Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He wasn't arrested for not standing up, he was arrested "because he refused to follow multiple commands, repeatedly called school leaders racists, and was disruptive. They said he threatened to get the school resource officer and principal fired and to beat the teacher, an accusation he says is untrue". But sure, let's all rip our hairs dismissing the case as one of racism. So long as it serves our agenda, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why do you have a pledge in school?
    It's odd. America is one of the only democrat nations who have a pledge of allegiance. You usually only see that stuff in Dictatorships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    He wasn't arrested for not standing up, he was arrested "because he refused to follow multiple commands, repeatedly called school leaders racists, and was disruptive. They said he threatened to get the school resource officer and principal fired and to beat the teacher, an accusation he says is untrue". But sure, let's all rip our hairs dismissing the case as one of racism. So long as it serves our agenda, right?
    You do not have to stand for the pledge, it's first amendment rights, plain and simple. Wouldn't have been an issue. You cant just order someone to violate their personal freedoms.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2019-02-18 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You do not have to stand for the pledge, it's first amendment rights, plain and simple. Wouldn't have been an issue. You can just order someone to violate their personal freedoms.
    I couldn't care less if someone decides to stand or not. I actually think anyone should be able to decide whether to stand or not in such situations. All I said is he wasn't arrested for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What. You can arrest kids for being disruptive in school, now? Dafuq?
    Of course, if a kids being a little dick. Not saying this one was per say, I think all kids by default are kind of a little bit of a pain in the ass, but I think there is a fine line between normal, and some kids that's coming undone. If that is the case school might not be the most appropriate place.

- - - Updated - - -

Something something about teaching civic discourse and instilling an appreciation for freedoms and what not. I really don't see a problem with it, I do see a problem with it, the problem is forcing others to do the same.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I couldn't care less if someone decides to stand or not. I actually think anyone should be able to decide whether to stand or not in such situations. All I said is he wasn't arrested for that.
    The teachers escalated by making unreasonable demands, not him by refusing to follow them. Don't be ridiculous.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You guys some shitty ass teachers there lmao. Calling the cops on an 11 years old. Was it really that hard to send him to the principal office or something? Oh no the 11 years old said he would get people fired and beat up! Must call the cops to restrain this 70 pounds children. Call his fucking parents lmao?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indoctrination, basically. It is one of the simpler ways to instill a sense of respect for authority, without requiring much effort or explanation. The pressure to conform is usually enough to get kids to start saying it initially (ie. in kindergarten). Ideally it actually can be useful at managing young children, but in practice it sometimes fails because people are fucking idiots (like the substitute teacher in the story).

I stopped saying the pledge in 6th grade because I actually stopped to listen to the words and consider whether or not I agreed with them. I found the idea of blind respect for patriotism and authority to be rather dumb. I never had a problem over it though, I just sat silently through it and never had a teacher take issue with my silent protest. This is coming from someone who lives and Texas and had both a state and country pledge to sit through (yeah, we had both the state and country flag in every single classroom).

This is pretty much the only compliment I have about Texas: Texas isn't as bad as Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    You can legit be arrested for that? Thought it was the land of the free, sounds like one of the monarchy protection laws we have over here.

Also how's the anthem offensive to black people? Personally as a brit I could find it offensive due to the subject, but last I heard it, I don't rember it being about much more than "fuck the bits we have a nice cannon ball immune flag"
    Noo you really can't be arrested for shit like that, or I mean you could be but then the police would be in a lot of trouble for not having cause. No in this situation it was escalated as something beyond his just deciding to stand instead of sit.

He was arrested for being a disturbance, which is completely legal, the million dollar question is what is the context. We have that, so as some have said, it won't be a payday, but I could for sure see some people getting fired.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Being disruptive about not being forced to do things you shouldn't be forced to do is kind of a thing in this country. Doesn't particularly bother me, kid sounds like a good American. As to the claims, the only one that sounds remotely problematic is the violent threat, which the kid denies, and frankly given the situation I'm more inclined to believe what he says. Still, will be mildly curious to learn the truth if this story develops further.

Kid acts like an asshole, teacher overreacts, and kid winds up going to detention.

Truly, stop the presses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Kid acts like an asshole, teacher overreacts, and kid winds up going to detention.

Truly, stop the presses.
    You missed the part where they called the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Truly, stop the presses.
    Except only the teacher and police overreacting were true.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You guys some shitty ass teachers there lmao. Calling the cops on an 11 years old. Was it really that hard to send him to the principal office or something? Oh no the 11 years old said he would get people fired and beat up! Must call the cops to restrain this 70 pounds children. Call his fucking parents lmao?
    Sending him to the principal for not standing would still be shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.nbc-2.com/story/39980611...-of-allegiance

Kid decides he doesn't want to stand for the pledge. I'm sorry, I thought this was America if I don't want to stand then I don't want to stand.

Substitute teacher gets made and tells the child to go back to Africa on some passive aggressive bullshit.

Kid knows his 1st Amendment gave his best Randy Marsh impression, "I'm sorry, I thought this was America. Not communist Cuba". I might have paraphrased but I feel like he said that.

SUBSTITUTE teacher calls the office because she got schooled on her 1st Amendment rights. Some genius in the office obviously failed civics as well because of telling her to let the kid shit then they send the police to remove the child.

Patriot-1 (the kid if you can't follow) is like, "WTF? Why are you calling the cops? This is America and I did nothing wrong. People died so I can sit". The kid fought the 'law' and lost. They charged him with some bullshit and took him to juvie.

Suddenly the district wants to cover its ass and say the kids don't have to stand...j guess except for that particular day. So now this kid has some bullshit on his record. Hope they sue.
    What stance people take on this is determined by their type of racism.

Either you assume he can't be guilty because he's black.
    Or you assume he's guilty because he's black.

USA is a thirdworld regime posing as a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You missed the part where they called the cops.
    Or the fact that people shouldn't be made to blindly obey unreasonable demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Man, I am glad I read the article a few times... The kid wasn't arrested for not standing, he was arrested for being an asshole. I don't agree with the arrest though... I think that's too much.

Something else to note, the Sub is Cuban and if she is saying things like "The teacher said she is from Cuba and when the day comes that she feels unwelcome here, then she'll find somewhere else to live." she hasn't been here very long. If the teacher has that mentality, it would make sense her telling the kid he can go back. As much as @PACOX wants you to believe it was said passive aggressively, I'm betting it was said with honesty and not meant to cause offense.

Back to the kid. Of course the kid is going to deny any wrong doing... he got in trouble. It's the same kind of shit I pulled as a youth. It's the same shit most youth pull.

The person who called the cops and had the kid arrested should probably get a few days to think about the whole thing. The kid should have been given detention for starting shit in class and being disruptive. The threats of getting people fired and what not... wrap that up in the detention too.
    Kid was apparently accused of being disruptive because he refused to stand for the pledge. That's literally what the "disruptiveness" was, everything else is fabricated, much like the corrupt police in the US love to slap resisting arrest charges on everyone they arrest even if they don't resist arrest.

Are you suggesting this is a valid reason to arrest an 11 year old child? Maybe if the school didn't try to force him against his rights and freedoms. It's not right to threaten anyone but to really call the cops and have him charged as a fucking 11 year old, and you're okay with that? That's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Noo you really can't be arrested for shit like that, or I mean you could be but then the police would be in a lot of trouble for not having cause. No in this situation it was escalated as something beyond his just deciding to stand instead of sit.

He was arrested for being a disturbance, which is completely legal, the million dollar question is what is the context. We have that, so as some have said, it won't be a payday, but I could for sure see some people getting fired.
    Ah cool. I wondered if it was some obscure law like here in the UK that's rarely enforced.

Like technically talking about having a Republic here is illegal, but it's never enforced as long as its not a legitimate threat that could happen. Its only a law that really concerns corbyn as a political leader who's also an anti-monarchist but he tows the line and keeps silent on it now he's got some power in parliament.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kid was in no way obligated to follow unlawful demands nor should they have arrested him. The district, covering their ass, said all the adults involved were out of line.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Man, I am glad I read the article a few times... The kid wasn't arrested for not standing, he was arrested for being an asshole. I don't agree with the arrest though... I think that's too much.

Something else to note, the Sub is Cuban and if she is saying things like "The teacher said she is from Cuba and when the day comes that she feels unwelcome here, then she'll find somewhere else to live." she hasn't been here very long. If the teacher has that mentality, it would make sense her telling the kid he can go back. As much as @PACOX wants you to believe it was said passive aggressively, I'm betting it was said with honesty and not meant to cause offense.

Back to the kid. Of course the kid is going to deny any wrong doing... he got in trouble. It's the same kind of shit I pulled as a youth. It's the same shit most youth pull.

The person who called the cops and had the kid arrested should probably get a few days to think about the whole thing. The kid should have been given detention for starting shit in class and being disruptive. The threats of getting people fired and what not... wrap that up in the detention too.
    I agree with your version of how it should have gone down, only quibble is on the lying. Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you, but this situation started over an issue where the adults were in the wrong, and many authority figures I've worked with, including as peers, have had a tendency to start bending the truth when they realize they made an error, to maintain their authority. I assume there were impartial witnesses so it shouldn't be that hard to resolve in time. Will probably never hear about it since it's such a small story.