Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What’s the worst drama or argument you had in game?

What’s the worst drama or argument you had in a game World of Warcraft or any other game?

Might’ve mentioned this before but I was in a guild on World of Warcraft and the Guild Masters wife slept with the Guild Masters best friend. It was a great guild otherwise before that for a long time, but when the Guild Master found out he snapped especially finding out his wife sent nudies to half the guys in the guild. Lots of drama huge split and lots of screaming in Ventrilo along with a lot of back and fourth pettiness and taking sides.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    We had a husband and wife couple in guild who seemed like really cool people at first. We brought them in on a sort of "trial" raid first to see how well they'd work. They were both decent players, seemed cool enough, and seemed to be a fit, so we invited them to guild.

But it turned out, the husband got VERY upset over just about anything, and especially if you mentioned anything about his wife. And by that, I don't mean anyone said anything inappropriate to her, just normal banter that you hear in any guild chat. For example, one guy in Ventrilo (this was during BC) said something along the lines of "man, your wife is gonna stop healing you if you don't cut out your bullshit and step up your game" during a dungeon run, and this guy freaked out over it. Stuff like that set him off.

Also, when he got super pissed (which happened frequently), he instantly went from a normal, indoor voice to this 500% volume Hulk Hogan "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' BROTHER" voice. We eventually had to gkick him after he went too far with some of the insults and threats. We also had to change the password on our Ventrilo server because he kept coming back in there to yell at us. We didn't kick his wife from guild, but she left on her own a day or so later (no hard feelings there, not gonna fault her for loyalty to her husband). Those two were in the guild for less than a month, I think. I still bumped into them both occasionally for years after that while out questing and such but never really talked to them anymore.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-03 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Got into an argument in WoW about Old God lore with a friend of mine that resulted in them wishing cancer on me.

Used to have two guys in guild quite awhile ago. Player #1 wasn't all that good of a player. I didn't care much for him but he was a nice enough guy that he was tolerated.

Player #2 was decently skilled. Not as good as he thought he was but still capable. He also wasn't afraid to air his opinions of the skill of other players. He said he was just being honest. Others appreciated his blunt honesty. I personally thought he was an asshole.

These two guys would frequently butt heads. One night Player #1 kept on fucking up a farm encounter and Player #2 lost his shit. I suppose this wouldn't be that bad if he didn't threaten #1's kids. Player #2 was promptly kicked from the guild, never to be seen again.

I still raid occasionally with Player #1. Still not very good at the game but raids have 4 difficulty levels nowadays. Doesn't hurt to carry people sometimes.

Not much. I mean I have talked shit from time to time but it always was settled and done by the end of the night. Usually only really fucking sensitive people cause lasting issues in this game. Sure some move on. Others its never the same. But they all just conclude. Nothing really resulted in major damage or falling outs of people, relationships, or communities.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WotLK, when I was in an ICC pug (think it was 10 men) I got a pair of cloth gloves (I main a priest) but there was this shaman healer in the group who simply wanted the gloves at all costs. The gloves were BiS for him (I think) but they were also an upgrade for me so I kept them.

However the guy won't stop whispering me (I could've just /ignored him but I wanted to see how far he wanted to go). First he asked, like lots of times, then insisted that the gloves were way way better for him than for me. Then he started dissing me because of the talents I chosed. He kept whispering me during the fights, non-stop, during all that raid... from asking to begging to pointing out whenever I did some mechanic wrong, saying I had the wrong talents and writing long sentences explaining me why those were the wrong talents, then saying that I had no place in that pug because my performance were hurting the group's progress... note, he wasnt talking to the whole raid or the RL, he just kept whispering me on and on and on and on... Good God.

Like I said I could've just /ignored him, and surely I should've, but I wanted to see how far he would go. Even after the raid had finished he kept whispering. I finally /ignored him and logged off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I love history. A lot. I’m passionate about a few periods of time.

The guild was having a discussion and somehow I brought up that I felt American History was really dry and boring.

It triggered a guildie so bad. This seems to be quite a benign issue but I did succumb to his pig-in-shit levels and called him names. I think it was the culmination of several raid tiers of dealing with his fail ass.

I got gkicked and he got demoted lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    What’s the worst drama or argument you had in a game World of Warcraft or any other game?

Might’ve mentioned this before but I was in a guild on World of Warcraft and the Guild Masters wife slept with the Guild Masters best friend. It was a great guild otherwise before that for a long time, but when the Guild Master found out he snapped especially finding out his wife sent nudies to half the guys in the guild. Lots of drama huge split and lots of screaming in Ventrilo along with a lot of back and fourth pettiness and taking sides.
    Similar thing happened in my first guild,husband and wife as co GM's,wife found husband in bed with one of the guilds officers,the guild pretty much imploded after that.

During Mop, when the timeless isle was around. I had a bunch of friends who would sit on one of the rock outcrops that the seagulls pathed. They would kill the gulls whenever they were carrying a player and make a game of how many people would die from fall damage.

One of my other friends was a victim of this and he went on a HUGE rant how I should get my friends in check and learn to control them. Told him I couldn't do anything, I'm not his parent or responsible for his actions in game. I had no part in it, (I did find it amusing though). He tried to drag other guilds into this concerted effort to report us and try and get us banned (even those who were just friends of the dudes killing gulls, who had no idea what was going on).

This went on for like a year (The grudge, not killing of gulls, he stopped after a week or so). If we entered the same pug raid, he would tell the RL I was a scammer, I was bad at the game, intentionally trying to get me killed. After a while he started being the one removed from pugs and he started to try and find out where I lived, Saying I'm spreading lies, causing him to lose sleep and somehow, I was also responsible for his GF leaving him. (We weren't even in the same country).

I ended up changing to an AUS server eventually to have lower ping during WoD and never heard from him again.

Got really sick around 8 weeks ago and had to leave a M+ early.

Got abused to hell for it and now I'm doing SFA in game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'll always remember because it was so bizarre. It was way back in vanilla right after whatever patch revamped the Timbermaw rep (1.8?). I was finally finishing leveling the first character I rolled in Winterspring and was doing a quest killing furbolgs. Most everybody was grinding rep in Felwood but there was a dwarf priest running around where I was grinding too. He whispered me to invite me to the raid group they had going, I said I was working on a quest and wouldn't get kill credit in a raid group but would join when I was done.

He flipped the fuck out, whispered me a solid several paragraphs of insults and telling me that I had 'no right to quest while we are doing our rep farm as a group' and went on and on about how disrespectful I was. As soon as he was done he put me on ignore so I couldn't respond, so not an argument but definitely some weird drama.

Spent all of BC and a few months of WotLK in very fun, friendly guild. Made my first WoW friends there, and we hung out outside of WoW sometimes. One day, I woke to find that the guild had disbanded without anyone knowing why. Eventually, we found out that the GL's girlfriend/fiancé broke up with him to date the guild's second-in-command. GL quit the guild, gave the SiC guild leadership, and then the SiC kicked everyone else out of it.

Another time, way back in early BC, I was leveling my Ret Pally and trying to find a group for SFK. I found a group... but I was forced to heal... in Ret spec... Dual Specs weren't a thing yet (not that I'd ever play Holy anyways), and Rets only had Healing Touch and Lay on Hands as heals iirc. Anyways, run went mostly smooth, didn't even really pay attention most of the time because the group barely took damage anyways. Come to the final boss, everyone but me dies almost the second the fight started. So I'm soloing the boss, somehow not dying, and the Rouge keeps screaming and cussing at me to use Lay on Hands on him. I get the boss to about 10%... and he resets... Rouge is still screaming and cussing at me, telling me I'm the worst player in the world, and all that. I try to respond to him, only to find he blocked me already...

I actually have a lot of stories like these... one of the main reasons I quit WoW...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    We had a husband and wife couple in guild who seemed like really cool people at first. We brought them in on a sort of "trial" raid first to see how well they'd work. They were both decent players, seemed cool enough, and seemed to be a fit, so we invited them to guild.

But it turned out, the husband got VERY upset over just about anything, and especially if you mentioned anything about his wife. And by that, I don't mean anyone said anything inappropriate to her, just normal banter that you hear in any guild chat. For example, one guy in Ventrilo (this was during BC) said something along the lines of "man, your wife is gonna stop healing you if you don't cut out your bullshit and step up your game" during a dungeon run, and this guy freaked out over it. Stuff like that set him off.

Also, when he got super pissed (which happened frequently), he instantly went from a normal, indoor voice to this 500% volume Hulk Hogan "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' BROTHER" voice. We eventually had to gkick him after he went too far with some of the insults and threats. We also had to change the password on our Ventrilo server because he kept coming back in there to yell at us. We didn't kick his wife from guild, but she left on her own a day or so later (no hard feelings there, not gonna fault her for loyalty to her husband). Those two were in the guild for less than a month, I think. I still bumped into them both occasionally for years after that while out questing and such but never really talked to them anymore.
    Yeah, I don't know what it is or was about wow but yeah, anytime I ran across a couple typically it would be a tank and a priest with a bit of attitude LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Similar thing happened in my first guild,husband and wife as co GM's,wife found husband in bed with one of the guilds officers,the guild pretty much imploded after that.
    Hahaha yeah one of the pitfalls of being in a good guild where all the officers know each other personally, ours ran great until the blow up, then it was a lot of tit for tat ad rumors and eventually in a day people gquit or be promoted then demoted.

I learned my lesson from that
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Self proclaimed gate keeper spent all his time harrassing and bullying everyone in guild, it's just a game toughen up. Except he would harass them in real life as well, caused a divorce if the rumors were true. Didn't hear much after he gutted the guild, made his own and hired the PVP servers biggest asshole to camp everyone in the guild. You know the type, makes ganking video on youtubes blasting Linkin Park. Guild fell apart after I called him out on that in trade, people were like eh just guild sniping happens all the time. But the 'Oh you hired Campy McDipshit master exploiter of lag and cheap tactics to camp your former guild mates?' pretty much killed his rep on the server.

I think everyone that has ever been in a guild has a story like the one in the op.

During BC I was part of a small guild that only had enough people to do 10mans for a while. 10mans meant very limited options in BC, so it was essentially us farming the shit out of Kara and working on ZA. A husband and wife led the guild and they seemed pretty cool for a while: friendly and relaxed with everyone, easy going. We wanted to be serious about raiding, wanted to build a 25man team, so we kept chugging forward: raid start times were fairly strictly enforced with about a five minute grace period in case life happened and people were late. Anything past five minutes and we'd have to replace you with someone else, even if we had to pug someone.

Ultimately the guild fell into disarray because we had plenty of people who didn't want to be a raid guild: some wanted us to be PvP focused, some dungeon only, etc... Our 10man group ended up splitting and joining a larger guild that was already fielding a 25man team to farm Gruul, Mag, SSC, and working on Kael in TK.

Since they already had a 25man team (plus alternates), we ended up forming a rotation list: aside from the strongest players, the core group, everyone else would alternate raids so everyone got a chance. You might not get to do SSC this week, but you would be in next week's group, basically. Sounds fair and reasonable so far, right?

Our husband and wife team from the old guild were routinely late to raids -not five minutes late, or ten, but fifteen minutes or more (an hour late once or twice)- and they would rage hard at being replaced for being late, even though we always did the same thing when they ran things. Often times, the replacement player would gracefully bow out and let them in just to shut them up.

Loot was distributed with an EPGP system, and they would complain if they didn't get a piece they felt they deserved.

They complained about the rotation system: despite being late almost every raid, they felt that they should be part of the core team for progression. They claimed the rotation system was meant to hold them back in favor of the "veteran" members of this guild, even though they routinely sat their own people in favor of these two entitled asshats.

Everything came to a head when a Kara raid was scheduled to help fresh 70s and alts gear up for the big raids, and only three of the experienced raiders were going -one heal, one tank, and one DPS- to carry the group of newbies. One of our older guys, a hunter, had signed up to go just for funsies: he routinely talked about how he had everything from Kara, including pieces he couldn't even use as a hunter, and that he loved the raid. Naturally, since he didn't need anything, he was excluded in favor of the newbies that needed gear and the three vets meant to carry them.

Huntard exploded. Husband and wife exploded with him. All three began screaming bloody murder about how "unfairly" we were being treated since merging in with the other guild.

Our new guildmates attempt to reason with these three, explaining once again why the rotation system exists and that the Kara raid was listed in the calendar from day one as a run aimed at helping new characters gear up, and that new characters had priority because of this.

Oh no, no no no: they weren't having any of this "logic" or "reason." This was pure discrimination!

All three and a couple of others left the guild.

Guildchat was confused: our new guildmates were wondering wtf just happened: the rotation was enforced equally across the board, save for the core progression team, EPGP was fairly distributed, some gear had even been given to them for free to help them catch up to everyone else...

And then I started getting whispers from my old guild leader, telling me to gquit and join them, that we'd just reform our old guild and run nothing but Kara every week like we used to.

I tried to reason with him, get him to calm down, and examine how he was acting.

Suddenly I'm assaulted with accusations of being a "traitor", that I had simply "used" him and the others for months just so I could get my foot in the door of a bigger guild.

Wait, wait, wait: I've had open invites to bigger guilds long before this shit went down on both my main and my secondary alt (I ihave a small army of alts). My secondary, in particular, had managed to get into a few 25man pugs and had been comically overgeared for our Kara group from the day I joined their guild. I stuck with them because I thought they were all cool people, fun to play with and talk to, not for gear.

But the behavior I was seeing now, and what I had seen in the weeks since the merger...these guys clearly weren't who I thought they were.

Still, I apologized and said I would not leave this new guild: I would stay, try and mend things so they could return later if they wanted, and offered to be there to help them in Kara or ZA if they needed me since I wouldn't be running it with this group.

I was cussed out, still called a traitor, and finally put on ignore.

After the freakout, I was kind of worried that this new guild would boot me and any of the others from the merger that remained, but I was quickly assured that I was safe, as was anyone else who wanted to stay. A couple of others quit when they logged in and found out what had happened and only three of us stayed, and that turned out to be the best decision I could have made: these guys were legit cool and relaxed, never freaking out about anything (other than asking a couple of people who kept failing on OS3D in Wrath if they were retarded)... About two weeks after my old guild leader and his cronies had their temper tantrum and left, I found myself promoted to being part of the core progression team and never had to worry about the rotation system again.

Never saw my old guildmates again: I'm not sure if they ever went back to just farming Kara like they said they would or if they all quit and frankly, after how they behaved and how they treated me when I tried to play peacemaker, I can't make myself care what became of them.

I don’t remember, but I am glad I can argue and be competitive in a game. It’s better than being nice and just bad while kids are crying in the background. Adults with real life responsibilities are the bane of gaming.

guy threatened to kill me because i told them i took screenshot evidence of their website and discord and was giving it to blizzard to shut down their illegal sales of raid runs for real money. good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been relatively drama free in my wow time. Most drama I had was in MoP, starting up a new guild. We were raiding ToT and got to lei shen normal. I was progressing on him on heroic on my main and came with some suggestions, gm called me a nub and kicked me. Got invited back like 2 weeks later because everyone else got pissed at the gm so he left, and their other MT got banned for gold buying (I was tanking as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Rome total war,
    Had a friend pretend he died, he faked his death to quit the game.
    I think he was doing his law degree at the time or his gcse? and needed a break (not 100%, it was ages ago, but he is a lawyer now).
    So he had his brother post obituary bios on all the big clan/ community sites.
    The guy was quite active in the community (tournament player/organizer/events/such).
    A real pillar of the community.

So It was quite akward when he came back a year or so later.
    At first he used a fake name obviously, but was not able to hide it for long.
    He played just like he always did. And it didnt help that he also confided the truth to friends that pointed this out.