Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly in terms of overall content BFA is not worse than WoD.

However in terms of enjoyment I've started to think WoD was a little more enjoyable for me. Because it was just before they went full on with crappy RNG systems.

BFA just has literally nothing that interests me right now. And quite frankly Battle for Dazar'lor from what I've watched is nothing special unlike Nighthold and Blackrock Foundry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is why I bookmarked some threads aaaalll the way back to WotLK. So sweet to look at the threads that hail Catalclysm as a return to true form because WotLK was so casual and then wade in the tears of the initial difficulty of 5 mans and the resulting threads. Then a few years later, the oh so hated x-pac (WotLK) gets regularely voted the best and the so-called saviour of WoW (Cata) is competing for the worst with WoD (well, and Legion..and now BfA)

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Cola, Nestle, Facebook, Walmart, insert the chain your buy your daily shit bla bla bla.....from where Blizzard is really just a tiny part of? You know, the part where they don't supply anything vital to your life.. and THAT is what people chose to hate on?

its sad we cant read the threads themselves, but just the names.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Or they just have different tastes? Apparently millions of people still eat every day at Mc Donalds. Totally blowing my mind and not understandably to me...yet it happens. What are the odds?

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck being on the internet in that case...

-Star Wars fanbois defending where episodes 1-3 or 7-9 go
    -Jurassic World Fanbois
    -even Ghostbuster 2016 fnabois...what are the odds?
    -DC fanbois
    -insert whatever somebody likes and you hate
    I mean they aren't wrong. There are people on this forum and they know who they are who absolutely think the game and Blizzard can do no wrong.

Not to say there aren't people on the other end of the spectrum either but well...

And to be fair most of the Ghostbusters reboot fanboying consists of the low rate stupidity of "IF YOU HATED THE MOVIE YOU A MISOGNYST REEEEE".... but that's for a different topic.

And quite frankly while I don't agree with the flat out bashing this expansion has been dreadfully handled and from what I see it's clear the team has zero passion for their projects anymore. Except maybe the sound and art teams.

The game focuses more on crappy metrics like "time played" rather than an enjoyable experience and that's why there's been a good chunk of people moving to other games or quitting outright with this expansion. Anecdotal evidence I know but from what I've seen it seems like a fair few. And no I don't mean "hurr WoW has 500k subs left" either.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-20 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then maybe Blizzard shouldn't have made a terrible expansion.
    tenletters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think it's an incomplete system. hopefully, by 8.2 it would be fixed. Other than that: M+, Arena, Raids are all fun and consume the most of my time.
    They are completely scrapping the concept actually from what it sounds like. Azerite armor will drop fully unlocked, and the progression system will be contained only in the neckpiece itself. Sounds better to me, but you know something went majorly wrong if they are overhauling the core expansion mechanic midway thru. Imagine if they had scrapped artifacts mid Legion.

For me, this core unfun system is killing my enjoyment. I'm liking the Old god lore, but this forced faction nonsense can go right to hell and never return (if we can be so lucky).
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    They are completely scrapping the concept actually from what it sounds like. Azerite armor will drop fully unlocked, and the progression system will be contained only in the neckpiece itself. Sounds better to me, but you know something went majorly wrong if they are overhauling the core expansion mechanic midway thru. Imagine if they had scrapped artifacts mid Legion.

For me, this core unfun system is killing my enjoyment. I'm liking the Old god lore, but this forced faction nonsense can go right to hell and never return (if we can be so lucky).
    The thing is though core things shouldn't take nearly a year to fix. The expansion should have been ready with the experience.

I dont see people complaining about sweeping changes and massive steps in any direction. I see people complaining about pointless changes no one asked for -

the GCD is a prime example. By itself, its not a major issue.
    Same with the loot changes. There wasnt really any need for it at all. it didnt really benefit anyone. by itself, not a game breaker.
    Removal of legos - by itself, not a big deal.
    Simplification of some specs and builds - not a big deal by itself.

etc etc

However, add this all together, and you start building a picture of a developer hell bent on making changes that no one is asking for, and creating a serious issue with enjoyment. This is not even taking into account free ilvl 400+ loot for afk players, terrible new features like Warfronts and Islands, and no meaningful new features in sight, and suddenly the bigger picture becomes clearer.

Its a death by 1000 cuts, not a bullet to the head.

Is it really people thinking "Blizzard can do wrong" or people saying..."Hey...I enjoy the game as it is"....or at least "I enjoy a certain part of the game"?

It seems it has become unacceptable to say "This is my hobby, I like it, I am willing to pay 15$ a month for it" - and at the other end you have people hating the game, still paying for it and frothing at the mouth. Now suddenly I, who think 15$ a month is a fair investment of the time I spend and the enjoyment I get out of the game have to justify myself towards people who pay for the game and hate it?

What a fucked up world
    If you enjoy the game fine. That's fair. You should never have to justify your enjoyment to anyone.

However. You know which people I'm referring to on both sides. Let's not pretend they don't exist.

If you enjoy a game fine. But ignoring the issues is blindness. Simple as that. There will always be criticism of a product no matter how close to perfect some people believe it is and that's just the way of the world.

Me personally I think WoW is a good game at it's core. However imo this expansion for me as a player has been an absolute trainwreck and made me re evaluate my opinion of Blizzard as a whole with the recent negative press about them and shitstorms they've caused in general. I just don't see the same passion in the game anymore. Sorry but I just don't.

As I said good game but they need to wake the hell up and smell the coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is though core things shouldn't take nearly a year to fix. The expansion should have been ready with the experience.
    I don't think a core mechanic of any expansion has ever been this broken before. Garrisons come close, but even they didn't get scrapped mid WoD like azerite is. You're right though, a core mechanic shouldn't take a year to fix, especially when they heard mountains of feedback from beta that the system was unfun and redundant.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I'm waiting for Classic.

Not because of the game, because Vanilla was crap and everyone except nostalgifags and fanboys could agree with this, but because people who say that WoW is ruined because is no more like in the past will play it and get bored like they are now. What will be their excuse then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Oh don't worry they will find something to blame and say that Classic is not a faithful representation of Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They will say that you can't play one thing forever and Blizzard had only one good idea which was exhausted long ago.
    You guys seem to be doing a very poor job at being "positive", at least when discussing Vanilla. Which btw has nothing to do with the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Or they'll have fun, like they have had for 10 years on private servers.

The retards seem to always forget the part where the whole "NOSTALGIADURRRR" has been factually proven false by people actually experiencing and having fun right at the moment spoken, on the very thing that was retardedly claimed as impossible to have fun on.
    Exactly. BfA lovers (some of them, at least) seem to have their heads so much up their rears that they assume that Classic is being made for them as well. And since they don't like it, no one can possibly like it LMAO.

OT: Let negative people complain, start your own "BfA appreciation" thread if you think the game is actually deserving one... and see how it fares. But coming to whine about whiners is... um, kind of contradictory, to put it mildly
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    I don't think a core mechanic of any expansion has ever been this broken before. Garrisons come close, but even they didn't get scrapped mid WoD like azerite is. You're right though, a core mechanic shouldn't take a year to fix, especially when they heard mountains of feedback from beta that the system was unfun and redundant.
    Garrisons were fine though.

They worked, the buildings got you what you wanted such as the mounts, the follower missions worked and so on.

I mean it was a shit tier response to the player housing demands and the game should just do housing already but from a technical/polish point it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    I thought Blizzard fired all you PR people?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lack of changes? what?
    people are mostly mad they are changing things. its the whole "call of duty" paradox
    people claim "we want no changed innovation" but then call of duty comes out with the exact same game and it sells millions, and everyone complains about any changes they made
    And yet they barely changed anything from Legion. What they did do is move some talents around, strip us of all artifact weapon effects while forcing us to stay on the AP grind for an unsatisfying and repetitive reward.

If you really break it down, BfA changed almost nothing from Legion. They took the weapons, gave us a new grind and otherwise we kept extremely similar class designs minus all the fun stuff artifacts gave us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons were fine though.

They worked, the buildings got you what you wanted such as the mounts, the follower missions worked and so on.

I mean it was a shit tier response to the player housing demands and the game should just do housing already but from a technical/polish point it worked.
    They worked too well though, i think. No one ever needed to leave their garrison except to zone into raids and do daily quests. It segregated everyone into their own instance and gave them no reason whatsoever to leave it. To me in this particular case, something that works too well is just as broken as something that doesnt work at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    And yet they barely changed anything from Legion. What they did do is move some talents around, strip us of all artifact weapon effects while forcing us to stay on the AP grind for an unsatisfying and repetitive reward.

If you really break it down, BfA changed almost nothing from Legion. They took the weapons, gave us a new grind and otherwise we kept extremely similar class designs minus all the fun stuff artifacts gave us.
    1. warfronts
    2. allied races
    3. split storylines
    4. old world scaling
    5. islands
    6. azerite neck instead of artifact
    7. remove titanforging from 7 slots
    8. made old world relevent again with warfronts
    9. mythic plus rework with the new seasonal affixes
    10. pvp weekies+ "vendor"
    those are what i can think of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Only adressing this tiny bit: Legendaries in Legion was THE most heated, debated topic that always went towards: The worst shit ever. THE WORST SHIT EVER. Makes classes and speccs, breaks classes and speccs.

No bloody wonder it is gone.

Personal opinion incoming: Blizzard blew their wad with Legion. Artifacts AND TONS OF legendaries? Bad idea...baaaaad idea. Unfathomable how somebody thought it was a good idea. You blow all your stuff in one x-pac and it could have lasted for at least two.
    They didnt break any specs at all. Legos themselves was never a hot topic. The way there were acquired was absolute rubbish, and quite rightly pissed off a LOT of people, from the hardcore to the casuals. But instead of listening to feedback and building the idea of legos into BfA, they decided to just scrap the entire system. As the expac progresses, i think more and more they should just put it in maint mode for 6 months - 1 year, and really put some thought and effort into the next one. I dont think it would have much of a negative impact now, but another lackluster expac would most likely spell the end for wow AS WE KNOW IT (i dont believe wow will just 'die', but rather transform into something completely different)

People always complain about something. But when most complaints are about the mindnumbing classes and gameplay, you know the game is in shit state. I don't recall there being so many complaints about the class gameplay in MOP and before (outside of "my class is UP / their class is OP" on damage meterz and PVP)
    Last edited by MrCool; 2019-02-21 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you but you're not at all looking at the bigger picture. Most of the new changes were lazy and not at all polished. Most of the new updates that came out are what the xpac should have launched with. Now if you're sick of the train of people who are for no reason disliking video's and spouting nonsense that have nothing to do with why something is bad then yeah. It's because it's a trend, and the negativity is a fad right now and people on the internet think that this attitude is just fun they don't care about the damage they do. They think throwing fuel at the fire won't burn the whole house down or even worse they want to see it burn because that's the type of disgusting human they've become.

In general yes, most people act like little b****** because it's changes that they can't handle and that's nothing but a weak minded individual.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. warfronts - absolute rubbish content
    2. allied races - popular and a great addition - acquisition and release schedule is a disgrace.
    3. split storylines - nothing new at all here. seriously, nothing at all new.
    4. old world scaling - again, nothing new here, rather another iteration of a system already in place
    5. islands - great idea - terrible implemntation - bassically a lvling tool and nothing else.
    6. azerite neck instead of artifact -nothing new - just a new iteration of the same thing
    7. remove titanforging from 7 slots - ???
    8. made old world relevent again with warfronts - hahaha, no. just a flat out no. They did nothing of the sort. Jesus what a joke.
    9. mythic plus rework with the new seasonal affixes - nothing new here - just another iteration of the same system
    10. pvp weekies+ "vendor" - literally nothing new here.
    those are what i can think of right now.
    Clutching at straws. Terrible examples of "new" things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    People always complain about something. But when most complaints are about the mindnumbing classes and gameplay, you know the game is in shit state. I don't recall there being so many complaints about the class gameplay in MOP and before (outside of "my class is UP / their class is OP" on damage meterz and PVP)
    This. The community is never really united in any of their complaints about the game. This is one example where the feedback is almost unanimous.

I will say it again - it doesnt matter how flash they make the racetrack, how many twists and turns and how stunning the setting is if the Car we are driving is not fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Clutching at straws. Terrible examples of "new" things
    1. Warfronts are just a glorified Scenario equivalent to LFR difficulty.
    2. Not new content. It's new races which we've had since TBC.
    3. Been done by other games before.
    4. Already existed in Legion a bit.
    5. Glorified Scenarios.
    6. Literally a worse version of artifacts.
    7. Confused too. Titanforging is garbage and part of the RNG problem.
    8. No it didn't.
    9. Literally just what Diablo does each season.
    10. Had vendors since TBC and even Vanilla. Weekly conquest cap has been a thing forever.

So yeah the posters grasping at straws which is expected of them.