Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't bother mate.

If it has 1 less player than WoW to some people = bad game.
    I'd say in FF's case it's more about it's development quality being like a worse korean F2P game than it having fewer players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    What does sub numbers have to do with what I said? This is also a very contridictory argument for you to make Fel, as I've personally seen you argue tooth and nail against WoW sub numbers being important.

My opinion is that the game is 1000% superior to WoW.

I like you Fel, but even you at some point need to abandon the dumpster fire that is retail WoW. I needed to get into another MMO before I could see just how terrible it was myself.
    of course, but if the game is really 10 times better then wow, then holy shit, FF14 must be bloody fucking amazing!

it has 150 years of content?
    why in your eyes is ff14 1000% better then wow?

And nah i tried ESo i really did, got to max level a few paragon levels in
    tried FF14 for a fair while
    tried rift for a long time
    tried Tera for a long time
    got to max level on guild wars a few times
    played wildstar
    played the FUCK out of swtor, completing almost all of the content before it added expansions (god i spent a whole day doing that one matrix cube where you needed to ride a blimp to get ontop of a sand crawler and kept missing cause lag...)
    went back to play toontown
    went back to play maplestory
    went back to play runescape, and OSRS

none kept me as engaged, with as much content

maplestory almost did, but i was sitting there pressing my 1 massive aoe spell and went "oh yeah..."
    runescape it was when i spent a whole day clicking fish, then running to bank and went "ok 1 more day of this and i should get another fishing level" then i just didnt log back on.
    and many other reasons for the rest

As I said though until Activision are out of the picture (which sadly is unlikely) and Blizzard go back to a studio aiming to please the players and not the shareholders WoW is just going to sink further and further.

I'd be surprised if the game even has 2 million active subs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    FF14 is 1000% superior to WoW at this point, even with it's flaws.
    And yet I am unsubbed because I got all the tomestone gear I needed and burned out on the game. Though I am deeply burned out. I'm not sure if *just* an expansion will do it for me this time. I think I might need 2 expansions at this point, and all the in-between patches, to finally get an interest again. And all that time in-between.

WoW have not played since Cata, but I am interested in resubbing again when Classic hits to relive the memories, and also maybe try to catch up with modern WoW as well and see all the new expansion content that I haven't experienced since Cata. So basically because I have not played WoW in a very long time, I want to play WoW more at the moment, but months ago I probably would have agreed with you that FF14 was superior. I have about 1.5k hours in that game, but my total WoW playtime is something like 10k+ hours.
    Last edited by Akasha64; 2019-03-28 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean hes a high rank mythic player who is in one of the guilds that used to be the most well known for guides.
    you can still find videos of him makign guides on how to speedrun raids, sadly the old elitist jerks guides he made are gone, but some people reuploaded his vids.
    I did watch those videos, his persona and presentation didn't change over time, but they were very dry howto videos so that was fine. Also he wasn't on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I did watch those videos, his persona and presentation didn't change over time, but they were very dry howto videos so that was fine. Also he wasn't on camera.
    I mean he was a lawer world first racer guide writer top teir player... for along time, he then got hired into the game he did all that on, so yeah i think that may be why he comes off smug, years of training

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    You can burn out on both FF14 and WoW. I would not say FF14 is superior, just different. Game also has its issues. I'd probably agree though the devs listen better in FF14, or at least, that's how they portray it to be. Really though, FF14 kind of has the problem of the devs being Japanese, so they don't read their own English forums as much as the Japanese one.
    It makes me wonder why will all virtues they heap onto FF14 and other superior games, why not post on their forums on the positives aspect of those game rather than being all negative about a game they consider inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As if any of the other devs want the job, no matter who does it players will have the same complaints, same questions, and want them replaced after a few months.
    True. It's amazing how negative people are. Ion comes across as and honest fairly well spoken guy. The game obviously is not in a good state right now, but I don't think the Q&A's are that terrible. Ion has answered more than one hard hitting question before (for example, telling us about class design philosophy in an earlier Q&A). I really don't know what you people want answered.

That said, I'd love to see one with a few of the class devs answering questions, similar to how they did the story stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Then you have missed the point of having a Q&A, it should be about getting answers.
    My OP was about freshening up the QAs with new faces, but sure.

- - - Updated - - -

of course, but if the game is really 10 times better then wow, then holy shit, FF14 must be bloody fucking amazing!

it has 150 years of content?
    why in your eyes is ff14 1000% better then wow?

And nah i tried ESo i really did, got to max level a few paragon levels in
    tried FF14 for a fair while
    tried rift for a long time
    tried Tera for a long time
    got to max level on guild wars a few times
    played wildstar
    played the FUCK out of swtor, completing almost all of the content before it added expansions (god i spent a whole day doing that one matrix cube where you needed to ride a blimp to get ontop of a sand crawler and kept missing cause lag...)
    went back to play toontown
    went back to play maplestory
    went back to play runescape, and OSRS

none kept me as engaged, with as much content

maplestory almost did, but i was sitting there pressing my 1 massive aoe spell and went "oh yeah..."
    runescape it was when i spent a whole day clicking fish, then running to bank and went "ok 1 more day of this and i should get another fishing level" then i just didnt log back on.
    and many other reasons for the rest
    All you try to do is prove other peoples opinions wrong. You realize it's an opinion right? We get it, you shill wow, good for you. Other people like to discuss it in other ways.

- - - Updated - - -

you mean liek they have? like how they had holinka oncei n awhile, they recently had a Q&A about the art of the game, and another of quest design?
    Obviously I'm talking about the general QA that is hosted by Ion and Lore. That's literally what the title of the post is. I enjoy the Art QAs. You really like to bullshit yeah? You must have long arms.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-03-28 at 02:54 AM.

Why the "dickbag" CM hasn't been fired yet is beyond me, let alone having him out there as the face of the company during Q&A's. The longer he stays around the more certain I am that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about it's community anymore.

As for Ion I kind of look it at it like a sports team that's been in the gutter for several seasons. After a while you say it's time to move on from your current coach. I think we're well past that point.
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2019-03-28 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

I know people are out for blood but I really don't think Lore or Ion are the problem. Personally I like both, even if I don't agree with their decision-making.

I remember when Lore was a lively and engaging YouTuber. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOq5LPLj50 What I wonder is if Lore regrets his decision to join Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I remember when Lore was a lively and engaging YouTuber. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOq5LPLj50 What I wonder is if Lore regrets his decision to join Blizzard.
    I miss TankSpot.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    My OP was about freshening up the QAs with new faces, but sure.

- - - Updated - - -

All you try to do is prove other peoples opinions wrong. You realize it's an opinion right? We get it, you shill wow, good for you. Other people like to discuss it in other ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously I'm talking about the general QA that is hosted by Ion and Lore. That's literally what the title of the post is. I enjoy the Art QAs. You really like to bullshit yeah? You must have long arms.
    opinions cant be right or wrong
    but opinions can be fact based and those facts can be right or wrong
    i asked you to back up your opinion that "they dont aswer any good questions" but you didnt give me any.. meaning that your opinion is just that, and not based on any fact, I gave you opronunity to give me a fact that "i want them to answer this and they havnt" but you didnt.

and no, i am not long arming, because in OP you said NOTHING about the Art Q&A or the past Q&A's which did have other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Yeah people telling you to quit your job, people calling you a fuckwit, bad as your job, shit, that you need to be fired, homless looking, etc....
    yeah when you get hundreds of those every day it begins to degrade on your mental state.
    i only just started youtube but already feel horrible when i mess something up in one of the vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't.

Before Ion we had someone called Tom Chilton.

You probably are barely familiar with him, since he was extremely quiet and super behind the scenes and led to the xpac called wod, which is still worse than bfa no matter how many people spin wod to have been this fantasy world thats 100x better than bfa.

Ion did what no other could - brought us into a consistent release schedule, and also brought us legion.

Ion needs to stay.

While I can appreciate wanting a bit more charisma on the stream, I'm glad Ion and Lore do those. Personally speaking, I'll sit through the most boring people on earth to give a presentation and answer questions if they can answer the questions, explain why they think the way they do, and are in a position to change things.

That said, I am glad they do mix up the streams.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Maybe its just me.
    It's largely you.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

17,000 posts
    So this is how people get that many posts; defending BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I agree.

Personally, I think Activision / Blizzard need to go on their hands and knees and beg every single person who was on the team back in TBC / WOTLK era to come back to the game because thats when WoW was at its peak. Those people could maybe bring it back up the hill.

Lore / Ion are just the equivalent of wetbread. Look at Ben Brode for an example of someone who brings the hype even when talking out of his behind. Ben Brode didn't say very many useful things but he actually made people happy by his excitement for the game.