Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically just the same handful of people that jumped on the bandwagon to hate wow and just blabber anythin some youtubers/streamers say that make money on hating wow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    It's like the people who dislike McDonald's.

Do you just - not go back to McDonald's?

Or do you drive to McDonald's, sit outside the restaurant with a megaphone, and yell and scream about how you don't like it and why other people are dipshits for going there?

If you do the second one, you're a complete fucking moron, yet that's what people think MMO-Champ is for.
    This entire analogy is completely fucking moronic

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Maybe is like going to your favourite resturants of the last 15 years and start complain for things on the menu you don't like? what about this?
    And if people did this, would others consider it to be okay or stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And if people did this, would others consider it to be okay or stupid?
    Ok.

Because if it suddenly serve shit aboutn a plate and you are the only to complain asking for something else while other costumers are laughing at you with their mouth full of shit.

Maybe isn't okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you folks were clearly not around during wotlk and Cata beta times, when we had shit slinging fests about the state of 5 man heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    When people post that they are unhappy with the game... do you post in their threads with an understanding tone?

This game isn't "your" game... it's a game that has been enjoyed at some point by millions upon millions.

Imagine if you logged in one day, and found that much of what you love about WoW was gone, different... and you really was not impressed by what it had become?

A game you have passion for, characters you have played for years... just gone.

I have always felt that the reason the game has "left" so many people, is that players do not stick together. Instead of faulting players who have lost "their game"... ever thought of supporting them? Stand with them and ask Blizzard "Why?" Why are they removing things from an MMORPG? Why can't they leave things in place for those who enjoy them.. and bring new things for others to enjoy?

Because here is the absolute truth... you may still be enthralled with the game. But it will happen... Blizzard will eventually get around to changing things you are passionate about, leaving you with a game you no longer recognize or care to play. And then noone will be there to stand by you... you'll be the "unhappy player" shitting on others' theads.

People who are dissatisfied with the game, and voice their opinions don't do it because they hate the game, they do it because they love the game.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think people hope to experience something that doesn't exist out of their love for the game.

Nothing will ever match your first time trying WoW.
    Not really true considering that a lot of people dislikes BFA but LOVED Legion, so it isn't a nostalgic feeling for everybody.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    There's always been people like this and they've grown louder and louder. Incidentally they always forget about everything once an expac is done and over with for some time. Even BC was trash if you listened to the vocal minority. It's kinda tiresome. Maybe the fans just moved on to someplace else? Not much point in being on a hatesite if you are a fan.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And here is another example. Instead of constructing a coherent argument, this poster has decided to attack. This is common for people who cannot bear to read opposing views.
    You mean the same way you did

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If I was still playing I'd be posting more about how shit the game is by voicing my concerns in frustration, if I was still playing but enjoying I'd be playing the game instead of talking about it.
    Isn't this the core problem?
    When I joined MMOC most people came here to discuss their classes (actual reason I started coming here was the decline/death of EJ) or to discuss various aspects of in-game content. Nowdays people just read discord guides or icy-veins instead, and the ones who come here do so to talk politics, troll or complain. It's a pretty skewed population and imo a very sad development.

If wow was fine, you wouldn't see players complaining all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    It's like the people who dislike McDonald's.

Do you just - not go back to McDonald's?

Or do you drive to McDonald's, sit outside the restaurant with a megaphone, and yell and scream about how you don't like it and why other people are dipshits for going there?

If you do the second one, you're a complete fucking moron, yet that's what people think MMO-Champ is for.
    haha great example. Could not have said it better!

Pro tip: unsub if you are not happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    If wow was fine, you wouldn't see players complaining all the time.
    People have been complaining about wow ever since it launched.

OP, if you are enjoying WoW that's great! Don't worry what other people are doing. Their opinion shouldn't influence your enjoyment. Myself... I'm rather bored with the current raid tier. So I spend my WoW time leveling characters, collecting Battle Pets, collecting toys, collecting transmog... just doing other things than the current raid tier. I rather enjoy island expeditions... the lack of rewards is a bit of a turn off for most people but it's quick dynamic content that changes a bit each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have always felt that the reason the game has "left" so many people, is that players do not stick together. Instead of faulting players who have lost "their game"... ever thought of supporting them? Stand with them and ask Blizzard "Why?" Why are they removing things from an MMORPG? Why can't they leave things in place for those who enjoy them.. and bring new things for others to enjoy?
    Simply put, because the day that WoW stops evolving is the day it dies. WoW has survived for 15 years because it has never stopped changing, because it has been constantly reinventing itself. Now while it is true that every change does risk losing some players, changing nothing guarantees that you're going to lose all players.

It will be interesting to see how long classic lasts with zero changes, but I reckon that after a year or two it will have trouble retaining more than a handful (50-100K) of players. Ironically, the initial success of classic will be because it is something different/new from what WoW has become in the last 15 years.

Anyhow, I am tired of useless arguments by people with poor analytical/critical thinking skills rehashing the same rubbish over and over again on this site. Discussing issues with the game and why someone doesn't like it is fine - that's the whole point of a game discussion forum. But lately it's just the same toxic people who aren't here to have rational discussion, they're just here with an agenda to shit on the game in the hopes that they can punish Blizzard by spreading negativity and getting people to leave the game. It's quite pathetic actually.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "People are really passionate about this game", so they became critical and expect the best of it always.

You still can get a lot of WoW related content here, but the amount of unsatisfied people surpasses the amount of satisfied so this is bound to happen.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Discussing issues with the game and why someone doesn't like it is fine - that's the whole point of a game discussion forum. But lately it's just the same toxic people who aren't here to have rational discussion, they're just here with an agenda to shit on the game in the hopes that they can punish Blizzard by spreading negativity and getting people to leave the game. It's quite pathetic actually.

Yeah, becasue talking about strategy in a mindnumbingly easy game anymore is going to happen. No hit, defense, spell hit... no tier.

Just "Hey man... what the best gearing for my "XX class"?

The only answer current WW can offer is: "More."

The game has changed for the worse... to suggest it's why WoW has survived this long is simply wrong. It has lasted this long because people loved the game that much... that they were willing to put up with the crap design for many years in hopes it would get better.

And now it is... with Classic. If you prefer live... you have it... eat it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, becasue talking about strategy in a mindnumbingly easy game anymore is going to happen. No hit, defense, spell hit... no tier.

Just "Hey man... what the best gearing for my "XX class"?

The only answer current WW can offer is: "More."

The game has changed for the worse... to suggest it's why WoW has survived this long is simply wrong. It has lasted this long because people loved the game that much... that they were willing to put up with the crap design for many years in hopes it would get better.

You are the very example of what Raelbo said.

We understand, you want to push your Classic agenda, you love Classic - we can see it in your sig, brilliant - you are getting it. Can you chill with forcing your "Vanilla is best" crap in every last thread? This is simply some sort of obsession at this point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game has changed for the worse... to suggest it's why WoW has survived this long is simply wrong.
    No. You're wrong!

(when I mentioned "people with poor analytical/critical thinking skills rehashing the same rubbish over and over again" - this is exactly the kind of "debate" I was referring to).

It has lasted this long because people loved the game that much... that they were willing to put up with the crap design for many years in hopes it would get better.
    It's awsome that you feel so confident to speak for other people. Personally it seems very odd to me that people would spend 13 years on a game that they once enjoyed hoping it will improve. Surely it makes far more sense that people would be playing the game because, by and large, they actually still like the game?

Of course WoW has had its ups and downs. Some expansions have been better than others. Some features have worked out better than others. But overall I think the game is a much better product now than it was at launch. I think it's just hard for some people to recognise that because we as players have also evolved along with our expectations.

Well I am glad for people who want it that they're giving you classic. Personally I think that people are going to realise after a short while that the idea of going back to the glory days is far more appealling than the actual experience. I guess we'll see. There's good reason to believe that a lot of people will be drawn to try out classic. But I cannot see that appeal lasting more than a year or so before those still playing classic are reduced to a relatively small group of diehards

5+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the Lore which I think is a dumpster fire currently, I quite enjoy the game! Have yet to run out of things to do and been enjoying myself, but yet again, I play mostly because it's relaxing to me. The only time I stopped playing for long was during WoD because I grew a little bored and some during Legion because I was busy with college.