View Poll Results: Do you think China's "re-education" of Muslims will succeed or will it just cause mor

Voters
160. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

29 18.13%
  • The re-eduction will succeed

55 34.38%
  • It will cause more problems in the future

76 47.50%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    At least you're honest about your true intentions.

And people say this forum is not infested with fascists.
    Omg you are so delusional politically correct.
    So it is better for China to just be like Europe by having mass murdering terrorists walking around killing innocent people?

Or having the Chinese culture suddenly decreasing into some african/middle eastern gheto?

Or should the Chinese just like some Europeans become a minorty in their own freaking cities?

You have to aks yourself who are the real facists?

Are it the people who love their country and want to see it shine in the future?

Or are it the muslims who wanna turn the enitre world into their caliphate?

Make a guess wich of those sound more facist?
    Last edited by Dark-Zarupia; 2019-03-24 at 12:56 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it'll succeed in breaking down the religion. It's good and necessary and the only alternative is wiping them out and I don't think China has any problem doing that too if this doesn't work. This fanatical cult needs to be stopped and expunged and I hear endlessly about how 'if you do anything but give them everything, they will use violence', well, we'll see if China is worse off for this than countries bending over for this crackpot backwards religion.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Omg you are so delusional politically correct.
    So it is better for China to just be like Europe by having mass murdering terrorists walking around killing innocent people?

Or having the Chinese culture suddenly decreasing into some african/middle eastern gheto?

Or should the Chinese just like some Europeans become a minorty in their own freaking cities?

You have to aks yourself who are the real facists?

Are it the people who love their country and want to see it shine in the future?

Make a guess wich of those sound more facist?
    Its laughable how black and white your world view is.

I like how when Chinese government tries to exterminate whole cultures which is basically Jihad, they become people who love their country. Turn the tables around, let's say Chinese were Muslim, even leave the Uyghurs out of the picture and say they were doing the same things they have been doing to Tibetan Buddhists. Would you see them as people who love their country or fascist Muslims?

Supporting genocide to protect the people is what i would call it.
    Issues I. Europe stem fro. High influx of refugees. Not native Muslim population.

You know what just to make you feel good about yourself.

i'll agree with the type genocide China is doing.

Because they are keeping the peace in their country they are protecting their people and their culture
    Protecting their people and culture against what? Another people and culture that they promised to protect?

Its ironic that China was invited to Pakistan to attend its celebrations yesterday on it becoming a Muslim country .

Heck, China has even put a hold on calling Masood Azhar, the chief of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), a terrorist.

Turkey was also in attendance & you know what Ergodan is like in whipping up "they are bad to Muslims" sentiment

I am just wondering if the OPs article is true, or why does not these Muslim countries snub China for its treatment of the Uighurs?

https://theprint.in/defence/china-se...or-tag/207179/

Chinese fighters have reached Islamabad to take part in the Pakistan Day parade, days after Beijing put a technical hold on the fourth proposal seeking a global terrorist tag for Masood Azhar, the chief of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).

Pakistan observes its national day on 23 March, to mark the 1940 signing of the Pakistan Resolution, seeking a separate homeland for Muslims, by the All India Muslim League at Lahore’s Minto Park.

The parade this year will feature flypasts by Turkish F-16s and Chinese J-10 aircraft, besides paratroop contingents from the Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Sri Lanka armed forces.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    China and individual freedoms where hardly going hand in hand, this education camp being one of many examples.

It's funny seeing people applaud this move not knowing how authoritarian this method is.
    I know. My post was mostly a joke about US Freedom meme's and how China has begun spreading their form of "freedom" as "education"now. I thought my joke was funny.

As for your second part.. yeah its a little sad really.

I wonder why China doesn’t run around saying diversity is their strength and all the usual mumbojumbo.

Its really the only way. I think America and friends gave a perfect example when they tried to give 'freedom' to some of their countries. A hard line is the only line.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Despite terrorism stuffs. Cultural genocide, or conversion is exactly what they want.
    China has culturally absorbed many civs in the history, except Muslim ones.

Only US has enough cultural and economic power to bind different people together. We even has Hollywood to convert the whole world. That's why we mustn't go Trump's way.
    Otherwise look at the Europe map and what is happening and going to happen in the next 10 years.
    Do not take a UNITED stats of America as granted. There were, are and will be tons of sacrifices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    I wonder why China doesn’t run around saying diversity is their strength and all the usual mumbojumbo.
    Diversity can only be called strength once you can bind them together and few nation in this world can achieve this. That's exactly why US educate the world about the greatness of the diversity. Look at the Europe, our goal has reached.

They're doing this at least partially for the same reason they're breeding out the Tibetans with Han Chinese. If a culture is bred out then an invading army wouldn't find a sympathetic people awaiting them.

As far as I know, most of the countries Islamic population with at least part foreign origin are in the far-west of China. many bordering India and Tajikistan.

The recent general anti-religion sentiment by the Chinese government is odd though, as it had previously supported the growth and revival of Taoism Confucianism, Buddhism and even Christianity. I saw something about government financial support for some churches previously. I suppose this is the state trying to take the place of God(s) and religion(s) as the highest recognizable power in peoples lives again. Thought China had evolved beyond that, guess not.

It has little to do with religion genocide. Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism are part of Chinese cultural. It helps binding people together. Christianity? Fine as long as the missionaries are not disguised spied spreading anti-government stuffs.
    Islam? Those in other provinces are fine. But for those Muslims in Xinjiang who supports dividing the country? That's why they built those camps. That's why the eastern turkistan-leader is now under the protected of US goverment.

I don't think they would consider it beautiful, but something has to be done to prevent failing like Europe.
    Last edited by IsaacHawke; 2019-03-24 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what a non-extremist Uighur not being selected to support a talking point on China might say.

I'm going to just drop this here from one of the other current Uighur threads. Note that poster is, him/her self, half Uighur and by my understanding that means they'd be eligible to claim being Uighur on a Chinese national identity card.

Quote Originally Posted by ls
    I wonder if Swedes are aware of the fact that the reason why Uighurs are treated this way in China is exactly because they, for the most part, chose NOT TO assimilate, NOT TO learn the language, and NOT TO integrate, moreover, still can't forget good ol' times of Yuan dynasty. Any peaceful attempts to integrate Uighurs were met w/ extreme violence. Teachers were killed, regular attacks on police officers, it's so bad that they had to replace police w/ army. If you hear/see news about some terrorist attack in China, there's 99% chance that it's a group of Uighur radicals attacking people w/ knives at some railroad station.

Like, out of all Muslim minorities in China, Uighurs are the only ones who're treated so poorly, and when young Uighurs, who're fed up w/ all this separatism and extremism, choose to live peacefully, work, build families, and actually integrate into Chinese society, they're treated as pretty much apostates by their own families.

Hui, another Muslim minority in China, has not restrictions when it comes to their ability to practice and express their faith whatsoever, no restriction in regards to movement around the country or even abroad. Why? Because they're peaceful and respectful. And Hui don't really like Uighurs either, because Hui get a lot of flack from others because Uighurs misbehave A LOT.

Sweden, wish you luck w/ handling my half-brothers/sisters :V I don't even think that Chinese government will stop Uighurs from fleeing to Sweden, less PITA for everyone.
    Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Xinjiang/page3 Post#42

For a little extra background
    After careful analysis of the video, audio, and printed materials from “Islam Awazi” it can be concluded that almost all of them contain anti-China slogans as well as a call for jihad. Despite the transition of its main fighting force to Syria and its initiation within the global jihad, throughout the entire period of its existence the TIP has maintained a position against China specifically. All of its promotional materials raise the problem of Xinjiang and express concerns about the repression of Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang. The Turkestan Islamic Party attempts to appeal to traditionally painful issues for Uyghurs, such as the Chinese birth control policy, expansion of the Han in Xinjiang, and discrimination and persecution of Muslims by Beijing. There is a call for jihad at the end of each message, regardless of format.

The TIP attempts to legitimize its terrorist activities by invoking the name of Allah. “The fight with China is our duty to Allah,” says Abdullah Mansour, one of the Islamic ideologues of the party, who justifies his political objectives with theological rhetoric. According to Mansour’s logic, the armed struggle against China is not a political objective of the TIP; it is the will of Allah. TIP leaders argue for their two main objectives — the separation of Xinjiang from China and the establishment of the Islamic state of “East Turkestan” in its place — using verses of the Quran.

The ideology of the Turkestan Islamic Party has undergone a number of significant changes resulting from rapprochement with al-Qaeda in Waziristan (2001-2010) and Jabhat al-Nusra in Syria (2013-2016). In particular, the TIP has expanded the geographic reach of its interests and has strengthened links with radical Islamists from Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and the Maghreb. Today, the TIP has become a serious contender in global jihad. As a result of the impact of transnational radical Islamic groups on the TIP, the doctrine of jihad has been permanently entrenched as the basis of the organization’s ideological platform. The TIP’s propaganda materials have acquired a pronounced jihadist hue. “Islam Awazi” has obviously adopted the style and form of presentation of other extremist groups in preparing its videos, particularly following the models of ISIS, al-Qaeda, and Jabhat al-Nusra.

The TIP has also successfully started to mimic the tactics of the Taliban while conducting terrorist attacks. Before 2003 the targets of TIP attacks were officials, police, and members of the Chinese security forces. After its integration with al-Qaeda, Uyghur fighters began carrying out attacks in crowded and busy areas. This has led to an increase in “the damaging effect” of attacks and an increasing number of victims. The terrorist attacks in 2013-2014 in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, Urumqi, and the attempt to hijack the aircraft Hotan-Urumqi indicate a change in targets and places for the attacks. Today ISIS-inspired radicals in Europe repeat the experience of TIP fighters, who massacred Han Chinese at stations in Kunming and Guangzhou using knives, axes, and machetes in 2014.
    Source: https://thediplomat.com/2016/08/chin...sts-go-global/

And on the political approach:
    It is believed that Tibet and Xinjiang are cards that the U.S. plays in containing the rise of China. The Chinese government has said at various occasions that the Tibet problem is instigated by U.S. collusion with Tibetan separatist forces: “under the guise of promoting democracy, human rights, and religious freedom, the U.S. government attempted to break Tibet away from China.” Thus, ethnic problems in Tibet and Xinjiang have never been seen solely as domestic problems but ones intricately linked to foreign forces. The concern that compromising on Tibet and Xinjiang issues would result in the U.S. gaining greater advantage in the strategic competition restrains China from seeking a genuine solution to resolve the impasse.

The Politicization and Securitization of Ethnic Issues

Protests in Tibet and Xinjiang are usually inspired by land grabs, environmental damage, and deprivation of religious beliefs, which are by-products of the CPC’s modernization projects in local regions. In the face of clear evidence that everyday grievances in Tibet and Xinjiang run high, many Chinese intellectuals acknowledge the fact that the current ethnic policy is problematic, whereas the government, however, still stresses the “correctness of our ethnic policy” in every year’s white paper.

The reluctance of the Chinese government to change its politicization and securitization approach is perplexing in the absence of a historical review of contemporary Chinese nationalism. As Professor Zheng Yongnian argues in the book Discovering Chinese Nationalism in China: Modernization, Identity and International Relations, “the Chinese have used the term neiluan, waihuan (civil chaos and foreign aggression) to refer to the severity of the crisis that China as a nation-state encounters.” From the incipient stage of contemporary Chinese nationalism, internal instability coincided with external threats. It is widely believed in China that the weak and incapable Qing court made it possible for foreign imperial powers to encroach on China and for domestic opposition groups like the Boxers to challenge the court. A weak state is regarded as the cause of rising domestic instability and external threats. Following this logic, Sun Yat-sen proposed to establish a modern nation-state to empower the ruoxiao guojia (weak state) in order to stand up to imperial powers.

With this historic context in mind, it is not surprising to see the Chinese government’s continuous insistence that domestic separatist forces are linked to international forces. Neiluan — the violence in Xinjiang and Tibet — is seen to threaten the survival of China because it will invite waihuan. Though this time China would not be carved up by imperialists, it may lose its relative power in the international order. The strong state complex is again evident in the Chinese government’s approach to local unrest. Instead of inviting the local people to participate in the design of developmental projects and incorporating their religious beliefs in modernization efforts, the central state takes charge of all.
    Source: https://thediplomat.com/2016/07/tibe...state-complex/

tl;dr These aren't just nice folks who want to follow their traditions. Some groups such as TIP have clear connections to terrorism and want to establish an ISIS like, fundamentalist state in Xinjiang. Right now, I think it would be a safe bet to see that as a launchpad for ISIS v2.0 and personally I see that as something that should be stepped on hard.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

It's their country and to a certain extend (that hasn't been reached yet, not even close) they can do whatever they want and think is best for their country.
    Obviously it's not pretty and I wish there would be no need to detain those people but if the Chinese feel that their safety and unity (one of their core strengths) is under threat then something has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    Diversity can only be called strength once you can bind them together and few nation in this world can achieve this. That's exactly why US educate the world about the greatness of the diversity. Look at the Europe, our goal has reached.
    You are right. Diversity works if you have enough resources and power to make everybody feel like a winner. Aka the United States.
    Europe however isn't striving for diversity but multiculturalism (similar but not the same) which is fundamentally flawed and will never work due to the culture being in charge preferring and favoring their own over all the other cultures. (Also not every culture in Europe is interested in seeing their country prosper and some cultures have flat out nothing to offer)
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-03-24 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Europe however isn't striving for diversity but multiculturalism (similar but not the same) which is fundamentally flawed and will never work due to the culture being in charge preferring and favoring their own over all the other cultures. (Also not every culture in Europe is interested in making their country a better place)
    Honestly I find this loaded usage of the word multiculturalism to be dumb. Multiculturalism = multiple cultures coexisting in a single state. Switzerland - Germans, French, Italians and Romansch; Belgium - Dutch, French, Germans; United Kingdoms - English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish.
    mul·ti·cul·tur·al
    /ˌməltēˈkəlCH(ə)rəl,ˌməltīˈkəlCH(ə)rəl/Submit

relating to or constituting several cultural or ethnic groups within a society.
    "multicultural education"
    Obviously the primary goal when dealing with immigrants coming to your country should be to assimilate them to some extent, but making a blanket generalization like "Multiculturalism doesn't work" is about as useless and meaningless as "Diversity is Strength". Especially since multiculturalism as a word has a pretty arbitrary definition.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-03-24 at 06:04 AM.

I am Swiss. Spent half my life over there and the other half in the US.

Switzerland is such a success story because the cultures that came together were near equal in strength,believes,scientific advancements,religion and freedom of religion.
    The United States works because no amount of resources is too big to make everybody feel equal and belonging to this country. Affirmative action is a good example of that. (Or school bus kid of the week lol...)

However if you think that a modern example of multiculturalism such as mixing the German culture with the cultures of Syria and Nigeria will work then you are in for a big surprise.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-03-24 at 06:21 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Its ironic that China was invited to Pakistan to attend its celebrations yesterday on it becoming a Muslim country .

Heck, China has even put a hold on calling Masood Azhar, the chief of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), a terrorist.

Turkey was also in attendance & you know what Ergodan is like in whipping up "they are bad to Muslims" sentiment

I am just wondering if the OPs article is true, or why does not these Muslim countries snub China for its treatment of the Uighurs?

https://theprint.in/defence/china-se...or-tag/207179/

Chinese fighters have reached Islamabad to take part in the Pakistan Day parade, days after Beijing put a technical hold on the fourth proposal seeking a global terrorist tag for Masood Azhar, the chief of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).

Pakistan observes its national day on 23 March, to mark the 1940 signing of the Pakistan Resolution, seeking a separate homeland for Muslims, by the All India Muslim League at Lahore’s Minto Park.

The parade this year will feature flypasts by Turkish F-16s and Chinese J-10 aircraft, besides paratroop contingents from the Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Sri Lanka armed forces.
    So, basically they are just as shitty as the US protecting jihadists in Syria n Yemen.
    Sad.

They side with Pak against their rival india, no other reason...

Why do people fanatically believe in religion or a God??? The root cause is lack of education, or the wrong education from their families and communities to brainwash them to believe so. In this aspect, the Re-education camp's name makes sense.

But, I am all for people's human rights and freedom of choice, even when they choose to be stupid and believe nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Do you think China's "re-education" of Muslims will succeed or will it just cause more problems?
    But hey, just like at that GDP! At least that's what my fellow posters here would tell me when they talked about how awesome China is.