Any progress made in the last three or so months?

A friend told me that the Zandalari and fat humans are finally being released next week. Admittedly this has peaked my interest. I quit around the beginning of December after decidedly getting frustrated with the state of shadow, the disappointment of Warfronts, Islands, and the general lack of development progress. With that in mind,

Is there 'something' to do now besides collect pets and other various inconsequential cosmetics?

I do like raiding (I was 6/8M when I quit), is BFD any good? What's it called was pretty underwhelming. Is every guild worth a damn already in farm-mode?

Does Ian still have a job?

Is there new PVP content (excl. brawls)?

Is AP still a thing?

I know this post is a little sarcastic, but I am genuinely interested in finding out if the game has improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP is still a thing, Brawlers guild is coming next week as well.

Battle for Daz raid is pretty good, if you ignore the ridiculous measures guilds took for the WF race. Most of the fights are nice mix of tank killers, mechanics checks, dps checks and variety fights. Well tuned overall imo.

Ion still has a job.. and as for PvP content? Wintergrasp is coming back and the BG's are getting graphic/model/physics updates.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Well that sounds promising enough.

Is AP still a perpetual grind? I recall it was supposed to be changed up in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Well that sounds promising enough.

Is AP still a perpetual grind? I recall it was supposed to be changed up in some way.
    Nothing has or will change here. Lots of "we are listening" etc etc - the usual Blizzard M.O, but they have found the perfect grind system, and they will NOT make any meaningful changes to it. I also expect it to be a major part of the next expac as well.

The next patch just brings the new races, brawler's guild, Wintergrasp and HD AB/WSG so just more cosmetics, HD updates and rehashes.

Nothing has changed with Warfronts or Islands. They still remain braindead and lackluster like they were at launch.

The new 'raid' isn't coming until next month and it's only 2 bosses with the same ilvl and appearances as BFD so nothing noteworthy at all. I don't know why they even bothered.

Azerite traits aren't being shaken up until 8.2, which probably isn't coming until June or later.

You don't very seem keen on BFD so if I were you I would just wait for 8.2.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2019-03-07 at 11:58 PM.

I quit around the beginning of December after decidedly getting frustrated with the state of shadow
    I know you didn't specifically ask about it, but the state of Shadow has improved by quite a bit since launch. Still not quite as fun as it was at its peak in Legion, but definitely improved and dealing very good damage.

Is there 'something' to do now besides collect pets and other various inconsequential cosmetics?
    raid/m+/pvp, nothing new
    I do like raiding (I was 6/8M when I quit), is BFD any good? What's it called was pretty underwhelming. Is every guild worth a damn already in farm-mode?
    77 guilds in the world have 9/9M cleared, 21 US guilds are at that point so far. I'd consider BFD pretty good overall, but a bit under-tuned on certain fights.
    Yes
    Wintergrasp is being added as a 40man BG next week
    Is AP still a thing?
    Yes, it's capped at 50 and they announced that the way it works will be different after this raid tier is over.

A friend told me that the Zandalari and fat humans are finally being released next week. Admittedly this has peaked my interest. I quit around the beginning of December after decidedly getting frustrated with the state of shadow, the disappointment of Warfronts, Islands, and the general lack of development progress. With that in mind,

Is AP still a thing?

I know this post is a little sarcastic, but I am genuinely interested in finding out if the game has improved.
    I dont think anything has changed at all from your initial frustrations with the expac - the promised shammy / spriest changes came and went without anything really getting done to address major concerns, warfronts continue to offer a mindless way to gear alts and get absurdly high ilvl loot for mostly afk content, and IE are not replacing Tanaan jungle / Timeless isle as the way to obtain BOA loot for alts going forward.

I think the raid is extremely good for normal / heroic raiders, but will not comment on its state for more hardcore mythic raiders, as i am no longer in that scene at all. I think there are some serious issues with gear acquisition, ilvls, rewards, and difficulties, however the raid itself is very good in my opinion. The step up in difficulty with the last boss is certainly a concern, but again, not one unique to this raid.

Classic WoW is coming this summer.

I imagine people dedicated to Classic will pop into BFA from time to time, so expect alot of noobs, like me.

Many, like myself, have had some degree of BFA knowledge. But I still imagine server pop to go up the 2nd half of the year. People need something to do inbetween raids, after all.

I'm paying for Classic, not BFA. BFA is just a curiosity ... much like how People buy Windows, not MineSweeper.

Classic is coming on schedule .. bout the only update since 3 months ago.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-08 at 12:09 AM.