Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

More Portals being removed in 8.1.5

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290485/...in-patch-8-1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Wowhead
    Portals Removed
    With these additions some other portals throughout the game have been removed. While we've had no official justification, the intent appears to be standardizing teleportation by having all roads lead to and from one central location, rather than having some portals in Stormwind's Mage Quarter, Docks, and Keep all at the same time. The result is that teleporting to your capital city can quickly take you to most other major areas in the game without traveling across the city to get to one portal or another, and players have easier access to areas such as Shattrath and Northrend Dalaran, but those hubs have also become less useful, and specific areas such as Karazhan and the Caverns of Time have had teleportation access removed entirely.

The Cataclysm portals are still located at the Eastern/Western Earthshrine in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, likely due to the areas' thematic design and being used for various Cataclysm quests.

Keep in mind, this isn't the first time that portals have been removed from former major hubs. Both Northrend Dalaran and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms used to contain portals to every major city, but were reduced some time after the end of their respective expansions. Each of the areas listed below now only contain a portal back to Stormwind/Orgrimmar, while their other portals have been removed. Ashran, Boralus, and Dazar'alor have not been changed.

Dalaran (Legion)

Ironforge/Thunder Bluff
    Darnassus/Undercity
    Caverns of Time
    Dalaran Crater
    Karazhan
    The Exodar/Silvermoon City
    Shattrath
    Wyrmrest Temple
    Vale of the Eternal Blossoms

Shrine of the Seven Stars/Two Moons

Shattrath
    Dalaran (Northrend)

Dalaran (Northrend)

Caverns of Time

Stormwind/Orgrimmar

Hellfire Peninsula
    Portals are being added too. Please read the linked page.

Stormwind will be getting:

Exodar
    Shattrath
    Dalaran (Northrend)
    Jade Forest, which was removed previously
    Ashran, which is being moved to the Mage Quarter
    Azsuna
    Boralus, slightly moved
    Last edited by SlashRandom; 2019-03-01 at 08:15 PM.

If they're gutting Dalaran (again) can we at least get a Stormwind Hearthstone? I realize we have the guild cloaks but I want something to replace my dalaran hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Thank you, Blizzard, for proving that you're so out of touch.

There is really no reason to do this other than just trying to annoy players by making it more tedious.

Edit: Guys, do yourself a favor and read the article, not just the quoted post. They're adding portals too, but overall it's a net loss.
    Last edited by Lime; 2019-03-01 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they're gutting Dalaran (again) can we at least get a Stormwind Hearthstone? I realize we have the guild cloaks but I want something to replace my dalaran hearthstone.
    There is going to be Stormwind portal in Dalaran. They are just removing the other portals. The only portals that are not going to be available anywhere are Blasted lands and Caverns of time. All the other portals are still in there some way. Big bonus is Shattrah and Dalaran (northrend) portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Why completely remove COS and Kara? Just WHY?

Moronic devs.... Just go and play farm-tycoon already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Nobody asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Thank you, Blizzard, for proving that you're so out of touch.

There is really no reason to do this other than just trying to annoy players by making it more tedious.
    Yeah except they are literally putting all Pandaria portals to Stormwind/Ogrimmar.

I like this change...

*run away*

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why they do this. There's no benefit to removing portals. "Oh you guys are getting to areas too easily, we want you to spend more time traveling"
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yeah except they are literally putting all Pandaria portals to Stormwind/Ogrimmar.
    I see that part was omitted from the post.

Still, it sucks that we're losing CoT, Kara, and Ancient Dal ports.

Yeah, removing the Dalaran portals is a real bummer. In particular, the MoP portal in capital cities doesn't go to your faction's shrine, it goes to your town in Jade Forest, which is annoying. I portal to the shrine all the time.

Also we lose the Caverns of Time and Dalaran crater portals, both of which were useful. I think the CoT portal in Northrend Dalaran might still be there though.

Edit: And Karazhan, yeah. Didn't use that one too often but it's still a bummer. And for what purpose? Who knows. Now the portal room in Legion Dalaran will just be totally empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I think the CoT portal in Northrend Dalaran might still be there though.
    Not according to the article. Look under Dalaran (Northrend) for the removed portal.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I just don't understand why they do this. There's no benefit to removing portals. "Oh you guys are getting to areas too easily, we want you to spend more time traveling"
    I would like to get some gold for opening portals for people.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Can we remove the moron dev who thinks this is a good idea?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Not according to the article. Look under Dalaran (Northrend) for the removed portal.
    They removed Dalaran (northrend) from Pandaria but its in the capital city now. There is that "portals added section".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    They removed Dalaran (northrend) from Pandaria but its in the capital city now. There is that "portals added section".
    We're referring to the CoT portal that was in Northrend Dal. Not the Nortrend Dal portal itself.

Adding portal rooms is a great idea. Love it, although getting to the Alliance one is annoying as hell.

Real question is this: Why must every change that adds to the game have to remove something else? It's seriously disheartening.

Not to imply that this is a huge deal, it'll happen and we'll move on. But real talk, it's still a bummer.

I think the solution is obvious... remove mages from the game! If their class flavor is the problem, we shall drown out that flavor with salt from our tears on the forums!

I'm just happy I'm a druid, until Blizz decides to remove my ability to port around.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there still a portal to caverns in time in shattrath?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They clearly want to redirect all traffic through Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Either there is some technical reason or they just want portal room to become bigger social hub and not split people between Dalaran/Pandaria/capitals/BfA.

Instead of pointless whining I suggest shift your effort to pointing out exactly which portal we may miss in this transition from multiple to single hub.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, these portals are MIA right now, unless I missed something:

Deadwind Pass (Previously in Legion Dal)
    Caverns of Time (Previously in Northrend and Legion Dal)
    Hillsbrad Foothills (Previously in Legion Dal)
    Shrine (Previously in Legion Dal) They did re-add Jade Forest, though.