Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    "You people are bitching about Cheesecake Factory discontinuing the one type of cheesecake you like. There are like so many other flavors. You should just eat them and like it!"
    the flavor is all the same. a portal/hearth to where you need to be. take out the portal to org you like, there are still items that get you to org. take out portals to shrattrah there are still items that get you to shattrath. take out portals to old dal, there are still items that take you to old dal. try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Yeah because BM needs buffs...
    yeah they do, what game you playing. they are bottom dps with the top doing 25% more dps. if you see BM hunters tearing it up over the other classes, well then those other classes are being played by shit players.

I really call that bs. What kind of people "hate" the portals to begin with? Nothing in the game FORCES you to even use them. At the very least they could be there for us more experienced players because we've been around the world more than once. We appreciate the portals. Now you're removing some of them... It's just so scary that instead of actually working on improving this awful expansion you find ways to ruin it even more? Hat off for that achievement.

This is like saying that people are tired of demon hunters so we're removing them to make the game a better experience. I'm sure some of you would defend that to the last breath, that's the kind of "community" wow is these days. Most of you just love to hate on everyone else and are lapdogs to any blue text that appears on the forum, even if it means them ruining the game in the process.
    Last edited by huldu; 2019-03-07 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    fractured necrolyte skull purchased with timewalking tokens bc vendor. your bitching about grinding (time) to get items in an MMO? patch 7.2.5 750 tokens is what it costs
    Okay, guess that was introduced with late legion.
    No, I'm bitching about ever more grinding time. Get the difference?

I totally get why they did the portal room, but I totally don't get why they didn't add the same portals that were already in the game.

But the "make the world bigger" is getting old. Go play Final Fantasy, the world still feel huge even with the Aetheryte system.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So again are portals your favourite thing in wow? Is all you do jump in and out of portals all day because it’s The only thing you enjoy about wow?
    So again, you fail to have any compelling response to a complaint you cannot comprehend.

Yes. That's exactly what I do all day. I just jump in and out of portals, doing nothing else at all on either side of the portal. Let me rephrase the question for you:

"Is all you do waste your time with pointless travel all day? The only thing you enjoy about WoW is spending twenty minutes of your day flying from one place to another?" Perhaps you should just buy a flight simulator instead of WoW.

I'm not a vegan. I don't particularly like vegans. However, I can empathize with their annoyance at a restaurant removing the one or two possibly poorly-selling vegan-friendly items from the menu.

Like it or not, there are people whose entire reason for remaining subscribed is to do older content that was greatly improved by access to those portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You have to be the pettiest person ever if removing a portal is what gets you to unsub. And really removing portals effects classes and bugs now?
    Removing portals increases how long it takes to do weekly mount farms since they are spread out across the world yeah if they make it even more painful to do them I can absolutely see people saying screw this I'll go play a game the devs aren't actively trying to make doing stuff more annoying in such as ffxiv

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Okay, guess that was introduced with late legion.
    No, I'm bitching about ever more grinding time. Get the difference?
    its an MMO. also know as a game that takes grinding to accomplish shit.

For low price of $14.99 get a portal to where ever you want in Azeroth, coming to the in game shop soon!

the flavor is all the same. a portal/hearth to where you need to be. take out the portal to org you like, there are still items that get you to org. take out portals to shrattrah there are still items that get you to shattrath. take out portals to old dal, there are still items that take you to old dal. try again.
    Your lunch break is one hour. You can stand in line for 15 minutes, or you can stand in line for 30 minutes. It's just time. Why do you care about something taking longer?

Also, Dalaran Crater is not what you think it is. It's near Undercity. Alliance has no quick way to the area where the Valentine's Day dailies are when they remove the Legion Dalaran portals to Dalaran Crater. When you're going to make an argument, please try to understand the subject matter.

"You have to be the pettiest person ever if removing your favorite item from the menu at a restaurant is what gets you to stop eating there."
    How is your favourite dish on par with a feature? It would be more along the lines of choosing not to eat at a place anymore because they changed the salad bar to a pre-made salad.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

its an MMO. also know as a game that takes grinding to accomplish shit.
    It's an MMO. Also known as a game where people are known to quit when previously convenient and fun things are turned into annoying grinds.

True. But you need to work for those. Invest time into questlines and farming that you may not like. So in other words: There still is the cake you like best...you just need to pay twice as much for it. It's the same cake, by the same company...and they increase the price with the words: "But now you will like it even mooooore. Because...well...you will have to do more boring work for it. Enjoy!".

I just don't think that any player likes travelling time and I don't think that it's the solo portal thing that makes a change to community or how people see the WoW-world.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    How is your favourite dish on par with a feature? It would be more along the lines of choosing not to eat at a place anymore because they changed the salad bar to a pre-made salad.
    Wait... You're saying you think people would not stop eating at a place that used to let them craft their own salad, but replaced it with pre-packaged garbage?

I made an earlier post about being willing to wait in line for 10 to 15 minutes at lunch, but not 20 minutes that gave some BS about my post not showing up until a moderator approves it.

So, that's a better analogy. These portals are all about time. The time is mostly about older content. When the current content is not enjoyable, we used to have old content to fall back on. Now, Blizzard is progressively making that old content less and less appealing. That's a pretty bold strategy with the state of Blizzard at the moment. Let's see if it pays off for them.
    Last edited by DerpyMcDerp; 2019-03-07 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles* Agreed that was bad.
    It's not like that anymore in newer content.

In General I like SEs no BS stance when it comes to travel. You can fly from day 1 and there are teleport pylons in every zone.
    I certainly spent a lot less time on travel in XIV compared to WoW, where 30% of my gametime was tabbed out travel when doing my daily rounds.
    Another + of XIV is that they don't pester you with dumb trash mobs every 5 seconds.
    IMO as a result there isn't much "world feeling" either, zones feel more like questing decorations. Flying also changed zone design, HW and StB ones feel less detailed, especially Ala Mhigo (second and third) and Dravanian Hinterlands/Azys Lla.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like I said in the other thread, this change serves no purpose other than tediousness if you don't give us reasons to actually interact with the world.

Let's use CoT. How does me flying over Tanaris benefit anyone, myself included? How does wasting an additional minute, as small as that may be, benefit anyone?

The world feels small not because of portals, but because almost every piece of endgame content is instanced. And I don't see them changing a core aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Riot all you want. I get the feeling the whales are all this game needs to keep investors happy. Sadly.
    You mean the whales who like to collect old mounts that this change directly makes that more annoying :P

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    For low price of $14.99 get a portal to where ever you want in Azeroth, coming to the in game shop soon!
    Seriously, it won't shock me anymore if we will soon see a vendor mount for 8million gold that has a portal mage on it. Or we see a shop pet that can port you when talking to it. It just would fit to Blizzards behaviour as of late. It will need 6 months to a year tho...the dust has to settle first. Similar to how they now plan on reintroducing adventures to Hearthstone(after cutting those 2 years ago they come back...for like 3 times the price compared to rewards).

It's an MMO. Also known as a game where people are known to quit when previously convenient and fun things are turned into annoying grinds.
    wouldn't be an annoying grind if you grinded it when it was current and got the items to make current content more convenient. sorry you started late in the game. sucks to be you. sorry you are not good enough to sell runs and get an unlimited amount of gold to purchase some of these cheap items from vendors. funny how you find it annoying to grind in an MMO. what is so "fun" about taking a portal? convenient yes, necessary no. you want convenience to grind mounts or pets but don't want to grind to make grinding easier. hilarious.

I'm going to take a leap and say that all of the weenies whining about the portal change Won't be playing classic.

Some players are way too used to having things handed to them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    True. But you need to work for those. Invest time into questlines and farming that you may not like. So in other words: There still is the cake you like best...you just need to pay twice as much for it. It's the same cake, by the same company...and they increase the price with the words: "But now you will like it even mooooore. Because...well...you will have to do more boring work for it. Enjoy!".

I just don't think that any player likes travelling time and I don't think that it's the solo portal thing that makes a change to community or how people see the WoW-world.
    if you grinded these items when current they werent a grind to get at all. bitching about grinding to make grinding easier. priceless.