Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The perfect Vacation...

What would be the perfect Vacation?
    For me a 2 week vacation to Fiji nobody around. Just me a hammock, the shade with, ice cold orange juice and only the sounds of the silence.

Runner up:

I was considering one of those Star Trek Cruises.

What’s the best vacation you ever taken so far and what did you do?

Went to San Diego 5 days got to surf. Try some great sea food got to go to a convention. Which left me thinking why not do a BlizzCon one of these days.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Some place far away where I'm not bothered by anything work related for about a month. No laptop, work phone, access to work email, etc. A balcony overlooking the beach with a short walk down to the beach would be nice (also lots of good seafood places around).

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Some place far away where I'm not bothered by anything work related for about a month. No laptop, work phone, access to work email, etc. A balcony overlooking the beach with a short walk down to the beach would be nice (also lots of good seafood places around).
    I hear that, I would probably still bring my shield k1 tablet for emulation on the beach in the evenings but something very similar. I grew up on the beaches every summer and it is something I would never trade.

I'd like to go to one of of tropical resorts that build super private huts on shallow sea that look out on the sea and nothing else. I'd order room service every day and not leave that hut for a week or so.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    My favorite vacations are when I get to stay home and do fuck all. I can play video games, art till I drop, hang out with friends, etc.

However, I'm trying to save all my excess money so that in ~30 years from now I can retire and travel the USA painting landscapes, places, people, whatever catches my muse.
    I've been thinking about doing this. I usually go on family vacations (mom and dad, brother, sister, nieces, nephews, pretty much everyone goes somewhere for a week), but I haven't been able to do that in a couple of years. I have considered the "just take a week and dick around at the house for a week" option. I think the biggest problem with that is if people from work found out I was home, there would be "AWW CMON MAN JUST COME IN AND HELP WITH THIS ONE JOB YOU'RE ONLY LIKE 10 MINUTES UP THE ROAD FROM US" and it wouldn't be a real vacation.

Oahu Hawaii this time of years, so you can call your friends from the beach and show them pics of yourself in swim trunks, laying on the beach, getting some sun.

And enough money to enjoy it all.

I would like to bike across Canada. I have lived here for many years and to my shame I have nevre really left the Toronto area besides a few trips to other cities nearby. Just start at the Atlantic with a good bicycle and go all the way to the Pacific would force you to see it all and meet people who are radically different from the ones around where I live.

...and after that I would probably need one of those all inclusive places where you have issues remembering what country you are in while you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    There is no perfect vacation.
    Oh come on, be more imaginative. What would your ideal vacation look like?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The one I been on now for a long time. Retirement.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to spend a year on an Antarctic research station. Not as a vacation though, but to do some useful job/research while there. Antarctica is such a fascinating world to me and I've dreamed about going there like forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

A perfect vacation would be to spend my time not just at one place but travel here and there. I would love to travel inside the US a bit. Maybe starting at the east coast and then slowly travel from city to city going wherever I want.

My best "vacation" was probably my first time in Seoul, Korea a few years back. I was there for ~2months and it was my first time in such a big city. On top of that I really like Korea and the people there. It just was a big and fun adventure. I still enjoy going there every year very much.
    Apart from that I really enjoyed my first trip to the US, which was to Las Vegas and one day we went to the grand canyon and it was really impressive.

Some were with good food, friends, and relaxing views.

I'd love to just have a motorcycle and travel Europe in the summer, spending a few days in each big city. Museums and sights by day, bars, clubs, and eateries by night.

Also, I'm planning to take my Challenger on a cross-country road-trip, east coast and back, taking route 66 either heading east or coming back. Just the open road, my car, little dive motels and diners, roadhouses. Just see the United States outside of the flashy, over-produced coastal cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with no children within 100m radius will do
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'd love to just have a motorcycle and travel Europe in the summer, spending a few days in each big city. Museums and sights by day, bars, clubs, and eateries by night.

Also, I'm planning to take my Challenger on a cross-country road-trip, east coast and back, taking route 66 either heading east or coming back. Just the open road, my car, little dive motels and diners, roadhouses. Just see the United States outside of the flashy, over-produced coastal cities.
    I recommend trying the routes around northern italy. There are a few stunningly beautiful roads leading up to the alps.

I travel a lot (used to travel more as a kid with my family, but still travel alone). Been to 31 different coubtries. My next planned trips in no specific order

Backpack through Iran and Lebanon

Backpack through Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistán)

Take the Trans-Siberian express. Go from Moscow to Beijing, stopping at Lake Baikal and the Gobi Desert in Mongolia. Then probably push into China and then go to the Harbin ice festival and Tibet (this is the one I've planned the most)

Myself, a lot of alcohol and a lot of good books/movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Anything I don't have to come back from.

Ideal
    Back to Lucern Switzerland for a few weeks with my girl

best:
    tour of Europe was fun in HS, or some fun times at blizzcons over the years. I don't think I've had a super stand out vaca.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Probably a tropical cruise on a huge boat but instead of 5000 ppl, its just me, my fiance, and a few close friends and family scattered around the ship. Wed stop at each of the islands and have private events closed to the public. Also drugs and alcohol lol. Free massages.