Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You think Orcs smell worse than Dwarfs? All that booze, mining and that thick beard which no water ever can penetrate? Hahaha...

You can always stay in Silvermoon / Dalaran like 99% of the population in TBC / Wrath. The streets are clean, the Auction house isnt littered with people, you can sit on a park bench and really take in the sky and the skies are off limits so you don't worry about mounts blocking the sun light.

I'm more surprised they can fight side-by-side with Trolls, after hundreds of years warring against them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    You can always stay in Silvermoon / Dalaran like 99% of the population in TBC / Wrath. The streets are clean, the Auction house isnt littered with people, you can sit on a park bench and really take in the sky and the skies are off limits so you don't worry about mounts blocking the sun light.
    Sign me up for a week in Silvermoon, I heard it's really beautiful during this time of year
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm more surprised they can fight side-by-side with Trolls, after hundreds of years warring against them.
    I would say the Darkspear Trolls aren't such an issue as they basically time and time again renounced the traditional Troll values and even reuniting as a global force. Still some hatred exists, and even as recent as MoP, was it shown that Sylvanas still distrusts Trolls as she says she was not going to take orders from a Troll. Yet, Lor'themar doesn't trust Sylvanas and thinks Vol'jin is a good choice. So take that as you will.

As for with the Zandalari, the largest Troll nation in existence? Yeah, seems a little less understandable. The tourist Blood Elves on the pyramid steps get mocked by one of the guards to show their disdain for them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Zandalari start neutral with Silvermoon and Undercity. So the rift is still there, but you're the revered hero so while the average citizen might only tolerate an tentative alliance, you bridge the gap.

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not the Horde

The problem is that you like elves

Darkspear trolls are not the same as the Amani.
    Vol'jin managed to score a meeting with both Halduron and Vereesa to strike at Zul'Aman.
    Lor'themar bowed to Vol'jin.

Clearly, they understand the differences.
    Also, their women are totally after some hot troll action. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    As for with the Zandalari, the largest Troll nation in existence? Yeah, seems a little less understandable. The tourist Blood Elves on the pyramid steps get mocked by one of the guards to show their disdain for them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Zandalari start neutral with Silvermoon and Undercity. .
    Well, if you were a civilized guy with your own unique culture and religion, and then two random tourists were calling your temples "ugly and primitive" you'd be like that too. Regarding the reputation, every horde character starts neutral with both Undercity and Silvermoon.
    Except of course the Forsaken and Blood elves
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2019-03-29 at 01:35 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

They hate the alliance more than the Horde (Garithos and Jaina made sure of that), and they needed allies, thats why. Besides, Blood elves arent nice people, they beat and torture naruu to empower their blood knights and keep leper gnome slaves

They do indeed look out of place, but its an extremely clever move by blizzard, the horde really needed an attractive race, and now its the most played ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, the blood elves are Horde mostly because they have beef with the Alliance. Lor'themar was in talks with Varian to defect when the Dominance Offensive got underway, because Garrosh kept using his people as cannon fodder, but then shit went sideways in Dalaran in such a way that the blood elves (like, the regular Joes in the street) were sure Jaina and the Alliance screwed them. This pushed them back into the Horde, which necessitated Lor'themar finding a big-enough gun that he could discourage Garrosh from getting any funny ideas, hence the anima golems.

And now history repeats itself, only this time Lor'themar is directly looking into finding out how to work this shitstorm to the blood elves' advantage (or at least safety) without looking into defection, because the Purge of Dalaran is still pretty fresh and now the Alliance is taking in exiles in the form of void elves, another sticking point.

As for how the players themselves can deal with it, some folks like the Horde's aesthetic but don't fancy looking at an orc or troll for hundreds of hours, some folks like blood elves and putting up with the Horde was just part of the package deal.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    A better question might be, how can the night elves stand to fight with the humans?

The difference in culture is just as large there, if not larger. It's not like night elves would be keen to view timber houses and cobblestones with any measure of favor.

But of course, what you're really asking is, "why can't I play the pretty race and be surrounded by pretty things?" which is a far cry from actually being rationally objective.
    Treeaboo here

This is a good example. both groups, IMO, are the most outlier parts of their faction. Blizzard does a decent job of writing this IMO, becuase it feels like most of the time the night elves are off taking care of their own thing.

Cataclysm hits, the night elves are pretty much all in hyjal, other groups are teaming up in Twilight highlands etc, but the nelfs are at home doing what they feel is important.
    Legion, the night elves are off in valsharah, again doing their own thing.
    Alliance doesnt want to go back to darkshore just yet? Thats fine, the night elves will do it alone if they have to.

If anything, how do the night elves fight alongside humans? it seems typically they dont.

5+ Year Old Account
    The same way they tolerated resorting to fel energy, working with Forasken, working with Naga, and partnering with Illidan at one point. They needed to survive.

MoP is the expansion they nearly left the Horde, but it was again for survival. The second they were no longer threatened, the idea of leaving never came up again. The BEs will always prioritize their race's future over elvish pride.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. You could argue that the war was against the Amani and not the Darkspear, but after such a history of conflict, there's bound to be some bad blood between the two races.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The problem is not the Horde

The problem is that you like elves

Darkspear trolls are not the same as the Amani.
    Vol'jin managed to score a meeting with both Halduron and Vereesa to strike at Zul'Aman.
    Lor'themar bowed to Vol'jin.

Clearly, they understand the differences.
    Also, their women are totally after some hot troll action. Trust me.

Well, if you were a civilized guy with your own unique culture and religion, and then two random tourists were calling your temples "ugly and primitive" you'd be like that too. Regarding the reputation, every horde character starts neutral with both Undercity and Silvermoon.
    Except of course the Forsaken and Blood elves
    Well, I think it is telling that they are Blood Elves when it could literally be any of the other Horde races. He specifically says "Elves..." too. I would imagine this is done on purpose.

I guess I don't recall other allied races not being friendly with the entire Horde, but I could be wrong. I know the main races start on neutral with the Forsaken and Blood Elves. I think in Classic Forsaken started Neutral with the entire Horde (save themselves), has that changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because Orcs are awesome and I can't stand the Alliance or it's races bar perhaps the Draenei.

Stick with your tree-trolls if you like being a slave to the Humans so much.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-03-29 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldin View Post
    I'm with you, Blood Elfs just dont belong to the Horde. As far as I can recall lore/story till the end of WC3TFT this would never happen. It was just a cheap solution to bring Paladins and something that is not looking ugly to the Horde. Still doesn't fit and doesn't make any sense.

Could go one with "Sunwalkers" and loltroll paladins. /sad
    Horde is the only faction they could belong to.
    Almost all outcasts or otherwise underdog factions joined horde at one point or another.

Blood Elves were abandoned by the alliance and after kaelthas became leader he was also mistreated by an alliance xenophobe commander (in WC3). Its why he joined Illidan, there was noone else... the new horde had not yet been formed. If thrall had been there to recruit them then kael might have never become a villain.

So in short alliance didnt want belves... mainly because the night elves mistrusted them after what happened with well of eternity, blood elves are descendants from highborne... its why they left the kaldorei lands, they were not welcome there because they were part of the elf-faction which almost destroyed the whole world.

Imagine if they tried to join the alliance now, or at any time after third war... tyrande and malfurion with all other night elves would be quite reluctant. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    we just wear nose plugs and spray lots of perfume on them.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I am an elf fan. I have 6 nightelf 120 chars and generally make the transmog look like real kaldorei.
    But I also like blood elves... I create one every x months just to join the rest of the faction and then immediately stop.

1) Oggrimar: how the hell can you live there? I play this game since eu launch and would have prbly stopped years ago when I would log into wow and see this.... "City".
    It is basically a big Campsite with stinky orcs in it. Why do orcs live in tends? How can blood elves live with them in that stinky tends?
    2) Racial aesthetics: look at orcs then look at blood elves - this does not fit, and I don't know a single rpg where nobel high elves team up with stinky barbarian orcs

To sum it up : I would love to play a blood elf but I can't because I need to play horde then :/
    I think if the horde races would not include orcs, trolls and undead and the horde would not be named "horde" but "Outcasts" this "highelfmegathread" would not exist
    1. You can... if you are an Orc or Troll. Im pretty sure a Blood elf "could" too. Its matter of what they are used to and/or willing to put up with. The stereotype (yawn) likely can't because he won't like to. Nothing is stopping him from it.
    2. Essentially that depends how big of a twat you are. Yes, it's another aesthetic... And probably just once removed from bestiality to some elfs. But... you know... im pretty sure most Trolls, Orcs let alone Tauren think the same way about elves. However... just because you fight alongside them you don't have to fuck them. Of course i also know this logic is already to much for a lot of humans facing humans with a different skin tone. Both is kind of a matter of tolerance tho. But yea, im sure most of these races got some weird look on the other. Its almost like those races need different cities... OH WAIT...

3./"To sum it up" I guess thats your problem then. Thing is tho... the Blood/High Elves never had a personal war with the Orcs, they started a conflict with the Amani trolls, but not with the darkspear. Their tolerance for the forsaken is based on Sylvanas before she turned into the bitch-queen and is by now based on peaceful coexistance...

Meanwhile the Alliance screwed them over, didn't move a muscle to help them after former Prince Arthas Menethil hip-thrusted his undead schlong through the Ghostlands (something something feeble human mind) which made them become "Bloodelfs" to remember the fallen, one of their Lords almost made them extinct entirely by using the survivors as canon fodder after having them do all the dirty work and all Kael'Thas got for helping to rescue Tyrande was a nasty look and you guys seriously think Highelfs are particularly logical to exist. Spoler: That highelf-thread is kind of a joke and everyone arguing "The bloodelfs should tots been alliance!" as counter to "The Highelfs are the Bloodelfs now." sort of missed the point in my opinion but im happy for everyone who gets their wish in this game.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2019-03-29 at 02:42 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. You could argue that the war was against the Amani and not the Darkspear, but after such a history of conflict, there's bound to be some bad blood between the two races.
    Well you cant generalize races.... tribes are very different from eachother, they look different and they act different.
    There were 0 darkspears fighting the elves in the second war, only amani forest trolls.

Considering sindorei themselves are being shunned by kaldorei because of what happened in the war of ancients because of the highborne (sindorei are direct descendants from them) i doubt they are going to somehow become "racists" themselves.

I would rather be surprised they are willing to fight side-by-side with orcs, if any other race... the orcs are the ones who helped amani in the second war to wage war against the sindorei. And the skincolor and cultural difference between the orcs of the old horde and the new horde are not as different as darkspears and amani. :P

Ofcourse every good leader knows that the new horde is nothing like the old horde... and the new horde has a troll tribe in it which has never fought other races in the same faction, atleast in the known history and willingly... darkspears were a weak minor tribe before the horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    1. You can...
    Yes the story behind it is totally understandable (ofc it is, it is just mainstream lore made for the masses).
    I just don't understand how bloodelf players can feel any immersion when playing with orcs and living or log in into tends in some desert. It's not about being racist it's about style, aesthetics and immersion.
    Considering this the belfs in the orcish horde make zero sense and you know that. No matter which story they come up with.
    It's like putting undeads, demons and squirrels into a faction with light forged draenei and naaru. Sure you could write some story around it and release some novels people would prbly even buy... It would still make no sense.
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-03-29 at 03:08 PM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

They're horde because the horde playerbase had around 40% of the pop in vanilla so blizz gave them a pretty race to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    They're horde because the horde playerbase had around 40% of the pop in vanilla so blizz gave them a pretty race to fix it.
    And the alliance players been whining ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.