Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I mean...better to expect it. Netflix is losing its license to do Marvel.

As for this season 2 of Punisher, I saw it as weaker as well but still super enjoyable.
    They aren't losing it. They are giving it up. HUGE difference.

Not broke af in our world, but in their world the struggle is real.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved S2 of Punisher. I like that the Netflix Marvel series show all of these characters as flawed human beings rather than straight up superheroes. I loved the relationship between Frank and Amy. I especially loved the ending where they beat the shit out of each other, and then ganged up to save dude's kids. Absolutely fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Punisher was actually good, it was the others that were fucking trash.

I mean logically you cancel good shows tho right.

Maybe netflix is taking after fox and syfy.

Cancel good shit and leave the trash, I mean what could possibly go wrong?
    you know that Netflix have to cancel right? because Disney now owns all Marvel properties and so is moving the shows (hopefully) to their streaming service

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you know that Netflix have to cancel right? because Disney now owns all Marvel properties and so is moving the shows (hopefully) to their streaming service
    Disney has made it clear that these shows are not going to the new streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Disney has made it clear that these shows are not going to the new streaming service.
    Actually - that's not clear at all, and that's the point really.

They said those SHOWS aren't going to the new streaming service. They didn't say the characters and property aren't. ie. Netflix can no longer produce any new Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist content, but Disney CAN produce their own shows/content with said character properties.

on that note, however...

...am I the only one who's really shocked we haven't heard of Punisher being canceled yet? I mean, officially canceled? The other three series were announced, like, 3 days after launch or so... how come Punisher is taking so long for the official announcement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Actually - that's not clear at all, and that's the point really.

They said those SHOWS aren't going to the new streaming service. They didn't say the characters and property aren't. ie. Netflix can no longer produce any new Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist content, but Disney CAN produce their own shows/content with said character properties.

on that note, however...

...am I the only one who's really shocked we haven't heard of Punisher being canceled yet? I mean, officially canceled? The other three series were announced, like, 3 days after launch or so... how come Punisher is taking so long for the official announcement?
    The shows can't just go to Disney; they're produced and owned by Netflix, with a licensing agreement from Disney. That agreement's now basically over, and Netflix can't keep producing more, but they don't lose ownership of what they've already produced; they can keep showing that stuff forever. They just can't make any more.

Disney could buy them from Netflix, but Netflix isn't likely to let them go without a high price attached, even as a licensing agreement.

Like you said, though, unless there's particulars in contract details I'm unaware of, they could hire Bernthal and have him play the Punisher in a Disney-produced Season 3, and the same for the rest of the Netflix cast. It's not that different when Netflix buys the rights to a cancelled show and makes new seasons with the old cast, the only difference is that Disney already owns the rights, and they've reverted back now, so they don't need to negotiate that.

As for why Punisher's cancellation hasn't been announced; Netflix might be negotiating, or Disney may really like Bernthal's take and want to use him already and they need to get the details worked out before announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Have they canceled all of the Netflix’s shows now?
    To my understanding all of them are slowly going to be tapered off as their contracts run out because Disney wants to make money with their own streaming platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would ownership of old seasons prevent Disney from making new content? They made new star wars when they didn’t own the movie that started the franchise...
    Not what I was trying to say; I was saying that if Disney decided to make new seasons of Daredevil, with the Netflix cast, they wouldn't automatically have rights to the earlier Netflix-produced seasons. They have the right to produce more and to pursue the actors for casting, but not broadcast rights to the originals, unless they can work out licensing with Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The shows can't just go to Disney; they're produced and owned by Netflix, with a licensing agreement from Disney. That agreement's now basically over, and Netflix can't keep producing more, but they don't lose ownership of what they've already produced; they can keep showing that stuff forever. They just can't make any more.

Disney could buy them from Netflix, but Netflix isn't likely to let them go without a high price attached, even as a licensing agreement.
    /Points up drunkenly at the above quote with a beer bottle in hand

"Yah, dats it there! Dat's what I was meanin' to say, mate!"

/belch

And who cares? The biggest strike against them, atm, is Disney said their streaming service wouldn’t have r-rated/mature content.
    Just to be clear, I believe they said no R rated MOVIES. So TV content could use a looser standard. While I’m sure they would reject a Deadpool style TV show, it’s not clear to me they would reject any of Netflix Marvel properties based solely on content. In addition PG 13 has become a increasingly blurry line. There are movie rated PG 13 I have no problem letting my 10 year old see (most of the super hero genre) come readily to mind. There are also plenty of PG 13 I would never let my 10 year old watch and probably not at 13 or 14 either.

The point being I don’t think Disney plus is going just be Frozen spin offs and Star Wars Rebels cartoons. I would expect some relatively mature content if not the full blown rated R content.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Jessica Jones is cancelled too. They all are.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Jessica Jones is cancelled too. They all are.
    It's expected, but still a shame. JJ and Punisher were arguably the best of the set. Daredevil's up there too, but I'd say it ran its course; it needs a new arc, moving forward; the "Matt hates himself and tries to kill himself nightly while his friends try and not lose him" was a good character arc to start off with, but it's no good for long-term character success.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's expected, but still a shame. JJ and Punisher were arguably the best of the set. Daredevil's up there too, but I'd say it ran its course; it needs a new arc, moving forward; the "Matt hates himself and tries to kill himself nightly while his friends try and not lose him" was a good character arc to start off with, but it's no good for long-term character success.
    Agreed. for me it goes JJ then punisher and then the rest.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Agreed. for me it goes JJ then punisher and then the rest.
    I was never really able to get into JJ. Not gonna hate on like it was empirically bad, just never became my cup of tea. For me it was.

1) DD (far and away)
    2) Punisher (big surprise given I’m not a huge gun fan)
    3) Defenders
    4) Luke
    5) Iron Fist ( I know ranking this above anything invalidates the list itself)
    6) JJ ( not because it was bad, I liked all the Marvel shows)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Just to be clear, I believe they said no R rated MOVIES. So TV content could use a looser standard. While I’m sure they would reject a Deadpool style TV show, it’s not clear to me they would reject any of Netflix Marvel properties based solely on content. In addition PG 13 has become a increasingly blurry line. There are movie rated PG 13 I have no problem letting my 10 year old see (most of the super hero genre) come readily to mind. There are also plenty of PG 13 I would never let my 10 year old watch and probably not at 13 or 14 either.

The point being I don’t think Disney plus is going just be Frozen spin offs and Star Wars Rebels cartoons. I would expect some relatively mature content if not the full blown rated R content.
    Nope they don't want the mature stuff. This is not going to be a full service streaming service. It will be limited to the family friendly and outright childrens niche. The price points being suggested are around $5.99/mo.

Umbrella Academy has been better than all of the marvel ones combined, while I enjoyed some of them I won't miss them.

The Marvel stars confirmed they have at least a 2 year break before any of them will be able to appear in these roles. So if we see something from these people again it'll be at least 2 years down the line. I'm not sure Marvel will decide to keep the same people in those roles at that point, but it's really not that long all things considered.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to have the Marvel movies on it, so it'll at least go up to PG-13. We know this because Captain Marvel is the first Marvel film that will be on the service, and not Netflix, and it's already rated PG-13.
    Right. Disney's idea of "Family Friendly" has an upper limit of PG-13. The Netflix series are all R-rated for violence and some of them have a smidge of sex and/or nudity. That won't fit as is.