Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    wouldn't be an annoying grind if you grinded it when it was current and got the items to make current content more convenient. sorry you started late in the game. sucks to be you. sorry you are not good enough to sell runs and get an unlimited amount of gold to purchase some of these cheap items from vendors. funny how you find it annoying to grind in an MMO. what is so "fun" about taking a portal? convenient yes, necessary no. you want convenience to grind mounts or pets but don't want to grind to make grinding easier. hilarious.
    "Sorry you don't want to play this game today. You should have played it a long time ago when it was fun."

Awesome business plan. You should apply for a job at Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

if you grinded these items when current they werent a grind to get at all. bitching about grinding to make grinding easier. priceless.
    "If you played our game back when it was fun, you would have had a lot of fun. We don't want any new customers to start playing this game and have any fun because they should have had their fun years ago. They missed their chance."

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    "Sorry you don't want to play this game today. You should have played it a long time ago when it was fun."

not having a portal is no reason to not want to play. nice troll account by the way. I see you get banned often by your try hard mentality. wod baby or legion baby?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"If you played our game back when it was fun, you would have had a lot of fun. We don't want any new customers to start playing this game and have any fun because they should have had their fun years ago. They missed their chance."
    what chance did you miss? go grind the item...… if you have a problem grinding in an mmo then quit.

then quit.
    I'm not saying you're dumb. I'm just saying your posts are dumb.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Removing portals increases how long it takes to do weekly mount farms since they are spread out across the world yeah if they make it even more painful to do them I can absolutely see people saying screw this I'll go play a game the devs aren't actively trying to make doing stuff more annoying in such as ffxiv
    So people care enough to farm for mounts every week but add on a minute to the time it takes to get there and the to much? If ffxiv has the content thoses people wanted why are they farming mounts in the first place and not just playing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It's like I said in the other thread, this change serves no purpose other than tediousness if you don't give us reasons to actually interact with the world.

Let's use CoT. How does me flying over Tanaris benefit anyone, myself included? How does wasting an additional minute, as small as that may be, benefit anyone?

The world feels small not because of portals, but because almost every piece of endgame content is instanced. And I don't see them changing a core aspect.
    Gets them more active time sadly that's their primary metric at the moment.

Or you could have had a mage channleing a portal you interacte with - What major Horde/Alliance city you travling to today hero, Expansion portal - Hello again hero, what advaneture are you heading off to today - Firelands, Mist, Icecrown... and allows you to clear up the clutter and make the game more interactable... OMG what an idea lol. 1 portal, muli points. There is options out there instead of the chopping block like everything else is becoming in the Blizzard Franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I'm going to take a leap and say that all of the weenies whining about the portal change Won't be playing classic.

Some players are way too used to having things handed to them now.
    I would never play Classic because they won't have all the portals to all the places that didn't exist in Classic for me to farm all the things that didn't exist in Classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So people care enough to farm for mounts every week but add on a minute to the time it takes to get there and the to much? If ffxiv has the content thoses people wanted why are they farming mounts in the first place and not just playing it?
    FFXIV is fun but there is this thing called a sunk cost people have been playing wow for over a decade getting them to swap is hard especially since wow still has better raid design and slightly better combat even if the gcd idiocy still sucks. The biggest issue though is sunk cost it's the same reason HoTS failed despite being imo a better game than league people had spent so much time and money on league.

Also removing portals clusters even more people in a small area part of the reason I used to use my dal hearth constantly is the portal room there had zero lag where it definitely can on high pop realms in bfa content.

I'm not saying you're dumb. I'm just saying your posts are dumb.
    let me fix this for you "if you have a problem grinding in an mmo then quit. " its a fucking mmo. a game of grinding and community. its not the government handing you everything. you toxic people are the reason why the game isn't a grind and the community is shit. better not play vanilla. you'll lose your mind. must be to hard to grind faceroll old content to get these garunteed items.

It's more than a minute. Flight from Uldum to CoT takes two and a half minutes. Flights to other places are also a couple minutes. That adds up, especially for people with very limited time to play.

How many minutes would you really be willing to stand in line on your lunch break? You don't have to reply, but I'm just asking you to really think about it tomorrow. It matters.

- - - Updated - - -

let me fix this for you "if you have a problem grinding in an mmo then quit. " its a fucking mmo. a game of grinding and community. its not the government handing you everything. you toxic people are the reason why the game isn't a grind and the community is shit. better not play vanilla. you'll lose your mind.
    let me fix this for you "if you have a problem with people posting about a change that's making them want to quit, then telling them to quit isn't a compelling argument."

Stop making dumb posts.

It's more than a minute. Flight from Uldum to CoT takes two and a half minutes. Flights to other places are also a couple minutes. That adds up, especially for people with very limited time to play.

How many minutes would you really be willing to stand in line on your lunch break? You don't have to reply, but I'm just asking you to really think about it tomorrow. It matters.

- - - Updated - - -

let me fix this for you "if you have a problem with people posting about a change that's making them want to quit, then telling them to quit isn't a compelling argument."

Stop making dumb posts.
    if you are quiting over portals being taken away then bye. imma go out on a limb here and guess you were the kid who threw temper tantrums when your mom took your candy away for acting 5 years younger than your age.

It's just one of those changes like the camera distance change. Something that nobody asked for, nobody enjoyed, but they are hellbent on doing. Because reasons. No, what they said above I don't find reasonable.

Because in the past the world was considerably smaller, there were fewer places to go. In fact. I in my opinion THIS change will make the world smaller, because people will probably abandon places that are not easy to get to. Basically what they are saying is: we are doing this because this is how we always did it. Removing the portal to CoT? Are you freaking kidding me? It has been there since Wrath...

I find it funny how they refer to "rules" and traditions only when it's convenient for them... . If I'm being cynical I'd say they are doing this for one reason: to create drama. Reminds me of WoD and the flying drama. They knew they had nothing to offer and everything they did offer was shit. So they created negative publicity to keep players talking - because the negative will stick longer with people than
    the positive.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV is fun but there is this thing called a sunk cost people have been playing wow for over a decade getting them to swap is hard especially since wow still has better raid design and slightly better combat even if the gcd idiocy still sucks. The biggest issue though is sunk cost it's the same reason HoTS failed despite being imo a better game than league people had spent so much time and money on league.

Also removing portals clusters even more people in a small area part of the reason I used to use my dal hearth constantly is the portal room there had zero lag where it definitely can on high pop realms in bfa content.
    As you said wow has better aspects then ffxiv thoses things are not changed by this if you are enjoying the content of the game and you unsub because of such a minor change it’s nothing but being petty for the sake of it.

if you are quiting over portals being taken away then bye. imma go out on a limb here and guess you were the kid who threw temper tantrums when your mom took your candy away for acting 5 years younger than your age.
    No one quits over just portals, quit being obtuse, ever heard of the phrase "straw that broke the camels back"? All the little shit adds up eventually. While none of it alone would make someone quit, when you take it all together it just becomes too much. Removal of ML, removal of abilities, titanforging, the uselessness of AP, the poor traits from Azerite, the arguably worse M+ design compared to legion, removing portals, etc etc, eventually somethings gotta give.

7+ Year Old Account

If you have a problem putting time into an mmo you Proabbly shouldn’t be playing an mmo.

I also go out of my way to get food I enjoy even though it takes longer because eating garbage faster is worse then spending extra time for something good.

imma go out on a limb here and guess you either don't have a job at all or don't have a customer-facing job, since you seem to act like you're still a child.

As you said wow has better aspects then ffxiv thoses things are not changed by this if you are enjoying the content of the game and you unsub because of such a minor change it’s nothing but being petty for the sake of it.
    The only aspects wow has better is high end raiding and that's largely because I prefer larger raids if ffxiv had 24 man actual hard raids I would be so damn happy. The combat at this point is pretty damn equal outside of fury warrior and maybe a few others that have some actual speed. The frost dk apm is something like 30 it's actually pathetic and lower than ffxiv classes.

If you have a problem putting time into an mmo you Proabbly shouldn’t be playing an mmo.

I also go out of my way to get food I enjoy even though it takes longer because eating garbage faster is worse then spending extra time for something good.
    That's exactly what we are saying too. We're looking for something good. Eating garbage here was tolerable because it was fast. Now, it's not even fast anymore.

Wow is literally designed to be the casual mmo it has been since the beginning of the game something people like you and Ian keep forgetting.
    Last edited by Xath; 2019-03-07 at 06:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow is literally designed to be the casual mmo it has been since the beginning of time something people like you and Ian keep forgetting.
    Being the casual mmo never ment it was something you can put extremely little time into wow has litteraly never been that other then wod. If you can’t invest time into it wow isn’t for you and has never been for you, less hard core then other mmos doesn’t mean no time investment.