bad taste in my mouth (and I've come to accept this is really Bioware since fun gameplay / shit story and writing was Andromeda's problem for me). I despise freeplay with a passion.
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2019-02-17 at 07:42 AM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Bioware released a mmo with not enough endgame content
    now why does this sound so familiar
    I'll say just like destiny the end result is not towards those who want an MMO. If one is those looking for an MMO first person looter shooter then move on. The Division is the closest while still up to personal preference. If one likes action coop looter shooter focused on ability spam then Anthem fits the bill. If one wants solo looter shooter world building RPG with optional coop then move on.

The looter shooter/ability spam aspect the game so far does well. I dont feel it fits the needs of those wanting Borderlands nor does it fit those wanting the MMORPGFPS experience.

Been seeing this sentiment quite a lot. Between ME:A and now Anthem, it's odd seeing a studio that was once renowned for their narrative and worldbuilding despite the gameplay/combat usually being pretty garbage now be the reverse. They seem to be far weaker in the narrative/world building department (and even creative gameplay department, read tons of complaints of missions having far too little variety but not sold on that yet) but have generally pretty damn strong/fun gameplay/combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Been seeing this sentiment quite a lot. Between ME:A and now Anthem, it's odd seeing a studio that was once renowned for their narrative and worldbuilding despite the gameplay/combat usually being pretty garbage now be the reverse. They seem to be far weaker in the narrative/world building department (and even creative gameplay department, read tons of complaints of missions having far too little variety but not sold on that yet) but have generally pretty damn strong/fun gameplay/combat.
    Well at least from earlier comments from devs they was upfront(as if it maters) the game was not going to be story focused. Feels as if it is just like destiny that the devs are more focused on the end game loop. I feel BW and others forget that a good portion of what kept destiny fanbase even if hidden behind text was what the story the previous writer left leaving many hoping on potential. D2 ended up getting heavily criticized on lack of story with the bit that was put in various scannables in the game still limited in comparison to the overall. Still feeling from the trial that the game is in the same boat as D2 that it will get better later on and little will be missed to wait for a more polished product. Than again that is my view with WoW now.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2019-02-17 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized starting with 120k coins and 3 Javelins was a bug. Oh well, guess I scored a pittance for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Im actually ok with whales in this case. If I get free content updates for the life of the game, and cosmetics don't actually effect gameplay......since i just care about gameplay, I'm getting everything for JUST the initially box price.

I mean, in a perfect world all cosmetics wpuld be achievement or completion based. No MTX at all would be awesome. But in this case, given what we know about Bioware's stated intent, I just don't see the argument for how it's actually harmful to the game.

Maybe that will change later, especially qith EA being involved. Bit until it actually does, there doesn't seem to be a reason to overreact.
    The money goes to the shareholders, if you think they have a full team rolling out the MTX and extras you are sadly mistaken.
    It's done by a skeleton crew, this also to maximise profits.

What we are seeing is the attrocious influence console and mobile gaming has had on the industry as a whole.
    This gaming as a service in order to shovel as much shit as possible before a game eventually peters out.
    Predatory practices aimed at the lowest common denominator, games tailored around XP boost purchases, having them turn twice as grindy in order to maximise sales of said micro trans.

And instead of being disgusted by this, the uninformed and the downright stupid go... oh okay it is the way it is gotta get m V bucks.

Allot of dev's could learn a thing or two from both Obsidian and CD projekt RED. Neither of them participate in this unadulterated greed festival. Their games are archaic in a good way. Look at most games DLC, now look at the expansion pack the witcher 3 gave us.

To many petty managers larping as developers is the main issue, where the company accountants dictate shape and direction of IP's running them into the ground just in order to cash in quick, and they can get away with it too.

The entire state of the gaming industry as a whole and the acceptance of the dimwitted of said practices is downright depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-a-second-time
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...or_second_time

Game story can suffer if your *talent* runs away. Also they probaly scraped a lot of story dialoge as they were in rush to finish the game. (tho there is a chance they may re-use this autors work on later updates)

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly in this kind of game story is not the main thing and story was not like horrible, it was OK even if short, props on voice acting and face animations being good, btw.

The big issue for me is "endgame", if you can call it such. I have *some* hopes Bioware will be on the ball and deliver more content there, because what's there now is awfully repetitive and little there.