Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there a sort of équiette when doing World PVP ?

I'm currently ''working'' on the Talon's Vengeance mount.

It require killing around, I dunno, 600-700 people in very specific zones (PVP World zones of Legion, or Falcosaur quest zones. Each killed player get a debuff lasting 10 minutes, which make, ahem ''arrangements'' hard to maintain)

Free for all PVP-faction members are fair game. So, question : should I warn/explain to players of my faction what I'm doing ? (

If you are doing 1v1's is all fair game.

Thats the nature of world pvp.

Specially now with item level scaling in PvP.

Ganking is the only thing frowned upon.

Sadly,the WoW community,especially the PvP community is far too childish and selfish to be able to expect any form of cooperation,etiquette,or decency.

It's commendable for you to try to maintain one,but it won't really lead to anything positive for you,even when you're doing stuff that benefits others

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Sadly,the WoW community,especially the PvP community is far too childish and selfish to be able to expect any form of cooperation,etiquette,or decency.

It's commendable for you to try to maintain one,but it won't really lead to anything positive for you,even when you're doing stuff that benefits others
    I might have stressed poorly my OP : you can't gank people to gain the marks. You can kill them once per ten minutes and if you are killed once, you lose a buff effect that is on 15 minutes cd. It's not possible then to, say, just happen to be in a falcosaur area with a guy you talked to on trade chat and kill him 10 times for marks.

When doing world pvp the only rule is "If it's red it's dead".

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    this , even if it's a level 50 , high chances they will log their mains

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    If you are doing 1v1's is all fair game.

Thats the nature of world pvp.

Specially now with item level scaling in PvP.

Ganking is the only thing frowned upon.
    By whom? Certainly not everyone. Not me.

There are no rules in world PvP. That's the beauty of it.

But they are from my faction.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    So, question : should I warn/explain to players of my faction what I'm doing ? (
    Should you? No. Only if you feel like it.

Not really no, its like a national geographic documentary about a pack of hyenas.

10+ Year Old Account

It require killing around, I dunno, 600-700 people in very specific zones (PVP World zones of Legion, or Falcosaur quest zones. Each killed player get a debuff lasting 10 minutes, which make, ahem ''arrangements'' hard to maintain)

Free for all PVP-faction members are fair game. So, question : should I warn/explain to players of my faction what I'm doing ? (
    Not really?

If it is red, it is dead.

Though, myself, I don't attack when people pull packs. Nor do I attack in graveyards or inside quest hubs or on rares.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pretty much this^^

However, when I come across someone doing a quest, I let them finish the fight and get their loot before engaging. I don't know how many times back in TBC I was killed at the very end of a fight and could not loot it. By the time I corpse ran back the body was gone and had to do it again

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't corpse camp, don't gank lowbies (unless they test you), and try not gang up on loners.

if it moves, kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really?

If it is red, it is dead.

Though, myself, I don't attack when people pull packs. Nor do I attack in graveyards or inside quest hubs or on rares.
    ^this goes too.

No need to explain, they get warned when entering a pvp zone.
    Also, 600-700? 150 max, the rest is done in battlegrounds.

But they are from my faction.
    Whatever you do in PvP there will always be people that will make no big deal of it unless you abuse them, (although on a 10min cd I dont think that would be a big problem) and those that will curse to the last of your ancestors. So you shouldnt really be giving it any more thougts, do it and carry on.

No. There is no etiquette when it comes to PVP, the only thing that matters is your enjoyment. Your goals. Everyone else exists just to fuel your ascent to your personal individual goals. Build that mountain of corpses, that is the only reason other players exist. As stepping stones to your dreams.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    If it's red, it's dead. That's the only rule. Any other rules you impose on yourself are by your own choosing and nobody is obliged to follow them. Like I will never gank someone or intervene in a 1v1 unless my ally is about to die, but I would never expect the same from the other side.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

World pvp zones have the same rules as arenas imo. You dont ask questions first and you dont complain if someone murders you.

I think the only thing I would not do is kill people who already have the 10 min debuff just for giggles.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."