Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    Change is fine. Changing when people in alpha and beta gave constructive feedback on what to improve and what will not work/is not fun and not listening to it is bad. We have some things in the game now anyway. They just could have been more efficient if they just listened to feedback and put those things in at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Change can be good.
    Cancer is also change, but not good.
    BFA is cancer.
    Well said.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it so bad to critic the game when systems today are vastly different, compared to previous versions of the game, and not all players like every game system.

With Classic being a thing, retrospect is stronger then ever.

WoW has been going through eras and cycles:
    • 1.0 to 2.4: I see Vanilla and TBC as the original concept. 1 version of a Raid boss, and World Bosses were appropriate after they were added. Mostly Linear raid progression&attunements, before 2.4.
    • 3.0: Wotlk was the experimental phase, 10 man/25 man, Hardmodes, and later seperate heroic raid modes+lockouts.
    • 4.0: Cataclysm tried to go back to 1 raid lockout and a bit more TBC-like until Dragon Soul. But still with a simplified Talent system, teleportation hub, Valor system instead of Badge gear. And more streamlined leveling with vehicle content , cutscenes and more phasing.
    • 5.0: MoP expanded on late Cataclysm, but also tried more experimental with Scenarios, Brawlers Guild, Timeless Isle, Flex Raid.
    • 6.0: WoD is the current Era of WoW raid lockout systems, and Mythic difficulty.
    • 7.0: Legion added Mythic+ and Artifact power, and more common rewards via alternate systems like World Quests, and Titanforging not being part of an "upgrade" system. Even mid expansion, Artifacts and Legendaries implementation changed with 7.2 and 7.3.
    • 8.0: BFA removed tier sets, and went a different approach on Artifacts, and even that is going to change with 8.2.

BfA really didn't ADD anything drasticly different, Warfronts and Islands are additional content but ultimately fall into a similar category as World Quests.

Warmode is just a more dynamic way to have PvP cross realm like the other CRZ and grouping systems.

The core game still uses the 6.0 raid model of 4 difficulties, and Legion's M+ Weekly chest.

Overall, the game just changed a lot, and can't expect the 1.0 playerbase to like all versions.

Even Classic can be seen as an "Experiment". Because, they can't easily back to an old design in the main game because over the years, the audience changed so much.

People come and go, there was a 100 million total players quote way back in 2014.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-02-20 at 05:28 PM.

Change for the sake of change will all ways be bad and if it's not broken why change it, Blizzard never got the memo it seems.

This game is far from it use to be about, what it was at the core(community) and i fear Blizzard is at fault here for shit like forced CRZ/sharding, warmode etc. When i was playing last year i was trying to recruit and it wasn't possible from the open world due to no one from my server being in the same shards as my self, and the other officers in the guild also commented on this. We all ways recruited from the open world and was all ways able to find people to fill a roster. This is just one of many aspects of the game that has changed for the sake of money, and or idiot devs who think they know best when they them self's don't even fucking play the game. Or maybe it was part of the crazy cost cutting bullshit that has been going on the past 12months, i don't know but they need to sort their servers out once and for all and piss of forcing crz and sharding down peoples throats. I will never touch any version of WoW with these half done piss poor systems in the game.

This game will never be the same, the old guard has gone, it's all about the shareholder now and this game will never see one bit of passion again which is sad. I've all ways said it that Blizzard will be the victim of its own success, I've seen it a fair bit in life with other business around from my past job. Company get big, make a lot of money and just make stupid decisions that makes you scratch your head in disbelief and Blizzard are no different.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2019-02-20 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change isn't always good. Change for the sake of change is bad, because it often gets rid of good things. I don't want things to be "different every expansion", I want it to be good, which means when they get something right, changing it for no fucking reason is just stupid, especially when they never admit their mistake and change it back after their changes don't work out.

I don't mind change, I just want it to have a purpose, if it doesn't accomplish anything, that change is a waste of development resources that could have been spent on entirely new things in addition to what we used to have, instead of removing something to be replaced.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-02-20 at 11:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yes they can. The users aren't disliking their videos "because fuck you", but they're disliking them, because they dislike the content of this video and the current state of the game. Liking/Disliking a video is an intended way (by YouTube) to rate a video dude.

All of their last videos were complete shit: The Allied Races video was shit, because people expected the Zandalari to be available at launch already (as was announced during Blizzcon) and most people seem to actually dislike this Allied Races(=You have to grind rep to unlock a race that you want to play, which in the past wasn't necessary) system overall; then we have the pig store mount video... I mean this speaks for itself; and the surival guides were just shit. People were expecting that 8.1 would fix most of the issues with BfA, especially classes and azerite(which was also explicitly said by Blizz that they'd address class issues in 8.1) and they hoped for more content, since BfA by itself was already pretty lackluster (at least when you're just playing 1 faction or 1 character, which most people do).

And yes player feedback does have an impact most of the time, not only at Blizzard, but everywhere in the game industry.

Everyone has a right to give feedback on something. It's none of your business what someone does with his/her life.
    They literally are disliking the video because fuck you. It happens with all trailer vids now. It's also the reason YouTube is removing dislikes. They're worthless.

5+ Year Old Account
    I do like the new line the doom & gloom crowd use now, "we hate it so much because we used to love it".

Ok, maybe a healthier thing to do would be voice your concern in a constructive way and walk away? Instead of the current approach of basically beating Blizzard over the head repeatedly at every opportunity available, while screaming about how they made you do this and it's because you love them. Seems pretty unhealthy to me.
    Last edited by Fiacla; 2019-02-20 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling

I've played every single expansion.

I didn't unsub during WoD, I unsubbed during BfA.

Confirmed BFA is trashiest expansion for me.

Tell Blizz Devs to git gud and listen to the player base a little more.

I'm sick of people who defend shitty products and get whiny and holier-than-thou in the process.

Bad products deserve bad criticism. And when the vast majority of people are telling you you're wrong about something, guess what Einstein: You're probably fucking wrong. And in this case, you're very fucking wrong. This expansion is absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I'm waiting for Classic.

Not because of the game, because Vanilla was crap and everyone except nostalgifags and fanboys could agree with this, but because people who say that WoW is ruined because is no more like in the past will play it and get bored like they are now. What will be their excuse then?
    Oh don't worry they will find something to blame and say that Classic is not a faithful representation of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    - Getting ride of the 40-50 point s kill tree. Now we have 6 talents. The trees were fine, even if they were cookie cutter. It made you feel like you actually earned something for leveling.
    New talents have some influence on gameplay. Old ones were really boring. They were like enchants or clicking +1 stat button in old RPGs. I see that people like to click stuff.
    - Changing the Enchanting / Jewel system.
    I agree. Jewels should come back.
    - Having 4 raid difficulties.
    So people can choose what they enjoy the most. Only thing that should be(but can't) changed is to make people able to start on whichever difficulty they want. However, Blizzard can't force(without effort) raid leaders to invite people with low item level to mythic raids.
    - Welfare Gear
    It is needed to make people able to do current content. Otherwise, if someone had broken computer for a longer time, he would have to wait till end of expansion to return to the game.
    - Facebook games (garrison shit)
    Additional minigames are fun. Not to mention that giving quests make you feel like a real "champion", not a servant.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I don't get the OP. Out of all expansions, BFA has changed the least where they mostly kept everything from Legion and added a few new features (island expeditions and warfronts) that very few people seem to like doing. What can be argued is that they ruined most of the features that Legion introduced, which is what makes this expansion feels like a step backwards from what Legion was. Thats why people like to call it ''Legion 0.5''. Its not that people are opposed to changes at all, but BFA hasn't done much right in this case. If anything this is where the devs are remaining in their comfort zone..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    Evolve and change to improve things? Yes.
    Evolve and change to ruin the game? No thanks.

Majority of players would rather have it stay the same for years than change into the abomination it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    And when the vast majority of people are telling you you're wrong about something, guess what Einstein: You're probably fucking wrong.
    You don't know how the logic works, do you? If there are two opinions, if the topic isn't subjective, there is one truth which doesn't depend on number of its followers. Remember that Copernicus was in minority.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    New talents have some influence on gameplay.
    They have no more influence on gameplay than the old ones did.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I'm waiting for Classic.

Not because of the game, because Vanilla was crap and everyone except nostalgifags and fanboys could agree with this, but because people who say that WoW is ruined because is no more like in the past will play it and get bored like they are now. What will be their excuse then?
    They will say that you can't play one thing forever and Blizzard had only one good idea which was exhausted long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes are good but copy paste from previsiou expansion isnt :P

There is good change and bad change. BFA has mostly bad changes.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Oh don't worry they will find something to blame and say that Classic is not a faithful representation of Vanilla.
    Or they'll have fun, like they have had for 10 years on private servers.

The retards seem to always forget the part where the whole "NOSTALGIADURRRR" has been factually proven false by people actually experiencing and having fun right at the moment spoken, on the very thing that was retardedly claimed as impossible to have fun on.

I'm waiting for Classic.

i know this is off topic but jesus those quotes in your sig are mind blowing,pls tell me you made them up and people didnt actualy say those things