Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, completed both Alliance and Horde war campaign, unlocked allies. Waiting a few months for next raid to unlock
    Maybe I'll have a break for a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanshou View Post
    So, completed both Alliance and Horde war campaign, unlocked allies. Waiting a few months for next raid to unlock
    Congrats on Cutting Edge for BoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I dunno about that. Millions of playrs never played Vanilla at all. They came in BC or after... them those people playing Classic is a way to "complete" their WoW experience.

Others will relish a chance to experience (or re-experience) an absolute fresh server... the beginnings of Azeroth coming alive.

Others remember Classic, BC, and Wrath as their favorite renditions of WoW... and will be eager to enjoy that game again.

I, for one, fall into all three categories and am very hyped to play WoW again... the Vanilla I missed, the two following expansions I loved so much, and be a part of a brand new Azeroth universe.

Personally I hope the release 8.2 the same day they release Classic... this will allow them to move forward with the game they love and not feel like they have to jump in Classic because they are bored and maybe dampen the experience with their disinterest.

Come to think of it... since it's a shred sub... that may be what they are planning! WOOT!
    100%, something is better then nothing. Will add more value to your sub , hopefully it doesn't mean retail will take a dip in quality as a result.

C
    l
    a
    s
    s
    i
    c

This is how every single expansion has been during the 2nd tier and beyond. Maybe this game isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    C
    l
    a
    s
    s
    i
    c
    Classic (or Vanilla) has A LOT LESS content than any expansion when you hit max level, even TBC (heroic dugeons, several raids, more BG, Arenas,...)

And most of us have already cleaned the vanilla content several times

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno about that. Millions of playrs never played Vanilla at all. They came in BC or after... them those people playing Classic is a way to "complete" their WoW experience.

Others will relish a chance to experience (or re-experience) an absolute fresh server... the beginnings of Azeroth coming alive.

Others remember Classic, BC, and Wrath as their favorite renditions of WoW... and will be eager to enjoy that game again.

I, for one, fall into all three categories and am very hyped to play WoW again... the Vanilla I missed, the two following expansions I loved so much, and be a part of a brand new Azeroth universe.

Personally I hope the release 8.2 the same day they release Classic... this will allow them to move forward with the game they love and not feel like they have to jump in Classic because they are bored and maybe dampen the experience with their disinterest.

Come to think of it... since it's a shred sub... that may be what they are planning! WOOT!
    People who never played vanilla will never level up until max lvl, or only a few of them... only people from PS or nostalgic veterans will hit 60 within the first 2-3 months.

If you bagan in TBC you already "experienced" the vanilla level up, because it was not altered until a few patches. 2.0 classes made it a little easier but that's all, the elite mobs were still elite mobs
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-18 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanshou View Post
    Thats the proper way to do it, if you dont want to do all the other stuff there is to do, and only want to do the Story once.

But I would personally not see any point in playing an MMO for that. There are good singleplayer games with a much more immersive story, that you can play on your own timing.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    People who never played vanilla will never level up until max lvl, or only a few of them... only people from PS or nostalgic veterans will hit 60 within the first 2-3 months.

If you bagan in TBC you already "experienced" the vanilla level up, because it was not altered until a few patches. 2.0 classes made it a little easier but that's all, the elite mobs were still elite mobs
    "People who never played vanilla will never level up until max lvl, or only a few of them..."
    Why do you believe that? Many people have leveled up MULTIPLE characters on private servers. It is a VERY important part of the game!

No, actually. If people leveled in TBC, they may have experienced the leveling (until 58 when they could enter Outland) but they certainly did not experience Vanilla.

Certainly not the endgame or any of the preparation needed to participate. Certainly not the fresh economy of a server launch. Certainly not a world where NOONE was max level as you fought your way across Azeroth to get there yourself.

Certainly not the crafting aspect when mats were readily available in the AH in quantities and cheaper due to a new expansion.

A world where no mage had portals to let you more easily skip travel... Leveling "pretty much like vanilla' is not the same as experiencing vanilla.. not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Thats the proper way to do it, if you dont want to do all the other stuff there is to do, and only want to do the Story once.

But I would personally not see any point in playing an MMO for that. There are good singleplayer games with a much more immersive story, that you can play on your own timing.
    Funny, I actually enjoy the combat in WoW over almost all other single-player RPGs. The classes and skills all are fun to use. Tab-targetting combat is never used in single-player, I wonder why. I genuinely enjoy that style of combat. About the story, well the lore&universe rivals or tops most other universes. Warhammer, Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy all have the same level of depth and history but WoW is pretty far up there.

Why do you believe that? Many people have leveled up MULTIPLE characters on private servers. It is a VERY important part of the game!

No, actually. If people leveled in TBC, they may have experienced the leveling (until 58 when they could enter Outland) but they certainly did not experience Vanilla.

Certainly not the endgame or any of the preparation needed to participate. Certainly not the fresh economy of a server launch. Certainly not a world where NOONE was max level as you fought your way across Azeroth to get there yourself.

Certainly not the crafting aspect when mats were readily available in the AH in quantities and cheaper due to a new expansion.

A world where no mage had portals to let you more easily skip travel... Leveling "pretty much like vanilla' is not the same as experiencing vanilla.. not by a long shot.
    Almost all your the things they never experienced was not fun and tedious. YES I've played Vanilla as a "hardcore" raider (naxx untill 4 horsemen, not enough geared tanks and TBC coming with r25 killed the guild after the down).

Farming pots and flask for raids ? You can do that on retail, it's as "fun" as before... GL hf farming mats on the first few months, no multiple repops for herbs (GL HF farming gromsblood in the blasted lands for the tank rage potions...), no scaled repop for mobs, shared loot on mobs, ect ect....

Crafting ? It sucked and still sucks in retail, nothing has changed. Bonus coming from professions came with TBC or Woltk (don't remember actually, but not inv anilla that's for sure). As a holy priest, I almost NEVER (!!) used resist gear, it's only for melees. Maybe for early pulls of "lava packs" but I ditched them quickly. I even think these lava packs were nerfed at some point

Where is the fun in "traveling without mages" when you already know all the maps ? Nowhere...
    There were only 4 portals in original Shattrath : IF/Orgrimmar & Exodar/Silvermoon

Ok, you're one of these people who think everything was better in vanilla. Some things were better (immersion, elite quests that required a group, the lore overall ect)... but a lot of things were worse (gameplay (rotations), balancing, raids mecanics,...) :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Funny, I actually enjoy the combat in WoW over almost all other single-player RPGs. The classes and skills all are fun to use. Tab-targetting combat is never used in single-player, I wonder why. I genuinely enjoy that style of combat. About the story, well the lore&universe rivals or tops most other universes. Warhammer, Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy all have the same level of depth and history but WoW is pretty far up there.
    Because tab targeting is outdated, we still enjoy it because we're used to it but it won't fit in a single player game at all, it would quickly become boring. Wow combat is fun only in group content
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-18 at 02:48 PM.

I also enjoy the combat of WoW. I didnt mean that WoW is bad, or has bad lore (Like oooh so many believe), its just that if you want to play "Just for the Story (e.g. Finished Campaign, player one round of LFR, WoW has no more content QQ)" like the one I quoted said, there are better singleplayer alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Almost all your the things they never experienced was not fun and tedious. YES I've played Vanilla as a "hardcore" raider (naxx untill 4 horsemen, not enough geared tanks and TBC coming with r25 killed the guild after the down).

Farming pots and flask for raids ? You can do that on retail, it's as "fun" as before... GL hf farming mats on the first few months, no multiple repops for herbs (GL HF farming gromsblood in the blasted lands for the tank rage potions...), no scaled repop for mobs, shared loot on mobs, ect ect....

Crafting ? It sucked and still sucks in retail, nothing has changed. Bonus coming from professions came with TBC or Woltk (don't remember actually, but not inv anilla that's for sure). As a holy priest, I almost NEVER (!!) used resist gear, it's only for melees. Maybe for early pulls of "lava packs" but I ditched them quickly. I even think these lava packs were nerfed at some point

Where is the fun in "traveling without mages" when you already know all the maps ? Nowhere...
    There were only 4 portals in original Shattrath : IF/Orgrimmar & Exodar/Silvermoon

Ok, you're one of these people who think everything was better in vanilla. Some things were better (immersion, elite quests that required a group, the lore overall ect)... but a lot of things were worse (gameplay (rotations), balancing, raids mecanics,...) :/

- - - Updated - - -

Because tab targeting is outdated, we still enjoy it because we're used to it but it won't fit in a single player game at all, it would quickly become boring. Wow combat is fun only in group content
    But your position assumes that the majority will look at Classic the way you do... and feel the same things are not fun. I disagree.. I think people who go to play Classic will go BECAUSE they think these things are fun.

There are a lot because private servers are still a thing... and starting fresh over and over has been JUST as fun. For those that don't, you have the exciting modern WoW.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you are in a mythic guild you don't complain about not having content to do just a few weeks into the new tier because you are progressing on the raid . . .
    Lol, must be a shit mythic guild if its still progressing this far in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because tab targeting combat is a product of internet and latency. You literally can't do anything else in big MMO's
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

you also got a new bg, micro holidays new stuff for the darkmoon fairy, additions for the professions. New Story.

What's wrong with all of you? I get that you don't like it. I get that you think that it's not enough. But again: just because you don't like doesn't mean that it's not there.

There is new stuff, alot actually. Alot that many people do enjoy. I'm also not one of them but you can't just say that there is nothing when it'S actually not true.

June is the date imo

and we should have the last patch somewhere in November then the game will coast on 8.3 until we get another xpac (thats if we ever do get another xpac) and we get a prepatch launch similar to the burning of the tree or the Broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    force the player to do something time consuming (and boring after having done it more than 10-15 times) and name that content.
    that's titanforging my friend

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Nah the new raid should launch in June, while the patch should launch in May or late april
    Late may, april is imposible, they will need some testing in the PTR with how big this patch will be, I expect 8.2 PTR real soon, specially having a Q&A the 21.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The people running the show now are very competent but they don't understand effort vs reward and they certainly don't understand RPGs.
    Yup, you nailed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.
    Please don't lie just to add fuel to your hate, you know what traits every piece has everywhere. The only way you don't know is if you roll a random from the vendor, but 3 weeks doing 1 mythic+ 10 for a 415 piece I find it fair that we get it random, in 8 weeks you have the three azerite pieces at 415, It's okey.

I respect that a lot of you in these forums are not happy with BFA - and I understand your points. But stop trying to pretend that the vocal minority - which you ARE! - dont fool yourselves! are the voice of truth. we are a LOT of players having a blast in BFA atm - just going nuts in m+, leveling chars, raiding, pvp'ing and enjoying WoW in general.
    I look forward to 8.2 - but until then I have plenty to do and I will be doing that with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    I respect that a lot of you in these forums are not happy with BFA - and I understand your points. But stop trying to pretend that the vocal minority - which you ARE! - dont fool yourselves! are the voice of truth. we are a LOT of players having a blast in BFA atm - just going nuts in m+, leveling chars, raiding, pvp'ing and enjoying WoW in general.
    I look forward to 8.2 - but until then I have plenty to do and I will be doing that with my friends.
    Clearly don't when you try to proclaim we are some "voice of truth" just for being critical.

And judging by the mass exodus WoW has had with players going to other games recently I'll say it's most certainly not a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He hit THE MOTHERLODE!!!!!
    Now that it's indeed a problem, I thought that I would never hate a dungeon more than the prison from dalaran (yes I hate it) but mottherlode got first place right now, and I'm still debating if I should give Tol dagor the second one, hate that shit, I really like all the other dungeons now, and I'm also starting to do M+ with my guildies and having a blast, ignoring Motherlode ofc xD