Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Female water elementals from Warcraft 1!

Seriously when are blizz gonna make a model for female water elementals, I could see mages preferring that over the one they have right now

Possible Azshara or some avatar of N'zoth since he can talk with a girlish voice and create a fish avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

She's either a Kraken, as all her statues and the Shrine of the Storm suggest, or just a water spirit that isn't actually an entity. I hope it isn't Azshara, because that would make her the most incompetent villain in a long while. Actively giving power to Brother Pike as he undoes all of her plans in Stormsong Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Seriously when are blizz gonna make a model for female water elementals, I could see mages preferring that over the one they have right now
    are you implying that water elementals have genders? and here i thought they were gender neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    They could have identified as female when Kul Tiras was first founded. Gender is FLUID. NYUK NYUK NYUK. I'm obviously just kidding :P
    mmmm..you could be on to something!! Maybe Neptulon was having one of *those* days and decided to dress like a woman...he was caught by some humans, thus calling him *Tidemother*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Hey, sexy pets is warlock class identity, you can't steal that from us. My Voidwalker is the hot pet.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's kinda how I thought of it.
    Ye just something to believe in. Like relegion..
    I mean we have elune believers out there who is also not perse an actual person or being( nothing confirmed atleast)

- - - Updated - - -

Not a chance.. they are gender neutral and it fits perfectly in this time we live it.

Excuse me, They pronoun is they. Don't be disrespectful to the tidemother.
    All hail jebus...er the tidemother!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Hey, sexy pets is warlock class identity, you can't steal that from us. My Voidwalker is the hot pet.
    like most locks...i get turned on by my succubus pet. ~
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    what began as an entity that they worshipped , i 'm pretty sure Azshara assumed the role (behind the curtain, in a way ) and began to corrupt them thru the guise of being the Tide mother

almost 100 % it is Azshara
    Not a weird though tho, making the men and woman of kil tiras believe.. but in the end its winning souls for azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I really like Helya as a theory the more that I think about it. With her Kvaldir she's got an obvious connection to the ocean-heck, look at Maw of Souls, where the entire fight is on a boat.

I really like this theory too. Its also consistent with the quests in Stormsong where we literally release spirits on the shore to walk out to sea--their ultimate destination could be to see her for judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Not a weird though tho, making the men and woman of kil tiras believe.. but in the end its winning souls for azshara.
    Azshara doesn't need souls.

She needs live followers willing to die for her. The entire naga society is built around the cult of personality that is Azshara. These are High Elves of such devotion that rather than seeing themselves transformed into monsters by an act of the queen, but are thankful and have pledged that life to any horrible act the queen commands them to.

Basically Sylvanas is an amateur.

What I'm getting at is Azshara is low hanging fruit, but if she were the actual Tidemother there would be no Naga friction, no need for the church to be infiltrated, no reason to send sea monsters to attack Kul'Tiras even.

The tidemother just being a name for a semi-nebulous force or object of belief is the most plausible answer of course, but it's pretty boring and takes away from what could be a really cool story about Helya having a duality in nature. Where part of her is still the noble gatekeeper to the shadowlands and sealer of the elements, just as another part of her is angry vengeance for her life being taken away.

Also remember this, the Naga are attacking Kul'Tiras, but I don't think I've seen a single Kvaldir.

Proof of favoritism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Azshara, an image/avatar of an old God, or another powerful elemental that isn't Neptulon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Azshara, obviously. Lord Stormsong is seen communicating with her directly in the Shrine of the Storm dungeon.

If there is an actual Tidemother (that is, if it's not just a metaphor) then it's most likely Elune. The goddess of the Moon. Which is what creates Tides.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Anyway let's read the Legends of the Tidesages:

The Tidemother is either Azshara or N'zoth, whispering to Stormsong. We know that there was always darkness within the whispers by brother Pike, it just became more pronounced recently. I personally think it was N'zoth and Azshara was just his emissary to Stormsong.
    Look at the pearl you have to " deactivate " during the Stormsong Campaign.

" Tidemother's Pride "
    " Tidemother's Wrath"
    " Tidemother's Radiance"

Conveniently we have seen :

" Pride of Azshara "
    " Wrath of Azshara "
    in before " Radiance of Azshara " soon

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=51320/sealed-fate

So, Tidemother is Azshara, since she loves to be revered and having cult around her, that makes sense for her to lure the Kul Tiran in a reverence state, she then was more " demanding" as time was passing and as nzoth plans began ton unfold, culminating to this. .

/thread
    Last edited by Engal; 2019-03-07 at 10:38 AM.

i thinks it's an imp mother with tentacles ^^ cuz blizz somehow needs to reuse these legion assets ^^

I don't want to just assume it's Azshara but... It's probably Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I don't want to just assume it's Azshara but... It's probably Azshara.
    The Tidesages and the Tidemother seem more beneficent than what Azshara is like - I mean, we basically see what Azshara does to the Tidesage organization in BfA, so presumably the original Tidemother was not quite like her. I am thinking this Tidemother is kind of like the Tauren's Earthmother, not really an entity per se but more an amalgam of ideas and notions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Something DID whisper to the first Lord Stormsong though. Azshara could have intentionally deceived them by appearing as benevolent as she could early on, only changing tone when it was time to advance her plans.
    Possibly, possibly not. The Tauren also have people who claim to commune with the Earthmother, though we've never seen any evidence that she's real (as a distinct entity in any case). There are any number of beings the first Lord Stormsong could've been communing with - perhaps it was the Elements themselves, and he misunderstood and claimed them to be a distinct entity. Perhaps he touched the mind of Neptulon, or maybe it was N'Zoth or Azshara. Either way, the title of "Tidemother" seems more transitory than distinct.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the most interesting prospect would be for both the Tidemother and the Earthmother to be Azeroth herself and the Tauren and Kul Tirans simply catching glimpses of her dreams. And then Azshara maybe started deceiving the tidepriests some time in the past.
    For the Earthmother I think that might actually be likely - and then the Old Gods started speaking on "her" behalf during the time when the Tauren said they heard the dark whispers from the earth. The Tidemother might be a similar thing as well - Stormsong having touched the consciousness of the World-Soul at some point, and then Azshara taking over the mic recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    For the Earthmother I think that might actually be likely - and then the Old Gods started speaking on "her" behalf during the time when the Tauren said they heard the dark whispers from the earth. The Tidemother might be a similar thing as well - Stormsong having touched the consciousness of the World-Soul at some point, and then Azshara taking over the mic recently.
    If Azeroth was talking to the tidesages at one point, I doubt she'd be talking now. She just got stabbed so she'd be unavailable for the moment.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi