Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    I didn't intend for them to get banned no, they did however purposely abuse an obvious exploit and because of their stupidity the rest of the guild has to get punished aswel which is exactly my point and why I don't like it.

You may argue that not everyone knew it was an exploit and thats fair, I do doubt however that the majority didn't know.

A good rule of thumb for these things is; If something seems too good to be true, it probably is not.

The point I tried to make was the few ruined it for the many just like they do with exploits.
    And here is why I’m confused. Raiders changed the way blizzard approached master loot. You’re a raider - you were complicit in that happening. To me, it seems as if you have double standards. So why didn’t you just stop raiding because you didn’t want the change to happen? It seems to me that people will do what they usually do regardless.. My point is that the punishment does not equate. Blizz failed to detect a bug that was very very obvious and widely shared. People will level; people will use a method they just lekarned about. Blizzard acts too late to fix it; people use the method and get banned. This cycle doesn’t make sense. Punish the players but blizzard never gets any flack over this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, what's with all this influx of pepegas, did Preach or some other baboon release a tear-soaked video about how people exploiting did nothing wrong or some such nonsense?

If they don't do a rollback then this was totally worth it.

Leveling is currently meaningless trash in this game, I don't blame anyone who tries to make it as quick as possible.

I personally feel that rollbacks should happen.

It is only fair. Anyone who argues otherwise is nonsensical.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Whoa, what's with all this influx of pepegas, did Preach or some other baboon release a tear-soaked video about how people exploiting did nothing wrong or some such nonsense?
    Much worse, Az from heelvsbabyface has released a video basically telling everyone to buy/sub FFXIV or ESO .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuffz View Post
    You’re acting like it takes a rocket scientist to be able to farm those medallions. You get them via world quests - yes I said it, world quests. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t need to know a lot about the game to be able to do world quests. Now let’s get to the part about risk. You walk by, you see a sign that says free tacos at a place you eat often? Risky? I don’t believe so. Now say someone passes by a popular wow streamer, sees the streamer do it. Risky? A lot less than you might expect, especially given this streamer puts out numerous videos on YouTube with excellent analysis.

You expect everyone to be like you. They’re not. People will make mistakes; should they be punished? Not always.
    It's not about how you acquire them, but the time invested. You need a 120, and lots of time spent to acquire enough medallions to get enough of the potions for it to be worthwhile. All this time spent means you've accumulated a good bit of knowledge about the game, a new player going from 1-120 with no heirlooms takes a lot of time and will more than likely learn the basics, including how potions work. When you suddenly see "Oh, yeah, these stack but, only if you do this weird thing you've never had to do with potions before...." would you really think it's intended? That Blizzard made a new method for potion buff stacking, just for this potion, and without saying anything? Potions have always worked in a very specific way, and this was clearly outside of that. And quite frankly, you know all the streamers knew it was an exploit, they play this game A LOT, the fact that they blatantly broadcast it and encourage others to do it is significantly more scummy to me than Blizzards reaction to it. If they cared about their "community" of watchers, they would have told them not to do this as it will likely result in a temp ban, but instead they just want views and don't care how they get them, which is another reason I avoid streamers, they're almost all fake.

Despite all this, you aren't exactly wrong, some people don't really think about stuff, but I'd be willing to bet 99% of the people using this blatantly knew it was an exploit, and to the 1% who may have been ignorant like you're saying, hopefully this is a lesson, because a 7 day ban is really nothing, and Blizzard has no way of determining who did what for what reason.

It's simply sad when people try to defend exploiting in any way. If the game or activity is that bad, simply don't do it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-22 at 05:46 PM.

Lol blizzard ban the remainder of the player base

I keep hearing people claim this was an exploit. What version of the definition is this an exploit? The most logical one is that third party software was used to circumvent the game client, which it was not. So to me this sounds like a bug. A bug that Blizzard's QA didn't catch, nor did Blizzard think was worthy of a hotfix. Worst case, it's a creative use of in-game mechanics. Definitely not ban worthy, but this is Blizzard, they've banned for stupider things before.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphon View Post
    I keep hearing people claim this was an exploit. What version of the definition is this an exploit? The most logical one is that third party software was used to circumvent the game client, which it was not. So to me this sounds like a bug. A bug that Blizzard's QA didn't catch, nor did Blizzard think was worthy of a hotfix. Worst case, it's a creative use of in-game mechanics. Definitely not ban worthy, but this is Blizzard, they've banned for stupider things before.
    Well you're taking advantage of a bug, which in turn is "exploitive behavour" or something. Being able to level extremely quickly is obviously abusing said bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well you're taking advantage of a bug, which in turn is "exploitive behavour" or something. Being able to level extremely quickly is obviously abusing said bug.
    How about XP locking characters to twink out and powerlevel people 110-120 in a few hours? Is this exploitative of the bonus xp split and xp locking system?

Suspending people for powerleveling by any means is stupid unless they are selling those accounts for real money. Get a fucking grip.

Yet, paying someone with a twinked 110 DH to drag you through Freehold for 4-5 hours is perfectly ok, vs the 10+ hours it takes to level normally? It's a slippery slope argument IMHO. I've done neither with my army of alts, but the tempt is there, because after the 3rd or 4th time, leveling is just a slog that you have to do to get to the real game. What this should be telling Blizzard is the current state of leveling isn't very appealing for alts (heck at this time, give me 120 boosts, I'd rather pay than go through the process again, as I can definitely justify that my time is worth > $6 per hour).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
    How about XP locking characters to twink out and powerlevel people 110-120 in a few hours? Is this exploitative of the bonus xp split and xp locking system?

Suspending people for powerleveling by any means is stupid unless they are selling those accounts for real money. Get a fucking grip.
    Well one requires another person to boost you, boosting is not a bug or illegal in any way.....and I don't see how this can even be compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's to hoping wow servers get hit with some people on Tuesday for retaliation. Bad Blizzard is bad for making bad leveling design to begin with.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Thing about vanilla leveling is that it is fun.

Retail leveling isnt fun ever, most of the fun stuff is in the endgame.
    I tried level 20-21 in the beta patch they sent out and I wanted to kill myself after 15mins of it. Was exactly how I remembered it.
    Granted it was more rewarding at the time to kill a lowly spider in the forest, but now we are more interested in dethroning leaders and killing the old gods with their own tentacles than gather venom glands for 3 hours. Hopefully a level squish next expansion will solve this problem, put it perfectly in between an achievement to level a max toon from scratch and not take 3 days to clear a zone for 5 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    It was clearly unintended functionality and it required specific action from the player to exploit. It was very clearly bannable offense to me as soon as I saw it described.
    Bugs happen. You can't exploit the local ATM to make it spit out all it's money and expect to get away blaming manufacturer's QA process.

C'mon now.
    Actually I had exactly this happen unintended, the ATM spit out 2x the money it was supposed to. So I put my card back in and took out my max allowed, and wasn't force to pay any of it back (prove it gave me 2x).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet, paying someone with a twinked 110 DH to drag you through Freehold for 4-5 hours is perfectly ok, vs the 10+ hours it takes to level normally? It's a slippery slope argument IMHO. I've done neither with my army of alts, but the tempt is there, because after the 3rd or 4th time, leveling is just a slog that you have to do to get to the real game. What this should be telling Blizzard is the current state of leveling isn't very appealing for alts (heck at this time, give me 120 boosts, I'd rather pay than go through the process again, as I can definitely justify that my time is worth > $6 per hour).
    Its ok because its a boost, not abusing a bug (which granted should never have been possible in the first place, gg blizz I guess).

Well one requires another person to boost you, boosting is not a bug or illegal in any way.....and I don't see how this can even be compared.
    A player could easily have bought 1 potion from the vendor, used it, then saw it had no duration (which makes it seem different than any other potion in the game), so you buy another and use that and it stacks. How it the world would that player who doesn't watch twitch supposed to know they are now exploiting?

Because it's providing an unfair advantage to people who can afford this service. It requires a very specific set of actions (lock character at 110, twink it out with specific gear / spec, etc.) that clearly weren't "intended" just like the supposed "exploit"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's providing an unfair advantage to people who can afford this service. It requires a very specific set of actions (lock character at 110, twink it out with specific gear / spec, etc.) that clearly weren't "intended" just like the supposed "exploit"
    Your grievance is with blizzard, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Read it again.
    It required specific action from the player to exploit.
    So if you open up the ATM, insert USB with your exploit and the ATM spills the money - try explaining how it was the manufacturer's fault for creating buggy code?
    I'm sorry, what "hack" did the player do? I already described the specific set of "actions" a player must use to do the "boost" trick (exploit is the word you guys like to use). As I said in my first post, this is a slippery slope, so let's go down it.