Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Anti-consumer doesn’t mean what you think it means.

https://tobykurien.com/the-anti-consumerist-lifestyle/
    Yeah let's read some random guys blog/opinion piece which totally makes it fact!

Doesn’t affect gameplay, don’t care. Cosmetic items for money will never bother me. Let people be stupid.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelog View Post
    it was nerfed to 1 hour before it even got added to the store my dude...

- - - Updated - - -

it was not changed.
    it was changed before it got put on the store

- - - Updated - - -

it was changed BEFORE it was added to the store, the websites like mmochamp and wowhead were just reporting on the datamined numbers, and took super long time to notice it was changed
    I appreciate you bringing when it was nerfed into here, but Blizzard knows these things are datamined well in advance. If they're going to nerf something from a shop, they need to make an announcement. Just doing a normal hotfix and expecting people to notice after word has already spread isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean being better games doesn't excuse what FF14 does.

However. When one game is providing the quality experience and one isn't which one are you gonna be critical of?

WoW needs to get it's backside in gear, stop shovelling MTX onto it's store like FF14 does and start making a game for the players again. Not the shareholders.
    Agree completely about ff14. No excuse for cash shops in Sub based games.

It's one thing if the sub is optional icing on the cake like ESO, SWTOR, etc, but i dislike games that have a box price, a sub fee, and then the audacity to put a mobile game like store into the game space.

Well, yet another reason to not sub to WoW... even more MTX in a sub based game that is also charging you for the expansions and base game? lol

How anyone can defend this practice is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I appreciate you bringing when it was nerfed into here, but Blizzard knows these things are datamined well in advance. If they're going to nerf something from a shop, they need to make an announcement. Just doing a normal hotfix and expecting people to notice after word has already spread isn't enough.
    so now blizzard need to predic what website report as Datamine info and do it early?????

i mean you going to a extrem to blame blizzard for something that they never release, blame the webste that report the data mine info that wasnt finish

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    so now blizzard need to predic what website report as Datamine info and do it early?????

i mean you going to a extrem to blame blizzard for something that they never release, blame the webste that report the data mine info that wasnt finish
    They don't have to predict anything. Just tell Wowhead and MMO-Champion and you've covered the bases. Or put an announcement up on twitter.

Now that a lot of people bought it let's make it crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    A lot of people did, yes, but that doesn't mean it was the intended usage for the product. Also, am quite sure the amount of people buying the card game to play it, rather than hope for a card, was significantly higher.
    I like to think of it as buying a breakfast cereal with a code inside. Sure, the code is a nice extra, but you;re actually buying the cereal. Sure, you might havebeen influenced by the gimmicky goody, but if you;re buying the cereal solely for that reason, well, that's on you.

Point stands, it was an entirely different marketing practice and business model. Trying to use it to defend a specific in-game cash shop which is completely different in not only theory, but implementation, is asinine at best, utterly stupid at worst.
    Pretty sure I’m not using it to defend the in game cash shop but merely pointing out a flaw in the post I responded to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We got over 500 toys that you can earn by in game means, if three of are cash shop the world wont stop, especially since you can earn em too in a in-game way.
    Jesus H Christ *contains composure* okay, breath, deep breaths...

Here I go.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING THE TOYS IT'S THE MEANS ON HOW THEY ARE SOLD I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH!!!!!!! How many times have I got to say this shit for you people to understand, oh my god!!!

Blizzard are giving people the option without actually giving us any option. It's the illusion of 'player choice', because if there was a choice to begin with why put them in the shop at all?

Let's see how we got to this point...

Blizzard introduce paid pets
    Blizzard introduced store with one mount
    A collection of mounts and pets become more available over time
    Services get added into the shop
    Xmogs get introduced into the store
    Boosts get introduced with the WoW token
    Now toys get introduced.

Where do you people start drawing the line?

Let;s go a little bit further shall we let me know where your threshold is.

More mounts and pets get introduced to the store
    Unique tabards with effects get introduced in the store
    Exclusive quest content gets introduced to the Blizzard store
    More pets and mounts get introduced
    More exclusive store xmogs
    More toys get introduced
    Another 'clear out sale' goes on in the store
    Exclusive to the store: Class armor sets for xmogs (because class sets no longer exist let's make them store exclusive instead)
    More pets/toys/xmogs/mounts
    Playing housing, what you always wanted now available in the cash shop
    new exclusive content and new zone on the cash shop
    more mounts added
    more pet's added
    more elusive rare quests added only ont he cash shop

you know it isn't so bad, but when you look back to see it only started with a few pets... and it;s gotten to this... you honestly don;'t think they wouldn't go further?

Oh and if you are saying well Blizzard wouldn't do that... Wonder if you were thinking the same about all the current cash shop stuff before WotLK. You let this slide now, and you make it worse for the future of this game. Although I do feel the damage has already been done unfortunately.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-20 at 03:17 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Well, yet another reason to not sub to WoW... even more MTX in a sub based game that is also charging you for the expansions and base game? lol

How anyone can defend this practice is hilarious.
    Because all of their MTX are completely voluntary and have no bearing on the game. When in game cash shop items start becoming gear or gear tokens or some kind of power upgrade then yes, I will be standing right there with everyone crying foul and for shame. As it stands, with only cosmetic items being in the shop, who really cares. Most people are acting like these things are mandatory for their gaming experience to be fun, and that’s kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Agree completely about ff14. No excuse for cash shops in Sub based games.

It's one thing if the sub is optional icing on the cake like ESO, SWTOR, etc, but i dislike games that have a box price, a sub fee, and then the audacity to put a mobile game like store into the game space.
    you do undestand that all those game that are "F2P" are a lying to you right?????

a good example is SWKOTOR where u cant do shit on the game if you dont paid for the sub or buy stupid amount of currency. Hell you cant unlcok a seconday profesion.

F2P game end costing more money on the long run that a base sub game. Blizzard Shop only add cosmetics and mounts both stuff that you can get for free ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Jesus H Christ *contains composure* okay, breath, deep breaths...

Here I go.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING THE TOYS IT'S THE MEANS ON HOW THEY ARE SOLD I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH!!!!!!! How many times have I got to say this shit for you people to understand, oh my god!!!

Blizzard are giving people the option without actually giving us any option. It's the illusion of 'player choice', because if there was a choice to begin with why put them in the shop at all?

Let's see how we got to this point...

Blizzard introduce paid pets
    Blizzard introduced store with one mount
    A collection of mounts and pets become more available over time
    Services get introduced in the shop
    Xmogs get introduced into the store
    Boosts get introduced with the WoW token
    Now toys get introduced.

Where do you people start drawing the line?

Let;s go a little bit further shall we let me know where your threshold is.

More mounts and pets get introduced to the store
    Unique tabards with effects get introduced in the store
    Exclusive quest content gets introduced to the Blizzard store
    More pets and mounts get introduced
    More exclusive store xmogs
    More toys get introduced
    Another 'clear out sale' goes on in the store
    Exclusive to the store: Class armor sets to transmogs
    More pets/toys/xmogs/mounts
    Playing housing, what you always wanted now available in the cash shop
    new exclusive content and new zone on the cash shop
    more mounts added
    more pet's added
    more elusive rare quests added.

Oh and if you are saying well Blizzard wouldn't do that... Wonder if you were thinking the same about all the current cash shop stuff before WotLK. You let this slide now, and you make it worse for the future of this game. Although I do feel the damage has already been done unfortunately.
    Im sorry but the shop predate WotLK by far, alot of the stuff you are point cant be introduce on this game base on the simple fact that are part of the life cicle of the game. Like zone and quest, arent something this game will introduce on the shop now, only when they switch to the F2P model. Aka SWKOTOR

Cosmetics didnt work and blizzard new it, that why they didnt introduce anything else outside the helm, they give you planty of options already on the game.
    But Mounts, pet and toy are something that ppl always buy.

You guys are over reacting to items that irrelevant to everyone game play, is more blizzard have the decency to introduce toys that you can share with your friends. aka the trasnmog dude.

If you dont like this model go play your belove F2P game like SW and you will see how bad is microtrsaction on that game, or go play FF that is a sub base game and enjoy the horrible items that you get there as microtransations.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Now that a lot of people bought it let's make it crap!!!
    Pretty much a scam. Nothing more or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    Im sorry but the shop predate WotLK by far, alot of the stuff you are point cant be introduce on this game base on the simple fact that are part of the life cicle of the game. Like zone and quest, arent something this game will introduce on the shop now, only when they switch to the F2P model. Aka SWKOTOR

Cosmetics didnt work and blizzard new it, that why they didnt introduce anything else outside the helm, they give you planty of options already on the game.
    But Mounts, pet and toy are something that ppl always buy.

You guys are over reacting to items that irrelevant to everyone game play, is more blizzard have the decency to introduce toys that you can share with your friends. aka the trasnmog dude.

If you dont like this model go play your belove F2P game like SW and you will see how bad is microtrsaction on that game, or go play FF that is a sub base game and enjoy the horrible items that you get there as microtransations.
    Actually I was talking about the ingame shop, which actually was introduced in MoP so we are both wrong. But my point still stands.

Actually I was talking about the ingame shop, which actually was introduced in Warlords so we are both wrong. But my point still stands.
    Mate don't bother. Seems to be that you are wrong and people defending the shop are right according to their disingenuous and flawed logic.

It's sad really. But I bet they could start selling races and classes and people would find some way to defend it.

Not to mention some people are flat out being disingenuous about other games to make WoW appear better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you can buy this with in game gold and the buff persists through death and lets your whole raid join in from one use makes this one of the easiest 100k I've spent in a long time. Not sure where all the anger is coming from.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate don't bother. Seems to be that you are wrong and people defending the shop are right according to their disingenuous and flawed logic.

It's sad really. But I bet they could start selling races and classes and people would find some way to defend it.

Not to mention some people are flat out being disingenuous about other games to make WoW appear better.
    More the pity

Although out of all the assumptions I am putting bets down right now that class sets (or at least the appearances for xmogging) will return in cash shop form since they removed them in BfA and foreseeable future, it's the perfect setup... I'd bet my house on it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-20 at 03:33 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Yep. Irks me it's in FF14 too. I mean if FF14 started doing an xpac as bad as BFA though I'd be pissed. Not that it excuses the shop god no but as I said when one game is in a rut and just consistently throwing MTX on compared to the other game that's doing well which one is going to get the most criticism?

B2P games and F2P games fair enough since they need more income past the box price to survive.

If WoW really had millions of subs right now they wouldn't be throwing MTX on the store faster than they ever have. So speculation here but I think they are below 1.5 mil right now.

I'm just glad I finally saw Blizzard for what they are these days. And it's a damn shame because I grew up with this company with games like Broodwar, Blackthorne and Rock n Roll Racing.
    BfA is fine and conspiracy theories are silly. The real issue is how the standard in the industry was that subscription MMOs gave you access to everything through in-game means and free MMOs voided the subscription to instead use a cash shop, and people accepted it because it was the alternative to subscriptions. But now we have a game with a subscription AND gating things behind paywalls, basically just using both monetizing schemes, and everyone is just happy with it because reasons. Consumer responsibility is just not a thing anymore.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

More the pity

Although out of all the assumptions I am putting bets down right now that class sets (or at least the appearances for xmogging) will return in cash shop form since they removed them in BfA and foreseeable future, it's the perfect setup... I'd bet my house on it.
    Yep. I have a really sickening feeling that they will bring upscaled HD sets to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Pretty much what @Eleccybubb said -

come back when you have a point
    Yeah let's read some random guys blog/opinion piece which totally makes it fact!
    Y’all act like this is difficult.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-consumerism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumerism

Prove me wrong I’d im wrong, and explain why I’m wrong. Don’t just fold your arms, pout your lips, and say “You’re wrong lawl”.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."