Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I'm waiting for Classic.

Not because of the game, because Vanilla was crap and everyone except nostalgifags and fanboys could agree with this, but because people who say that WoW is ruined because is no more like in the past will play it and get bored like they are now. What will be their excuse then?
    would either have Wotlk, but atleast Classic is better than BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I especially don't understand the YT hate. Every new blizzard's video gets overwhelming amount of dislikes.
    If you hate something so much you go out of your way to make sure you dislike every video, maybe you should admit the game is no longer for you and move on.

It's especially the entitled mentality of video gamers. Your yt dislikes won't make the game more like you've liked it before. You are just wasting your precious time on hate. Just stop.
    well, most admit it is not longer for us, but we want it to be for us again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Gosh, what an unproductive opinion

It's great you like every expansion. At least, good for you.
    But next time you start a thread, at least give it a logical reasoning.

They actually didn't get out of a comfort zone, they are building one They use patterns in development, which actually proves the opposite (compare the Artifact Weapons system with the Azerite one).

"It's good to have changes" - I'd agree, if the changes were worth it. Nobody wants to "stand still forever and never evolve". People have some real feelings with the game. They simply get mad seeing the game going in the wrong direction. It's THAT simple.
    Yeah. good some people understand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Change can be good.
    Cancer is also change, but not good.
    BFA is cancer.
    Genius description xD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yes they can. The users aren't disliking their videos "because fuck you", but they're disliking them, because they dislike the content of this video and the current state of the game. Liking/Disliking a video is an intended way (by YouTube) to rate a video dude.

All of their last videos were complete shit: The Allied Races video was shit, because people expected the Zandalari to be available at launch already (as was announced during Blizzcon) and most people seem to actually dislike this Allied Races(=You have to grind rep to unlock a race that you want to play, which in the past wasn't necessary) system overall; then we have the pig store mount video... I mean this speaks for itself; and the surival guides were just shit. People were expecting that 8.1 would fix most of the issues with BfA, especially classes and azerite(which was also explicitly said by Blizz that they'd address class issues in 8.1) and they hoped for more content, since BfA by itself was already pretty lackluster (at least when you're just playing 1 faction or 1 character, which most people do).

And yes player feedback does have an impact most of the time, not only at Blizzard, but everywhere in the game industry.

Everyone has a right to give feedback on something. It's none of your business what someone does with his/her life.
    I hope they fire the guy speaking in the survival guides. His voice makes me want to never return to the game. I exit the video as soon as he starts to speak. Couldn't someone with a voice that sounds like Metzen be in the survival guides instead. He was epic in the Cataclysm Reveal trailer.

what i've learned over the years, blizzard should never take feedback from fansites, after, most of the ppl there are just armchair developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Just don't pay attention to it. some MMO-C members consist of elitists wannabes who can't even enjoy anything anymore. they can't stand the fact that they can't enjoy any game other than wow and will shit on it for slightest mistakes.

Just do what you like to do in the game and refrain from reading too much forum threads.
    You call the Azerite system a slight mistake? Some people really shouldn't be paid attention to.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    I hope they fire the guy speaking in the survival guides. His voice makes me want to never return to the game. I exit the video as soon as he starts to speak. Couldn't someone with a voice that sounds like Metzen be in the survival guides instead. He was epic in the Cataclysm Reveal trailer.
    It's actually Lore doing those, but they fired the only active CM last week instead of him. I guess he really knows who's dick to suck to keep his job.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

People come and go, there was a 100 million total players quote way back in 2014.

100 million accounts, not players.
    There was a dude running (At least) 5 accounts and doing 5-man content himself back in the day.

So I believe the real number of different players is not quite that high.

(Source: https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime )

Edit:
    Apparently I remembered "fairly" wrong, the dude ran a little bit more than just 5 accounts;

https://geekologie.com/2008/10/guy-p...f-warcraft.php
    Last edited by Dezminion; 2019-02-20 at 08:48 PM.

Many in the community have become entitled assholes. That's what i've seen. They hate on BFA because it's the new IT thing and they have nothing better to do with their lives other then to troll. That is how the internet is sadly. BFA and the current iteration of WoW isn't great. I like BFA, but it's kinda boring. There is no reason to really jump on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    There was a dude running (At least) 5 accounts and doing 5-man content himself back in the day.

The real difference is not account vs player (people running multi-accounts are uncommon and wouldn't change a lot).
    The real difference is that it's about CUMULATIVE accounts (that is, all the unique accounts ever created, which includes people who left the game).

I just need people to realize that the game sucks, it sucked in the past, and it will always suck. Everything is terrible and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Be miserable, be unhappy, be bitter and angry like me! How dare you enjoy something when I can't find any joy in my life? To Hell with that, everybody has to be as miserable as I am because I refuse to try to better my situation I just want people to be as miserable as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Lore does it (the Lead CM). tbh his voice doesn't bother me personally, but the funny thing about him is that not even he plays WoW anymore. He actively streams other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I don’t refer to talent trees as a stand-alone system because they’re not. They’re part of the overall character progression.

The system moves forward with or without talent trees. If you want to argue that 6 talents is less than 10, then go ahead. I don’t disagree with that, I’m just saying it’s a stupid argument because it isn’t focusing on the big picture; the old talent trees are not the end all be all of character progression were never designed to survive this many expansions.
    Again, you get around by deflecting. We could remove talents all together by your logic. They aren't needed. Leveling isn't needed either. Just make power only gained by gear. Problem solved right?

The talent trees are a stand alone system, much like crafting or the artifact power system is. Everything in the game is bound to character progression, including heirlooms, xmog, pets, mounts, everything. None of this takes away from the fact that they dumb shit down for the sake of dumbing it down. "OH NOES WE SAW THE TALENTS BALOONING OUT OF HAND, SO WE GO FROM POINTZ!!! TO 6 TALENTS THAT WE GAVE YOU GUIZE BEFORE, SHHHH".

Come on bro. You yourself said this :

The thing people don’t seem to understand is if you want the game to keep churning out content by way of massive, level increasing expansions, you HAVE to eventually parse down some of the progression systems (talents, ilvl, stats, etc).
    So which one is it. It is or its not one of many systems?

People are allowed to voice their opinions about the products they pay money for; be that negative or possitive, in the end the negatives are far more important as generaly you arent going to able to improve if all you hear is praise, if you cant accept negativity you're a hipocrite if you at the same time open-armedly accept one-dirrected praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    Change is good, change for the worse is bad. The subs are showing that. Facts dont care about your feelings.

I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    no dude, not all change is good lol wtf..
    you can have good change and still have the game make sense gameplay wise, but unfortunately thats not how it is anymore,,, so yea, the negativity is warranted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Many in the community have become entitled assholes. That's what i've seen. They hate on BFA because it's the new IT thing and they have nothing better to do with their lives other then to troll. That is how the internet is sadly. BFA and the current iteration of WoW isn't great. I like BFA, but it's kinda boring. There is no reason to really jump on anymore.
    Sentence 3: "people who "hate on BfA" are trolls and losers"
    Sentences 5,6,7: hates on BfA

(Source: https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime )

Edit:
    Apparently I remembered "fairly" wrong, the dude ran a little bit more than just 5 accounts;

https://geekologie.com/2008/10/guy-p...f-warcraft.php
    Yep.
    I have 7 accounts because I was triple boxxing boosting RAF alts with my main account and getting RAF rewards.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even if you had 1 million multiboxers with 10 characters each , that leaves 90 million more accounts.

Even those few extreme cases of 20, or 40 account multiboxers won't move that much.

Just saying, the game cycled through at least 30-50 million different players in the worst case scenario in 2014.

And I don't know if that even includes Asian market as they often keep those out of reports.

Even Classic will get fresh players that never seen WoW, or players that haven't played for many many years back.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-02-20 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Change can be good.
    Cancer is also change, but not good.
    BFA is cancer.
    This is the kind of negativity that never solves anything though. Criticism and being negative about something is one thing. When it's mostly just mindless it's a waste of space and time. Given how many people will contract or have contracted cancer or know someone who has it's offensive and hurtful on all sorts of levels.

I don't mind negativity although I have a special loathing for those that when they see someone complimenting the game on something resort to name-calling and insults. The fact about WoW is that it's a big game. Some stuff is bad, some stuff is good. Calling out the bad is OK, calling out the good is fine too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    Im sick of it too. I wish they made a batter game that we didnt feel so negative about.