Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    I think the problem is how normalised arresting a child, subjecting them to detention and charges seems to be.
    I would agree with that depending on the threat done to the teacher. Even if the teacher was a total idiot, and that is what it sounds like, a threat in any serious way is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Not doing what the police tell you to do is about the dumbest thing you can do.
    Because an 11 year old is 100% definitely going to know that. My God you people...

Sounds like he was well coached.

Also, did everyone actually READ the article? He threathened people, he was an ass, he was disruptive, he was abusive and he got consequences.

Good for the authorities. It IS sad that another future fry cook-social media warrior-authority victim will probably get paid from this. THIS is why society is collapsing, more people are interested in being a victim, playing the victim card, being coached to be a victim and litigating being a victim.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

There is not one racist statement in that entire sentence. In fact it contains the words Liberty and Justice for ALL.

You can twist the facts all you want, what you have is a misbehaving, coached child being disruptive, abusive and threatening for no reason other than being a professional victim. There was absolutely no reason to be belligerent, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Because an 11 year old is 100% definitely going to know that. My God you people...
    If the 11 year old had some competent parents he would. But since the 11 year old is calling the the flag racist. I think we can figure out what his or her parents are like.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think when it comes down to it you have to scratch beyond the surface to find out what we are talking about when it comes to politics, rather than trying to change definitions or become roving something or other.

Liberal Conservative? About what

Being Conservative in Canada and Being Liberal are realized in a different way in Canada, and honestly with the Caucuses in the U.S while not nearly as many parties there are a lot of parallels that mirror one another in policy.

The difference at least between the U.S and Canada it's just more condensed and faster.

For example like with the U.K Canada's parliament moves fast in comparison to laws.

And when either the U.K or Canada move which now days is quicker to keep up in some ways, to get a vote for leadership in the U.K or Canada it really takes a massive effort, regardless to what party.

In the U.S you can't call for a vote of confidence, or even begin the slow process to do so in comparison. Because unless something rises to a great enough concern, there is more incentive to work together. Which is why I think there are at least in Canada more parties.
    Yea the political system is more advantageous to faster change. The priminister is also far less powerful than a president and we can oust them with a vote of no confidence, either by there own party or a parliamentary majority. The pm can also call a fresh election fairly early befor there full term to gain or in some cases lose a larger majority to push through changes, This means we're rarely in deadlock, brexit has been a really interesting case actually in how rare it is that Parliament and the goverment have been so inactive in as far as forming a path and executing on it.

But that's been caused by a huge number of factors and failings, from lack of unity in the party's to the PM defying convention by staying on way past where she has lost convincing support of majority of the house.

But it's not a redefinition of terms per say, Canadian and British conservatism our definition of it is radicaly different to the US version and that is mostly due to Benjamin Disraeli's influence when he pm. One nation conservatism which is underpinned by the ideology that those of privilege have debt and duty of care to those without changed the shape of British conservatism completely. And when the nations of the empire gained independence that ideology filtered out to the Conservative party's that set up in the new parliaments. This I belive is why our conservatives are far more Liberal than even some US Democrats. Its not so much a redefinition, more we just have two seperate definitions.

Philanthropy is the thing that missing from US conservatism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pate...c_conservatism

It's worth a read and you can see if you follow UK politics the legacy of it in both the Labour and tory Party. In a way at least in the UK its the central ideology we rotate around, and you often here politicians drop the one nation line when they feel we have drifted to far one way or the other.

Power has only one duty - to secure the social welfare of the People.
    - benjamin disraeli
    here is a good video of conservatism from a British perspective and all its strains and ideals.

the US republican conservationism its essentially stuck in the 1800s socially mixed in with left over elements from the new right of the 70s and 80s
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-02-18 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Frightening is another word that comes to mind. I hate to say it, but this is the Amerika Trump is building.
    Hoping that reign will not be too long from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Hoping that reign will not be too long from now on.
    Ya everything was peace and love under Obama.....

When did the BLM movement start?

Are there witnesses to him threatening the staff? That alone is the sole reason that would justify an arrest, everything else can be done via school disciplinary actions (detention, suspension, etc).

The whole situation started because a sub wanted him to stand, but that's now why he was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why do you have a pledge in school?
    Useless tradition.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-02-18 at 07:48 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Ya everything was peace and love under Obama.....

When did the BLM movement start?
    Didnt you know that's only because everyone who disagreed with Obama was racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
    I agree with you. Why are almost all media sources misstating it. We have a serious fucking problem in this country. I want separation from blue staters very badly. Not violent, just get them away from me please...sad times
    It would be funny to see that happen and see red states sink when they realize just how much blue states carry their burden .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.nbc-2.com/story/39980611...-of-allegiance

Kid decides he doesn't want to stand for the pledge. I'm sorry, I thought this was America if I don't want to stand then I don't want to stand.

Substitute teacher gets made and tells the child to go back to Africa on some passive aggressive bullshit.

Kid knows his 1st Amendment gave his best Randy Marsh impression, "I'm sorry, I thought this was America. Not communist Cuba". I might have paraphrased but I feel like he said that.

SUBSTITUTE teacher calls the office because she got schooled on her 1st Amendment rights. Some genius in the office obviously failed civics as well because of telling her to let the kid shit then they send the police to remove the child.

Patriot-1 (the kid if you can't follow) is like, "WTF? Why are you calling the cops? This is America and I did nothing wrong. People died so I can sit". The kid fought the 'law' and lost. They charged him with some bullshit and took him to juvie.

Suddenly the district wants to cover its ass and say the kids don't have to stand...j guess except for that particular day. So now this kid has some bullshit on his record. Hope they sue.
    I mean you quoted it right in your post...

They said he threatened to get the school resource officer and principal fired and to beat the teacher,

He was arrested not for the pledge but for what he did after/during.
    Sorry but you don't get to threaten bodily harm on people in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    You didn't know about consequences of your actions when you were 11? Wow you had shitty parents.

I agree with you. Why are almost all media sources misstating it. We have a serious fucking problem in this country. I want separation from blue staters very badly. Not violent, just get them away from me please...sad times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It would be funny to see that happen and see red states sink when they realize just how much blue states carry their burden .

shh, don't tell them they would actually have to increase taxes to pay for their own shit if they got separated.....let them get smacked in the face with it.

hell Mississippi gets the vast majority of their Medicaid paid for by federal taxes (75% min) while 5 top blue states get the minimum of 50%.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/federal-medical...e-expenditures

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ing-shares-for

Alabama 71.44 80.01 100.00
    Arkansas 70.87 79.61 100.00
    California 50.00 65.00 88.00
    Connecticut 50.00 65.00 88.00
    Idaho 71.17 79.82 100.00
    Illinois 50.74 65.52 88.52
    Kentucky 71.17 79.82 100.00
    Mississippi 75.65 82.96 100.00
    New Jersey 50.00 65.00 88.00
    New York 50.00 65.00 88.00
    South Carolina 71.58 80.11 100.00
    West Virginia 73.24 81.27 100.00

Anyone notice a trend?

For CA that would be an extra 16.6 billion dollars. For NY that would be an extra 15 billion dollars.

Imagine how much less their tax increases would have to be each year.

FL Florida 61.79 73.25 96.25

Florida would lose 2.-2.5 billion dollars, they would have to institute a income tax or raise those low property taxes everyone talks about if it was not for the generosity of all those other states at 50%/65%/88%

Must be nice to have all those billionaires move out of places like NJ and run to FL. and yet NJ still has to pay billions in federal taxes more then they get back to help support places like FL/MS/Etc

and that is just Medicaid......

Gotta love how many people read the title without at least taking 5 seconds to gloss over the contents. The title is completely misleading. Yes, the reasons could very well be felonious, but we can neither prove or disprove that. Just.. people... be better... use your thinky organ to decipher those funny symbols below article titles.

It's a chance I'm willing to take, Dr Assbandit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What. You can arrest kids for being disruptive in school, now? Dafuq?
    Well we are debating whether or not this is OK - but you can get a disorderly conduct ticket at 12 or above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The substitute teacher, who has already been established as being both unacceptably stupid and belligerent claims that He was arrested for being belligerent and disruptive after both school administrators and the police tried to calm the boy down, and the child continued to not follow the directions of school administration and police officials and creating disruption for other students and staff at the school.
    Fixed that for you.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a troll article. It didn't give any evidence whatsoever that he was charged for not standing for the pledge.

i think if he had thrown his fit over anything else he would have been removed as well, but because it was over the national anthem its a news bit. cool story, sucks for the kid hope he gets over life being unfair.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a chance I'm willing to take, Dr Assbandit.
    Easy to take hypothetical chances on an internet forum when you aren't actually dealing with consequences of said chances .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)