Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly i can't wait till something really mundane, like eating bread will be deemed a white supremacy symbol. Would create wonderful awkward social situation.
    It's already been done. 4chan trolled the Far-Left isn't thinking drinking milk was an act of "White Nationalism", because milk is white. We've already peaked at just how fucking moronic these people are...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Awesome idea very proud of Blizzard for this.
    Please clap. Oh wait, clapping is aggressive, and an act "Ableism" and "White Supremacy".

Please snap your fingers. Oh wait, snapping your fingers is also "Ableist" because some people don't have fingers...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone said in the comments

Hitler was evil.
    Hitler had a dog.
    All dogs should be banned.
    Just wait, next hunters will have to give up hati because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    It's already been done. 4chan trolled the Far-Left isn't thinking drinking milk was an act of "White Nationalism", because milk is white. We've already peaked at just how fucking moronic these people are...
    Reminds me of this 90s ad campaign.

#boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Just wait, next hunters will have to give up hati because of this.
    Soon they'll end up just removing the Hunter class entirely, because [Insert Mental Gymnastics Here] they could be "linked" to "White Nationalism"...

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Please clap. Oh wait, clapping is aggressive, and an act "Ableism" and "White Supremacy".

Please snap your fingers. Oh wait, snapping your fingers is also "Ableist" because some people don't have fingers...
    Nope this was cooked up and adopted by White Supremacist Alt-Right. I’d blame the people that thought it would be funny to encourage that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Lol next step is for the NBA to ban Steph Curry for using the ok symbol when he gets a three pointer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope this was cooked up and adopted by White Supremacist Alt-Right. I’d blame the people that thought it would be funny to encourage that.
    No, it wasn't. I was lurking on /pol/ around when this happened, and it was more than obvious that the intention was to prove just how gullible you people are. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that the milk thing, along with the "okay" symbol, was nothing more than blatant shitposting. 4chan often does these troll campaigns all the time. But you people continuously fall for it, because you're so pathetically desperate to validate your stupid delusional rhetoric that everything is somehow "racist".

This "co-opting" narrative is such a load of shit. Just because someone does something, doesn't mean they magically own it. By your logic, that could apply to literally everything, and everything should be banned. I expect you're planning on boycotting air and water, because White Nationalists also breath air and drink water....
    Last edited by Synros; 2019-04-07 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard falls for obvious troll, not surprised. SJW cancer has been taking over gaming development for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Ridiculous...

Come on. It's not a white power symbol. Even if some assholes try to co-opt is as one just DONT GIVE THEM THAT POWER. It means okay. It means approval. It's a positive gesture.
    Its not co-opting. Its once again 4chans /pol/ board playing the modern day Tipper Gores into falling for their ruses. Again. Just like "operation freebleed" convinced a massive amount of people on tumblr that tampons were mysoginistic and letting your period run down your leg in public was a symbol of feminist warrior women pride or starving yourself till your bikini is held up only by your skeletal hip bones in "operation bikini bridge" these guys always take easily impressionable people and play them for puppets.

I mean shit ANTIFA was their idea that just got way out of hand with its cult like behaviour, con a bunch of easily influenced and scared millenials into proudly labelling themselves ANTI First Amendment to act out as facist/authoritarian masked, violent mobs and not even realising it was some bored assholes on an imageboard proving how easily people can be tricked online because for some reason people will believe anything if its written down on the internet.

I haven't browsed 4chan since like 2008 but last i saw the current gag was to make the a-ok symbol mean white power, thumbs up to mean "14 words" whatever that means, no doubt something related to the nazis knowing /pol/ and handshakes to be the whole "T posing is toxic male dominance" all over again. Its one long social prank to push the levels of "i wouldn't want to appear as part of THE OTHER in my totally binary world view" to absurd new levels and these people are so afraid of being called what they call everyone else that they just keep falling for it.

Shit before the whole trophy for participation generations "yes our college has an excellent social studies degrees and cry rooms with blankets and play doh" total deconstruction of the term Liberal into "right, because i say so" i've always considered myself liberal enough for the /pol/ crowd to call me a "leftist faggot" but the people falling for this shit are like that south park sketch where people literally bury their heads in sand. You can't live your life permanently trying to damage control your life like a videogame hotfix to preemptively avoid offence. Saying gay people are fine and shouldn't be stoned to death is an offensive idea to entire countries to this day but i'm not going to give a fuck about saying it to them.

This is absurdity and that crazy asshole shooter doing it in court the other day only proves that the left leaning side of our society is tearing itself down into a spineless mass by treating every bloody thing like Voldemort.

But i guess /pol/ gets their laugh at "Blizzcucks" again.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-04-07 at 08:33 PM.

No, it wasn't. I was lurking on /pol/ around when this happened, and it was more than obvious that the intention was to prove just how gullible you people are. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that the milk thing, along with the "okay" symbol, was nothing more than blatant shitposting. 4chan often does these troll campaigns all the time. But you people continuously fall for it, because you're so pathetically desperate to validate your stupid delusional rhetoric that everything is somehow "racist".
    And beyond that, even if it was adopted by the alt-right or whoeverthefuck, a symbol can only have the power people give it. If people refuse to see something as racist or whatever, it'll never be racist.

Like the trihard thing, because people continue to call it a "racist emote" it continues to have power as a "racist emote"

I fucking love 4chan for this trolls. It shows how stupid our society is nowadays, censoring everything that might hurt someone's feelings. I wonder when this nonsense is gonna end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And beyond that, even if it was adopted by the alt-right or whoeverthefuck, a symbol can only have the power people give it. If people refuse to see something as racist or whatever, it'll never be racist.

Like the trihard thing, because people continue to call it a "racist emote" it continues to have power as a "racist emote"
    That's the irony of modern "Social Justice". In their attempts to "stop" racism (which is a load of shit because they've proven time and time again that they are extremely racist themselves), they give racism more power by associating literally everything to it.

That's the irony of modern "Social Justice". In their attempts to "stop" racism (which is a load of shit because they've proven time and time again that they are extremely racist themselves), they give racism more power by associating literally everything to it.
    Yup, and it's almost never someone who actually could ever be affected by racism... it's usually white people calling shit racist.

I've have many a black friend in the past and they'd just laugh at this stupid shit.

I'm not surprised this moronic company fell for this, it's what happens when most of your staff are snowflakes, just look at how some of them post on twitter, it's a miracle they can even tie their own shoe laces.

10+ Year Old Account

This "co-opting" narrative is such a load of shit. Just because someone does something, doesn't mean they magically own it. By your logic, that could apply to literally everything, and everything should be banned. I expect you're planning on boycotting air and water, because White Nationalists also breath air and drink water....
    It’s not it just backfired spectacularly so now you are crying because people took it seriously. Again nobody to blame but those that thought it was funny who cares what they think now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I fucking love 4chan for this trolls. It shows how stupid our society is nowadays, censoring everything that might hurt someone's feelings. I wonder when this nonsense is gonna end.
    Unfortunately it's only going to get worse, because they've manipulated and harassed their way into positions of power that extremist ideologies like them should never hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Same opinion.

Its getting worse and worse...it spreads like never.

Glad there still are some people that think the same.

I dunno where we are going, sometimes i feel like im in zombie movie.

The New Zealand shooter also breathed air and drank water. Should we blame and ban those too?... Get the fuck outta here with your strawmans.
    So much this ^^

What stupid shooters do is irrelevant. Changing our lifestyle because of them is giving them power they don't have.

The longest con 4chan ever pulled off was convincing a generation that liberal means being a close minded, authoritarian, pro censorship, pro violence hypocrite while still being "the good guys" because you call yourself liberal while having no fucking clue what the term means. But when people try to reduce something as complex as politics down to coke vs pepsi level choices its real easy to convince people they are the resistance fighting the forever culture war and everyone else is literally hitler i suppose. No wonder the actual right wing neo nazis are getting brave again, this is the most spineless and disorganised any opposition to their abhorrent bullshit has been since the 1960's

Why is the internet so fucking dumb. IT'S AN OKAY SYMBOL JESUS CHRIST.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The "okay" sign has become a symbol that white supremacists use to recognise and signal each other.
    No, 4chan's /pol/ created numerous fake twitter accounts to associate the most mundane and common (but not TOO common) hand symbol they could think of with white supremacy, and everyone ate it right the fuck up because being outraged all the time is addictive and makes bored people feel like there is something going on in their lives.

They've also done it with Pepe and attempted to do it with milk, the trash dove emote set from Facebook, pewdiepie and most recently: clowns! Once clowns have been successfully tabooed, they'll move onto something else.

The whole point to all of this is to take common place or popular objects, items and gestures and get as many morons as possible to believe a massive, unseen and sinister force is using the object in secret to further their evil agendas. Then, this popular or common thing gets banned all over the place because companies and businesses don't want to deal with public backlash.

Do you know why this is done? Because it pisses off the general public who are out of the loop when completely random and often popular things in their lives get banned due to a negative association that isn't at ALL obvious. Do you know why this is the goal?

Because the more normal, run of the mill people you piss off by taking away mundane stuff they enjoy, the more they dislike what takes it away from them - and it's always the left that is going to be doing the "taking away."

TL;DR - They're literally farming outrage from the left by framing commonplace things as white nationalist in order to cause the general public to get fed up with the left and begin to lean right. You're being manipulated into taking away harmless stuff from normal people, so said normal people get mad at you and eventually agree with the right.

It's called breadcrumbing, and I can guarantee by the end of the US election in 2020 you'll see another seemingly random noun become magically associated with evil and more regular people turn on the "SJWs" who ruined their noun.

EDIT: Here's an example right on this page: Doctor Amadeus is CONVINCED the okay symbol was actually being used by white supremacists to signal one another and happily enjoys that it is now taboo by Blizzard, and Synros is getting increasingly frustrated that if he used the okay symbol, it would be evidence that he's a white nationalist. Do you think this interaction may damage Synros' ability to take Doctor Amadeus (or any other person) seriously if he were to identify an actual white nationalist?

This exactly the kind of interaction that's intended.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2019-04-07 at 09:03 PM.