Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are we really supposed to believe that Alliance warmode participation is still up?

After the week where a 30% buff and nice quest reward appeared, magically the war mode bonus has somehow settled on 15% and stayed there? I suspect that Blizzard caved to the whining, but don't have the decency to communicate that to us. There is no way that the participation has remained at the level it was the week of the quest (which generated the 15% bonus the following week).

Maybe everyone has left their alts warmode on at alliance side and it somehow affects that. hordes are much much more and it should be atleast 20% or even 25%

People probably just haven't bothered turning it off again

If you ignore all the pathetic entitled whining around here then the most people ever really encounter the other faction at max level is when incursions are up. Maybe you see one or two when out doing world quests, but massive random raids going round for no reason are super rare these days.

Most of the people so adamantly anti-warmode are just still butthurt they got ganked that one time and can't let it go.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Factions need to be deleted, make WPvP FFA and only your guild or group are friends with you. Destroy all capitals, put guild housing in the game.

Blizzard, feel free to hire me, I heard some spots opened recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Factions need to be deleted, make WPvP FFA and only your guild or group are friends with you. Destroy all capitals, put guild housing in the game.

Only if you remove PvE as an option at any zone in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Only if you remove PvE as an option at any zone in the game.
    Well yeah, fuck PVE and remove the option to cancel your sub or play the game, force people to man up and fight.

As a horde I haven't bothered to thrn it back on. Probably many on Horde in same boat. So much easier to just do what I want faster and not deal with the hickups. World quests are already a pain in the ass that I would rather spends as little time on as possible. I have been on pvp server since I started playing but now that it's just tied to "better pve rewards" instead of just being a cool little side thing that sometimes happened with a server community and pvp guilds. "oh there's that guild that is always camping isle of thunder! Let's form a raid and beat that guild of tools!" I miss that. I don't care about PVPing randoms that et phased in and out.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-02-19 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    As a horde I haven't bothered to thrn it back on. Probably many on Horde in same boat. So much easier to just do what I want faster and not deal with the hickups. World quests are already a pain in the ass that I would rather spends as little time on as possible.
    This. /10char

It's like when a child doesn't get what he/she wants and starts crying, as a parent you have to find a fine line right? Be caring enough to not just ignore your child, but at the same time don't raise him/her as a spoiled little shit.
    The fact in and of itself that some delusional guy in blizzard thought that giving a specific faction free reward would balance things out in terms of warmode participartion, and some other people actually agreed to that person and decided to make that happen is literally beyond retarded. It's not going to change anything, except two things:
    1. They got a free item
    2. They annoyed the opposite faction by displaying their true mentality all over again, now it's going to be even worse for them, some of us still had some morals or just didn't care enough to gank someone 5v1, or gank a low level or something, but now it's over.

Someone above mentioned that alot of alliance players probably left wm on for their alt toons, which is probably right. Blizzard is looking at their "DATA" and probably seeing more balanced number in terms of wm participation and they actually believe that they've done something in the right direction, it just shows how disconnected they are from what's actually going on in the game. let's say we have a perfect 50/50 participation from both factions, but arguably 80% of alliance players with wm on are grouped up as a raid and camping some random horde guy who's trying to save turtles or some shit, while 80% of the horde players with wm on just have the wm on randomly because why the fuck not. That data does not mean anything and never will, it has literally nothing to do with pvp

Think the devs did a stealth nerf to it. Majority plays horde and like Ion said. Lots of horde that don't even do pvp have wm on just for the bonus. Because at that time they knew there wasnt gonna be much alliance opposition. Honestly a stealth nerf.

Alliance turned it on and kept it.

Horde turned it off and kept it.

Alliance learned that it's not that tough nowadays.

Hordies learned not to stir shit because they might get a raid coming their way, so they just tuck their tails between their legs and do whatever quest they're on and move to next one.
    Those with WM still on that is, the ones who were in literally for the free bonus just turned it off after they got put in their place.

the simple reality is: blizz realized the whining and changed one DB entry, because bad publicity is bad for their wallets. thats it.

proof ? i do not have one. but come oooon. its that obvious. dont be idiots or 12 years old kids. ofc they did that...

Who cares anymore. Blizz clearly caved from the whining the entitled players were doing about it being "Unfair to one faction" I honestly find it funny how Blizz can be bullied by a bunch of people who likely live in their moms basement.

Maybe they realized warmode is ass and are already working on warmode 2.0 for the next expansion? Kinda like how we didn't get the honor system to be account wide until BfA.

Maybe they realized that bribing people with PVE rewards to take part in PvP wasn't the best idea.

I did love the free loot tho since it further deincentivized me to put effort into the game and raid heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Alliance turned it on and kept it.

Horde turned it off and kept it.

Alliance learned that it's not that tough nowadays.

Hordies learned not to stir shit because they might get a raid coming their way, so they just tuck their tails between their legs and do whatever quest they're on and move to next one.
    Those with WM still on that is, the ones who were in literally for the free bonus just turned it off after they got put in their place.
    I wonder what makes one write things like this. "learned not to stir shit","tuck their tails between their legs", "put in their place".

It's a game. People, on whichever side, will take whatever advantage they can get. When it takes them too long and isn't worth anymore, they'll stop. It's got no other connotation whatsoever. Just imagine this - if suddenly there was a weekly quest for Horde that gave a 415 item - do you think Horde would just stand because "they learned not to stir shit"? Obviously not, they'd gather up and come in full raids and hunt the Alliance at flight points like the Alliance did for their 400 ilvl item. People move when it's worth the bother, and they don't when it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post

Maybe as janitor, but definitly not as dev.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially during faction assaults the numbers seem to be quite balanced. Of course you may always run into a raidgrp of the other faction when there's a quest for a big elite.
    It's definitely more balanced than before....

In my honest opinion, I think they should remove the shitty Warmode they have now, then bring back PvP quests and make a Warmode that only increase rewards from those, so you get 10% more Honor for doing the PvP towers etc we had in Legion, and perhaps add so you get those small green loot boxes you get from Arena from doing WQs with Warmode on.

Never undestood why they thought that making people PvP to get more PvE rewards was a good idea. But then again, they did think BfA was a good idea aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I don't think they did anything, a ton of horde players that don't care about pvp turned off warmode when alliance started ganking at every flight point