Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    This is no sense, just another hate thread on MMO Champ.

Yes, companies always want to earn less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Maybe it's hard to impress us as MMO players because we've seen it all.
    True, but this game is no longer for RPG fans
    MMO?
    Yes
    RPG?
    No

But to actually think that blizzard is sabotaging their own game is waaaay off.
    Yeah, i also dont believe so, but this idea popped in my head for a split second before.
    But ofcourse i disregarded it as a dumb idea like everyone else.
    But is easy to understand the desbelief of the OP

what do you mean it's not RPG? what aspects did blizzard remove to not make it an RPG?
    Basically Blizzard shifted its target audience a long time time ago.
    The original target audience of WoW were players from those old MMORPG's with awful graphics but insane RPG value.
    Sure WoW was the more "casual" version of said games BUT even in its "casual form" it still had INSANE RPG values.

You want examples?

Basically the other entire thread of "What happened to the RPG part of WoW? "

5+ Year Old Account
    No by miles away.
    What could be happening its they are polishing, making new ideas for the games, and they are just using BfA as a test ground for whats to come.
    And you can see, new races, new class combos, if you didnt notice there are Dark Iron and Maghar DKs on the island expeditions teams, so probably they are going to add them later, but later later "probably next expansion". Introducing Necromancer storylines npcs and mobs, diferent from typical undeads, the shadows of voljin questline and the new type of death elementals. Hints on the tinkering and mechagon, new systems and flavor ablities on items, azerite gear etc. What type of content people do like, warfront style or island style or open world content or instance yarada yarada.

People tend to see the negative side, me as a pasionated game worker, every cycle of ptr patch i have seen Blizzard "experimenting in new things for a not well recieved expansion" but it doesnt seems to be for the sake of THIS expansion. Mark my words, something bigger its going to happen BUT it will also mean losing our current style of gameplay.

No, I think they don't get the time they need to develop something new and exciting or finish features. Hence why patches and expansion launches feel like they are not finished.

I cannot belivie so many people are against the OP. It is like those children defending EA thinking they make games because they like their fans.

I asked u personally. I don't care about gibberish in 200 pages threads. :P

I'm wondering it myself what makes a game an RPG.
    Oh boy...you are going to disagree with me all the way...and its going to be an awful discussion i was trying to avoid

Hard hitting mobs in the world
    Zones with elites
    Old Talent system (wotlk were the best)
    Gems
    Glyphs
    Reforging
    onyxia scale cloak types of things
    Professions
    oldschool itemization (no item level)

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    That's honestly the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.
    Do you think OP did that intentionally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    hey guys so I was thinking that we all agree that thers a decline in quality and other things. Not gonna start another databe how BFA sucks but I now think that blizz wants to make it bad so that they can lessen the resources from the game and lets focus on future maybe with minimum cost to wow. So that way the bad design could be an excuse for the players to leave the WoW ship and blizz can do more and more less to the WoW?
    Man, your tinfoil is wrapped too tight, give your brain some air!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    -His reasoning for Blizzards failure is that they are doing it on purpose...because its impossible for developers to be this bad

I kinda understand the OP
    That's the crux of the disagreement then. Because this is a vast improvement over Legion to me. If the company was reporting losses on the Blizzard side of things I could understand but so far it really just seems detractors are going insane over what could be simply described as "I don't like this" instead of all these conspiracies.

It would be like me saying Legion was made awful on purpose because only outright malicious people would design a game so entirely defined by endless grind to restore basic functionality that had existed for the classes for a decade (traits and pvp talents) and completely retcon and destroy the story to accomodate for easy future asspulls to make sure the franchise would last forever at minimum effort.

But no, in the end I think the devs just made an expac the way they thought the players would like and some did and some didn't. Sometimes it's not that complicated. Sometimes Occam's razor is enough.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I think that sometimes as well OP, I've been playing wow so long that I can look at changes and some things are just glaringly bad to me and I sit and wait for the community to catch wind of it and set the forums on fire lol. But do I think they do it for some sinister reason? Nah.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Probably they do when some devs wants to be fired and take another job in another company/want to get out of California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

So that way the bad design could be an excuse for the players to leave the WoW ship and blizz can do more and more less to the WoW?
    I doubt it. They just think they are too big to fail is the impression i get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, no. I think their Head Dev just sucks.
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I always wondered what would end WoW, since TBC we heard of WoWKillers, after a while I realized that such thing would never be, simply because WoW was too big and loved to be killed by something else.

Which lead me to think that eventually, WoW would be more of a curse to Blizzard than a blessing, because it would be hard to sustain it forever.

This realization made me question that eventually, Blizzard as a company that wants profit, would ever consider 'killing' WoW intentionally, as a means to extinguish the product popularity and end it.

You see, this is something that is not so absurd. Many companies suffer because they have to support products they are no longer willing to, but they can't simply pull the plug off.

Microsoft is an accurate example of this with their old Windows XP, and now with Win7 that they are trying to replace for Win10.

So, yeah, the thought of Blizzard intentionally 'killing' WoW popularity is one of my favorite conspiracy theories, even if it imply they are way more competent than I'd like to admit.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    This realization made me question that eventually, Blizzard as a company that wants profit, would ever consider 'killing' WoW intentionally, as a means to extinguish the product popularity and end it.

You see, this is something that is not so absurd. Many companies suffer because they have to support products they are no longer willing to, but they can't simply pull the plug off.
    Except for the fact that they clearly do not support the entire game all the time. They support the current expansion. I (and others) have been yelling for years for them to do something about using the world. For the most part that's been ignored after the great Cataclysm 1-60 experiment. So the whole premise of supporting everything indefinitely is completely false. When was the last time they did anything about the garrison? They're not supporting Legion legendaries. There's a whole long list of things that have been abandoned in the game after the expansion was over. So, no. They are now openly discussing temporary systems that only last for an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    So he reached the conclusion that they are doing it on purpose.

Im not saying this is the reality, but its not hard to understand where he is coming from.
    You would imagine with the number of people coming and going out of Blizzard's employment over the years that if there were an actual directive to fuck up the game so they could move on--something that hundreds of people would have to know about to execute properly--there would be some evidence, like a memo or something, for that. There isn't. So the idea is dumb.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Maybe WoW has become the game nobody wants to work on at Blizzard, because it is old, the code is probably a mess of a patchwork and they are out of ideas. The devs working on it are not doing it with passion anymore and most of them want WoW to die but they have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You would imagine with the number of people coming and going out of Blizzard's employment over the years that if there were an actual directive to fuck up the game so they could move on--something that hundreds of people would have to know about to execute properly--there would be some evidence, like a memo or something, for that. There isn't. So the idea is dumb.
    But is also dumb to believe Blizzard devs lack imagination/skill to create a better game than we have today

I think about this all the time.
    How is the current state of WoW justifiable???

You see me in threads saying a lot of things to justify it, like:
    -High priority devs refusing brilliant ideas because they are for a niche community....and their target audince shifted to "casuals and people who login twice a week"

and...

I think that was my only conclusion.
    But i admit the idea of "this crap must be on purpose" have crossed my mind but i discarded it, obviously

hey guys so I was thinking that we all agree that thers a decline in quality and other things. Not gonna start another databe how BFA sucks but I now think that blizz wants to make it bad so that they can lessen the resources from the game and lets focus on future maybe with minimum cost to wow. So that way the bad design could be an excuse for the players to leave the WoW ship and blizz can do more and more less to the WoW?
    I think your on to something here, I mean who the hell plays the same video game for 15 years. The have to be about as sick of developing the game as we are playing it.