Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why are people so obsess with active sub numbers?
    Because that is what they want to point to to prove that Wow is dying. OF course, when it comes to money making, sub numbers are far from the only source these days, so they have to ignore the rest otherwise their argument is completely killed..

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    That list is complete bullshit since Blizzard doesn't fucking give out any Sub-Numbers.
    This... i had TO AGREE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Your asshole is so raw from taking Activision's cock so deep. I'mma pray for you baby :c

PS: WoW is dead/dying, get over it.
    I gotta admit, for a game that is dying, it's so funny that you can't point to one statistic that shows that, other than made up/assumptions. Even though they're adding 20% more devs, and on a solid release schedule, steady flow of content etc, you have nothing but the shit you make up.

People like you have been saying wow is dying since bc. It's not happening, go elsewhere.

Sad and desperate. At least head space is rent free!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I gotta admit, for a game that is dying, it's so funny that you can't point to one statistic that shows that, other than made up/assumptions. Even though they're adding 20% more devs, and on a solid release schedule, steady flow of content etc, you have nothing but the shit you make up.

People like you have been saying wow is dying since bc. It's not happening, go elsewhere.

Sad and desperate. At least head space is rent free!
    Yeah let's leave out the fact they had to fire 800 people lmao.

You're just a little cock puppet, that's all ^.-

Whales>normal customers

As long as they keep the whales they can't care less if the rest of us leave.

If it's doing so well how about brining back actual gamemasters and ditching the call center copypasta'ers that are genuinely worthless.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We already knew it met or exceeded expectations for sales and performance thanks to the sub calls. Doomsayers just like to grasp at straws.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account

That's the company overall, not wow.

They're growing the team by 20%, and record profits.

So... your point?

Obviously. Everyone left playing has bought at least one Allied race change. That alone makes up for all the people who have unsubbed, and if you don't believe me I'm happy to show the screenshot of my account.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Ranked for the month of Jan 2019, um...bullshit? How would they even get these figures, Blizzard only knows the Jan 2019 numbers. That list is pure bullshit.

If WoW was doing so damn well, why the need to push sharding and crz in every fucking zone. Last time i played in Nov 2018 it was every fucking zones was crz and sharding.

Edit:
    Just looking over the superdata website, unless i missed something they don't share how they get their data from. They don't list their sources or anything. That list is the biggest bullshit out, i highly doubt they have access to all these companies financial reports for the month in question.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2019-02-28 at 02:01 AM.

Of course it's still making money, only idiots would think otherwise, especially when BfA literally broke records on sales.

We don't know sub numbers however, and no external source claiming to have them neither. All I can go by is anecdotal evidence and the game is just as lively now as it was during launch on my servers.

Sucks for the crowd so desperate for the game to fail, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Get Blizzard's dick out of your mouth. Activision just slashed 800 jobs from them despite "record profits." I'll tell you why. It's because Blizzard wasn't making enough money to justify many of their extraneous positions, like CMs. The reach for more profit never ends and Blizzard was doing that all this time since WoW's inception.

You can deep throat these numbers all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that WoW was making more money during Legion.
    Not true at all infact not all of them got lay off from WoW plus they did it to get more help making there games thats it they got rid of dead weight people aka useless people they want more money simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    What are you talking about? Sub numbers didn't even report total revenue. That was never the best metric for how well a game is doing financially.
    very true game could have 100k players but if those players used services ingame shop and Wow tokens that money would over shadow the sub fees easyly.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-02-28 at 02:15 AM.

That was the whole company, not just Blizzard and especially not WoW team.

And honestly, I could care less about some forum moderators or trannypolice, because those were the kind of jobs that were laid off, the dev team was increased from what they said.

I mean, it makes for what seems to be a great argument, but it's just something that would work on youtube or 4channel, not on a website that has people at least somewhat invested into the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Obviously. Everyone left playing has bought at least one Allied race change. That alone makes up for all the people who have unsubbed, and if you don't believe me I'm happy to show the screenshot of my account.
    I would love to see a screenshot and great post.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The company lay people off even it "only" made billions of dollars.
    It is just never enough.
    Revenue may have been up, profits where down. How do you not get that revenue - expense = profit. Profit is what matters to share holders, not revenue.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Yikes this thread just shows nobody reads anything lol.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

fun how some people in this thread glad that shit game is doing fine and still selling

you'd better feel sorry about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why are people so obsess with active sub numbers?
    Is it not a valid metric for considering the health of the game?

If the game loses half its players, but the remaining ones pay three times their sub costs via micro-transactions then yeah the game will look more profitable, but is it really a good sign for the future of the game?

Well of course, placid sheep will always outnumber informed consumers.

Honestly, it is really hard to assume numbers, now that you can buy sub time with gold, and a lot of people do, numbers will never be as high as they once were.