View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    More positions being declared. DUP will not back the WA, Vince Cable MP leader of the Lib Dems is saying he wants a PV so I guess that means they will be whipped to vote down the WA and the ERG is split.

So that means the Govt needs significant amounts of rebels from any of the parties for the WA to pass today. Possible but not likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's simple for me. I just look for where our national parties are. The EP factions are the same as they are in Germany, basically. It's even better now, because due to Brexit, a lot of politicians have had exposure. I'm likely to base my choice in the upcoming election on politicians that are primarily not German. Funny, isn't it?
    Voting needs to be made mandatory.

1. Just seen Cabinet minister pointing finger in face of arch-brexiteer, in Commons corridor - 'you're not going to get no deal on the 12th, back it today or this place going to stop it - THAT'S YOUR CHOICE' he shouts - they both walk off shaking their heads.
    Government getting worried? @dribbles getting worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Dominic Raab makes his PM bid by announcing he will be voting for the deal that he resigned over and voted against twice
    How dare you imply that May promising to step down has influenced any of these high profile Brexiteers!

What do you think of Raab out of interest @dribbles, do you prefer Johnson over him? Or is his sweaty thinking face appealing?
    I currently describe high ranking Tories of any flavour as human facsimiles and simulacra. If I was to give the makers of Raab any credit it's that they at least succeeded in making this one look like a real human being.

Dominic Raab is now going to vote for the deal he negotiated, but voted against last November following his resignation.

Tories playing party politics have fucked this country up.

That these despicable people (BJ, Raab, etc.) even consider themselves contenders for PM, is indicative of how utterly morally destitute both they and their party are.

Crunch time, chaps!

Edit... @Dizzeeyooo beat me to it

The EU is playing it's hand and as is par of the course in these negotiations, it's a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fleming on Twitter
    Adam Fleming

@adamfleming
    “We are open to work on a permanent customs union should the UK decide to take this path," says @MichelBarnier in speech in Poland.
    This should kill off a good portion of any of the rebels in the other parties.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the reason it isn't? Remainers do not accept democracy. This is on them.

But thanks for the sentiment, liberation day is coming, soon™
    Wait, isn't your government according to yourself filled with 80% Brexit MPs? How did the 20% manage to stop Brexit from happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Just doing a little math and if the ERG is bottling it entirely and the Cons obey their whip then they need 8 rebels from the other parties. This is looking very close if the Cons manage to unite today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Just doing a little math and if the ERG is bottling it entirely and the Cons obey their whip then they need 8 rebels from the other parties. This is looking very close if the Cons manage to unite today.
    Solid % of ERG are still voting against, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I don't know where you are getting that. Plenty of the ERG saying they won't vote for it. DUP saying no. They are likely to need 40-50 opposition rebels at least.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Voting needs to be made mandatory.
    Ok, but then voting against all parties should actually result in something, like empty seats in parliament or them not having enough actual power to change/create laws because they lack the number of seats needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I don't know where you are getting that. Plenty of the ERG saying they won't vote for it. DUP saying no. They are likely to need 40-50 opposition rebels at least.
    I said if the ERG are bottling it. Current number of actual votes is 643 (650-7 from Sinn Fein), total number of Cons is 314, votes needed to pass is 322, 322-314 is 8.

Now I figure that the ERG works a lot like a clique and all the big boys in it are all swapping their horses. Now you are probably right that the ERG won't be folding entirely but we will see later today I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dominic Raab makes his PM bid by announcing he will be voting for the deal that he resigned over and voted against twice

What do you think of Raab out of interest @dribbles, do you prefer Johnson over him? Or is his sweaty thinking face appealing?
    Raab is ok, Boris would be my preference.

The cards are stacked against us though for this vote with parliament full of remainers. 500ish/650 unrepresentative of the electorate, actively doing all they can to stop Brexit against the will of the people. But the rout begins and a day of reckoning is coming, as this unlucky chap will discover later today. Whatever happens it all points to a general election, when most of those remainer MP's will be removed and consigned to history.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ve-association

Times, as well as MP's, they are a changin eurochums.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Dozens you say? Sounds like the Brexit march.

- - - Updated - - -

Corbyn doing everything he can to unite the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbyn
    'No alternative' to election if no agreement - Corbyn
    The Labour leader had concluded his address with an attack on the government, saying a "botched and half baked Brexit deal like the one before us" would compound the failures of the government.

He says Brexit uncertainty is damaging businesses, investment and jobs "now and in the future" and people's stress was "palpable" across the country.

"I'm convinced a better deal can be negotiated," he says.

"And if members decide, the chance for people to have final say. If we cannot do that on Monday, then I ultimately - and many others would agree with me, see no alternative other than having a general election to decide who rules this country in the future."

May loses again: 344-286

Ah, get ready for EU elections Brits

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Ah, get ready for EU elections Brits
    Have never been more excited to take part in an EU election

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How so?

They won't get an extension past the 12'th unless they come up with something.
    MPs will be on WhatsApp this weekend mustering for Monday to vote in favour of a CU. If they can get a majority for it then that's what we will be putting to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The cards are stacked against us though for this vote with parliament full of remainers. 500ish/650 unrepresentative of the electorate
    You are quite right dribbles. For parliament to be representative Leave should have 171 MPs. 66 million people, 17.4 million voted leave. You do the maths.

You would still lose massively, but you wouldn't be able to argue the maths. Tick tock, almost over now.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How so?

They won't get an extension past the 12'th unless they come up with something.
    I'm confident that the majority against a no-deal brexit will figure out something. CU in this case seems likely.