Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    The answer is obvious. Doesn't change my thought on the matter: when you are at work, your only concern should be your job. If you can't do that, quit.
    Why are Americans so eager to throw away their rights to suck the dicks of their corporate masters?

Lol, this is way more than he would have been paid for his talent at the position.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    There are a lot of reasons to settle. Again, I don't think you know how settlements work. And you stated that a court "had a say" which factually makes no fucking sense in the event of a settlement. A settlement is literally the court having no say. And no one actually knows what the settlement was for, it might not have even been for money. It's all conjecture on top of an NDA.
    Kaepernick actually looks like the loser in this though...not the NFL. Kaepernick made it seem like this was about football...obviously it wasn't if he settled.

So... Kaep gets to win money for being a racist piece of shit? How sad...

Pro sports is an entertainment industry. The players need to understand their only value lies in how marketable they are. A player that chooses to put controversy over career has to suffer the consequences. If the NFL gives you a career, they want you to play the stupid game. They did not hire you to provide you a platform for you beliefs. Throw the ball and STFU. Take your money, use it to silently provide the world with the benefits you think it needs. That would be more sticking it to the man than tanking your career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Why are Americans so eager to throw away their rights to suck the dicks of their corporate masters?
    I have always been self employed, so what is my motivation for my feelings on the matter? If I go into someones home to do work, and start laying all of my political beliefs on them, they probably will not have me back again. How is that any different?
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Ya, what's worse, the NFL or people over exaggerating about social issues when they are getting paid more than 99 percent of the world.

Wish that some how, they both could go away at this point.

Hoping that after this, at least Kaepernick can get back to being a low tier quarterback, but I assume he will never play football again.
    Maybe he can go play for the Mets and him and Tim can kneel together during the 7th inning stretch.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    I read about that store and I'd say it would have more to do with Nike being one of the biggest producer of sports paraphernalia than people supporting Kaepernick. It is also only one case. The fact that NFL revenues tanked during the controversy are all the evidence the NFL needed to make the smart decision. Personally, I pass no judgement on either party. Kaepernick was fully within his right to protest like he did and the team he played for was free to fire him. The other teams are also free to sign him or to chose not to do so.

If anyone believes the NFL owner got together and from a conspiracy against Kaepernick they are fools. If Jerry Jones thought Kaepernick could help his team he'd be signed in a heart beat regardless of what other owners might have wanted him to do.
    Too true you are, there's no history of sports team black balling players who don't fall in line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The NFL has allowed Animal Abusers, Wife Beaters, Rapist, and near career criminals to play. Kaepernick was sidelined more for his lack of skill and need, than any controversy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is for sure true of rape, specifically prison rape, the contrast between male and female inmates is pretty stark.

Yup, there were no current starting QB that kaep is better than

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    He sure is loaded now....if he is such a humanitarian who has gotten two huge paydays in the last year how come he isn't doing more? Oh that's what....his con got him payed so it isn't as important to him anymore.
    Exactly right, it's the same old racial self righteousness of a guy that has made more money in a couple of years than 99% of white people will make in there whole life but we should feel sorry for this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    remember when right wingers said no matter how much people offend you, like charlotseville nazis you should never demand they be silenced.
    aha jk not for kaepernick
    I'm sorry, how was he silenced again?

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    he was essentialy fired? and you said megan kelly shouldnt be fired for saying blackface is ok?

Kaepernick and his supporters are all idiots but can't feel bad for the NFL. If Hitler was good at football and they could make money off him they would resurrect him and clone an entire team of him.

Good for him, he's a good man.

Nothing has been confirmed.

Literally the definition of fake news until it is.

People think, unnamed sources say, analysts predict, this may or may not happen, possible. Aka people who don't know sh!t that need to put something out to generate clicks.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

he was essentialy fired? and you said megan kelly shouldnt be fired for saying blackface is ok?
    he was fired because he fucking sucks as a QB. and wanted too much money

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    If it was simply every NFL GM coming to the same conclusion independently, there would be no reason for the NFL to settle. It would be an easy win. Because of the settlement, it's extremely likely the NFL colluded with GMs to prevent Kaepernick from being hired, and this was not simply every GM coming to the same conclusion independently, and 60-80 million was much less damaging than the PR nightmare that would ensue if the evidence was released.
    This is what people keep overlooking. The NFL does NOT make these settlements any other time and are more than willing to go to court on principle alone.

For the NFL to settle on this means they knew of shit that would get exposed into public record in a court hearing and didn't want to allow it. It's better to settle the money with Kaep and Reid than have it go to court and dirty laundry about the NFL's dealings get admitted to public record and have a PR nightmare on their hands.

Basically, for the NFL to settle, there would have had to have been actual evidence of collusion or other such damaging dirt that they didn't want coming out. So settlement + NDA means both parties walk away happy.

Discussing the guy himself and his skill has no bearing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what? Pro sports are about picking and choosing who best compliments a roster. Kaepernick at best is a backup QB, and he sure isn't very good as a starter. GM's are free to sign whatever free agents they want. If the owners decide they don't want the drama and distraction that he brings, that's just part of what happens when you are at best, an average athlete in your sport. If the guy was as good as Tom Brady, no one would give a single fuck about what he says or does. Just like no one really cares that Robert Kraft and Belechik are Conservative populist fanboys of Trump. They win, they show up to play and that's all that matters in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Guess what? Pro sports are about picking and choosing who best compliments a roster. Kaepernick at best is a backup QB, and he sure isn't very good as a starter. GM's are free to sign whatever free agents they want. If the owners decide they don't want the drama and distraction that he brings, that's just part of what happens when you are at best, an average athlete in your sport. If the guy was as good as Tom Brady, no one would give a single fuck about what he says or does. Just like no one really cares that Robert Kraft and Belechik are Conservative populist fanboys of Trump. They win, they show up to play and that's all that matters in sports.
    good and nbc has every right to fire megan kelly. we agree

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    He was fired and blackballed, had enough evidence to force a settlement, which the NFL isn't usually into. Still though more accurate to say that Trump tried to use the owners as a proxy to silence him and failed miserably. He Streisand'd the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Guess what else, if that were true the NFL wouldn't have run scared from this case.

some randos estimate he got 60-80 million, could have been a few hundred thousands and a piss off notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Constitution is a set of laws, not a death pact. While the ruling and everything is fine on the surface, the context is that trust in the system in the US is lost, and increasing numbers of whites are feeling disenfranchised and the entire nation is verging on civil war. Something like this, however small it may seem, is going to be the last straw and then millions will die. None of this is helping the nation. None of this is helping race relations. Its just leading to war.
    I dare you to say that about the 2nd amendment since right wingers like you think that it can't be infringed by anything, even though SCOTUS says it can be.