Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was born in the early 90's so I don't think there would be much that would baffle kids today.. Maybe brickphones and huge bulky tv's with Cathode-ray tubes.

Had to rewind your music..

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I hated those road maps...once you opened them up, they were hell to fold back!
    I still have road maps, but I buy the laminated and folded ones. makes it easy to handle.

I would buy THIS:

https://www.amazon.com/Streetwise-Lo.../dp/2067230077

Lists every street in town. And since it laminated, you can use a grease pen to draw on it and erase.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saturday Morning Cartoons. Being a kid in the 80's I remember getting up 6am in the weekends to watch kids shows.

Now days kids shows are in 24/7
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ahhhh good old kodachrome.

For me, I'd have to say.... A stick shift and clutch pedal. No weak assed Automatic, or prissy paddle shifts. You grew up with thighs like tree trunks if you had someone with a manual transmission and any decent performance clutch.
    The good old days when selfies didn't exist LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Huge boom boxes, haven't seen one in forever.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A VHS rewinder.

I forgot about these. I remember the video rental place here had one, and they'd charge you $1 extra if they had to use it on a movie you returned (meaning you returned a movie without rewinding it). You couldn't rent a movie without a "membership" there, and that line was in the fine print on the membership terms where they talked about their late fees and such.

You could rent games there too, and they'd charge a little if you returned one without the instruction manual or something. The owner of the store eventually got smart and started giving out copies of the manuals but keeping the originals (mostly because kids would write the standard "for a good time call __________" or "I WILL FIND YOU AND BEAT YOUR ASS IF YOU DELETE MY SAVE" stuff in those "notes" sections the instruction manuals had at the end).
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-14 at 02:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Kids these days bro.. they are literally TOUCH SCREEN ONLY

XBOX/PS/WI controller or Tablets/Smart Phone - literally no joke.. I know of students who do all of their work on tablets, and legit have NEVER used an actual keyboard before.
    I don't buy that one bit. Touch screens are not in any way new. I used one in 1982. They also suck, they are pretty much the worst option available. I can't think of any time where ANY other control option isn't superior to touch screen, assuming you have a table or something. Obviously if you're on the bus, and all you've got is your phone, it's an acceptable way to read email or send a message or something. But that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sometimes, it was impossible to keep up with friends during the summer because you lived on opposite sides of town and your families took vacations at different times. Now with social media, you can literally send a message to your friend from the other side of the world and keep in touch.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

White men being Roman or Midevil soldiers, white men being the vast majority of participants in WW2 Europe. What!? The German army in ww2 weren't black women like BF5 says they are, and Roman's weren't 50% black like the BBC says they are!? Queen Elizabeth wasn't black!?

Games and movies not being infected by SJW nonsense...God I miss those days.

Why would history baffle younger people? They have internet access 24/7, they can read about anything.

We had to ride our bikes to get anywhere, I was babysitting when I was 10-12 years old. Starting from when I was 8-9 I used to wake up in the summer and throw on some swim trunks and shorts/ shirt over it, then I would hop on my bike ride until Pool opened at 1PM swim until 5PM go home eat Supper, then go back to the pool from 6PM-9PM then ride bike back home or to a friends house and then do it all over again the next day.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Waiting more than a few seconds for websites to load.
    Certain pictures taking minutes+ to load. >.> <.< Young me remembers.

So like there where these gooey aliens that came in eggs.

Thinking about this now baffles me so sure it will bafle the youth

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Only 4 channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS), but the channel selector (analog) had 13 listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dial up internet. Oh and also A.O.L. if anyone remembers that >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

the phrase "Hang up the phone"

Blowing in a snes cartridge

non digital media in general

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    My Walkman.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

This sound:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Having unpruned abilities, talents and gameplay in WoW. Having to use skill and strategy to defeat enemies in PvP instead of going full mongoloid mode. Probably the fact that we had to earn everything in WoW, including skill, instead of paying for it all.
    On that note, dungeons that ****ed over specific specs. You're a fire mage raiding molten core? No you're not!

One day I'm going to be a grandpappy having to explain to kids what life was like before we had the Internet. We've went so fast I feel like it's already there. Kids today playing with phones more advanced than I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dial up internet. Oh and also A.O.L. if anyone remembers that >.>
    Having to pay per minute for said dial up!