Poll: Would you support Lightbound Undead?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightbound Undead: Like or dislike?

Wowhead posted a really well done April Fools; one of their jokes were Lightbound/forged undead. However, if Blizzard actually did make this race a reality and added them to the Alliance, would you support them or not?
    change can't wait.

No, it would be terrible. What's next? Leper Gnomes for Horde? Lighttouched Elves for Horde? Fel Orcs for Alliance? Darktouched Draenei for Horde? X troll tribe for Alliance? Ugh, this kind of dwindling of faction differences is terrible. More so, it's just ridiculous. "Lightbound UNDEAD".

no, i'm not interested in another race that's basically supposed to just be a power up. a power up doesn't make something a new race, neither lightforged or void elves are a new race, nor highmountain tauren.

it cheapens what this transformation is supposed to be. on argus, a single lightforged was worth 10 normal soldiers. now, you see them just dying like any other fodder to regular soldiers. what then is the point of the power up if they're no longer stronger? same for void elves. what sense does it make for them to undergo this ritual, only to then go off and be a warrior or hunter that uses no shadow in any way? or a monk, or what have you. at least with mages and warlocks, i could see shadow being uses to boost their spells.

these power up races are retarded.

Yes & No.

Yes to lightbound undead.

No to the current undead model to be the base of the lightbound undead. Prefer a new model and a new skeleton, preferably one that isnt curved.

And yes they did a brilliant job. They combined the China undead models, lightforged draenei hair colors and maybe other features, light infused scars, etc. Very convincing and ready to be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, i'm not interested in another race that's basically supposed to just be a power up. a power up doesn't make something a new race, neither lightforged or void elves are a new race, nor highmountain tauren.

it cheapens what this transformation is supposed to be. on argus, a single lightforged was worth 10 normal soldiers. now, you see them just dying like any other fodder to regular soldiers. what then is the point of the power up if they're no longer stronger? same for void elves. what sense does it make for them to undergo this ritual, only to then go off and be a warrior or hunter that uses no shadow in any way? or a monk, or what have you. at least with mages and warlocks, i could see shadow being uses to boost their spells.

these power up races are retarded.
    Yes. I also hate the idea of "slighty changed old race". I overall don't like allied races at all, but they're better if they aren't just powered up old races, it just feels like a total cash-grab.

Hard pass. IMO the only race copy AR that made sense is the Dark Irons, which, of course, actually existed. And which should have been simple barbershop/character creation screen options (along with Wildhammers, which due to this idiotic system, we'll never ever see).

Ye merciful gods i hate the AR system so very much.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2019-04-01 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Hard pass. IMO the only race copy AR that made sense is the Dark Irons, which, of course, actually existed. And which should have been simple barbershop/character creation screen options (along with Wildhammers, which due to this idiotic system, we'll never ever see).

Ye merciful gods i hate the AR system so very much.
    no, things like mag'har and dark iron should be separate, not a barbershop option.

they have separate societies and customs that should be shown.

Obviously NO, who even thought of the idea of making LIGHT UNDEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Obviously NO, who even thought of the idea of making LIGHT UNDEAD.
    Blizzard.

Read the Before the Storm section.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Calia_Menethil

5+ Year Old Account
    No. LF Draenei, VEs and HM Taurens are cheap enough. Imo, if you're going to go balls to the wall with this AR thing, at least put a little more effort in it, as with KTs and Plague-alari Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Lightbound Undead make Void Elves look like the superb idea of the century. So no. Big NO.

they do as of 'before the storm' with calia menethil, and sure the alliance needs a re-use of the undead skelly other then anorexic kultirans.

it also helps to underscore sylvanas' villainy since the very answer to the fear of "burning in hell" problem all undead have has apparently been interrupting bolvar's "snuggling" with aunty ony this whole time.

no, things like mag'har and dark iron should be separate, not a barbershop option.

they have separate societies and customs that should be shown.
    How do you feel about Wildhammer dwarves?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Pretty sure they just used the Chinese models and altered the eye color a bit. I'm not particularly impressed if that's all there was to it.

If Alliance gets Light UD so Horde must get San'layn or Naga

If it was not 1e of april i would dislike the idea.

Altho blizzard has been laying the groundwork for this race when a Naruu ressed an undead what was totally BS if you ask me.

I get where people are coming from when they suggest the groundwork for the idea has been laid, but personally I'm still skeptical the concept is intended to lead to an allied race. It took Anduin, Alonsus, and a naaru to raise Calia in the state she's in. Maybe she can raise others herself? Maybe it'll be like a void elf situation where she remains special while the allied race she ultimately leads to ends up looking pretty different from her.

Either way, I hope light-risen undead don't turn out to be an allied race for either side. I think Blizzard can do better, and I think with the whole, "Light is just as bad as Void" thing they've been pushing lately, Calia could just as well end up being an enemy we fight against later.

I prefer the Pepe goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    How do you feel about Wildhammer dwarves?
    the same way, honestly.

unique culture separate from the ironforge and dark iron.

i'm of the opinion that cultural differences make the race. that's why i'm fine with high elves for alliance, too.

i'm also not specifically against undead for alliance, either. i'm just against another fucking power up race that has no business being treated the same as a normal race.

the same way, honestly.

unique culture separate from the ironforge and dark iron.

i'm of the opinion that cultural differences make the race. that's why i'm fine with high elves for alliance, too.

i'm also not specifically against undead for alliance, either. i'm just against another fucking power up race that has no business being treated the same as a normal race.
    Makes sense to me, I agree.

Highmountain tauren are in something of a tricky spot, because they remind me a lot of Wildhammer, except they have even more going on with their tribes than Wildhammer seem to in total. However, they're also not that different from normal tauren, certainly not enough to justify being a standalone allied race anyway.

Void elves sort of had to be a separate race in order to fit on the Alliance side of the character creation screen, but Lightforged draenei really should have been a race-exclusive quest for normal draenei to embark on. I think it would have been really cool to get to undergo their trials as a normal draenei and come out with unlocked customization choices afterwards.

Blizzard could have very well tried to turn "night warriors" into an allied race, so I like to think they've learned from their experience and player feedback.