View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
1201. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

609 50.71%
  • Necromancer

167 13.91%
  • Dark Ranger

180 14.99%
  • Bard

86 7.16%
  • Warden

24 2.00%
  • Spellbreaker

33 2.75%
  • Dragonsworn

61 5.08%
  • Timewalker

41 3.41%
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We got a shit pile of new races may as well add 2-3 classes to compensate eh?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Depends of theme of expansion, to be honest. Probably Necromancer for Scourge 2.0 or Tinker for more Titan theme expac. No idea what class would fit if 9.0 will be Black Empire.

For sure I wouldn't expect something like Dragonsworn or Spellbreaker. New class must be really grounded in lore and catch people's attention from the start. I think they rather want "hell yeah! finally" reaction than "huh? the hell is that?". Especially after Monk fiasco (don't get me wrong, class is great, but is least popular for a reason).

I have strange feeling that you would be one of first to bitch if they wouldn't announce new class on Blizzcon.
    Tbh no dont want to be rude, but this is obvious thinking something we did all those years with fanexpansions and ideas people csme up with. Southsea, void expansion etc etc. In the end none of these things lined up or happend.
    I think neither will be a thing, but if they go that course it will be expanding the whole mechanon thing and add those.mechagnomes as an allied race on the way there and with the new expansion tinker will be a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    We were talking about classes though.
    Ye but you can add a new race and a class tied to that.

I mean they did with Pala Shaman in TBC.

DH with Belf Nelf only.

I mean there isn't really a huge issue in adding a new allied race for both plus a tied class.

People didn't bother when they added a shitty fat human race, I don't see how they could be mad for a new race plus new class for that race only

Tinker and Necromancer sound like ranged classes, so no cigar.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Tinker and Necromancer sound like ranged classes, so no cigar.
    Tinker in War3 did both melee and ranged abilities so we can still have a trifecta like druid.

Melee Tank

Ranged DPS

Healer

Or even a quadrifecta with

Melee DPS

But if we look at the lazy 2 spec for DH job they did....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Unholy DK is a Demo Lock / Bestmaster Hunter but UNHOLY/Death School

Demo Lock are a Beastmaster Caster with Shadow School or a Cloth Ranged DK

I mean the core is always the same : Class With Pets.

Just like Dark Ranger is still a MM Hunter with 2-3 Shadow Spell due to begin undead
    That is true. However thinking back to more traditional DnD rpg routes (not saying WoW should follow this logic), some classes are considered a mix of 2 main others and have similar spells on a lesser scale.

EQ1 had a similar approach
    Paladins are Warrior / Priests
    Shadow Knights are Warrior / Necromancers
    Rangers are Rogue / Druids
    Beastmasters are Rogue / Shamans

Etc.

Taking this approach it wouldnt be a bad thing to make a necromancer class with a full arsenal of debuffs, drain heals, death spells and pets, and having deathknights "borrow" some of these spells with a lesser power and maybe a slightly different effect.

i.e While necromancers can use their death magic to heal allies, dks can only use it for self healing or while necromancers can have permanent ghouls / pets a dk can only temporarily raise a minion.

Same approach couls have been followed with locks and dh. A demon lock couls perhaps had a permanent demon form (ala shadow priest surrender to madness) while dh could have had the small duration form.

I so believe having some overlap will greatly increase what classes can offer.

You want a debuff in the raid? Get a necro who will weaken enemies etc. Dont have one? Get a dk who has some lesser strengthed debuffs but can act as a off tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Tbh no dont want to be rude, but this is obvious thinking something we did all those years with fanexpansions and ideas people csme up with. Southsea, void expansion etc etc. In the end none of these things lined up or happend.
    I think neither will be a thing, but if they go that course it will be expanding the whole mechanon thing and add those.mechagnomes as an allied race on the way there and with the new expansion tinker will be a new class.
    One expansion concept that's been floating around is the idea of an expansion where we go underground to the heart of Azeroth to fight N'Zoth and save the planet from destruction. In that expansion, you could definitely bring in a Tinker class, due to the technology needed for tunneling into the planet, and Undermine.

That can be done as allied race for both faction without any huge issue.
    The problem with this idea is that virtually all forms of the spells they would use are already things with other classes. Additionally, if "Firelord" is the class, what specs do you have? Fire, Immolation and Burning? I mean, there are only so many things you can do with Fire. Yes, it can be called a "purifying" force in some senses, but within the game, it cannot really function as anything but DPS. And then you get into the spot that Hunters and Rogues were in for a long while, where every spec felt virtually the same.

As for having an elemental race, the problem here is that either a) you have them being a specific element, meaning they are class/role locked because again, Fire is DPS, Water is healing, Earth would be tanking, etc which makes it difficult for them to really have any options with the added issue of them looking like elementals and thus, Armor would be 100% wasted on their models or b) you have them looking somewhat human-ish in which case they basically appear and seem to function more like Shaman anyway. There isn't a way to do it without really making no sense. If they were doing something like certain other MMOs do where they greatly restriction race/class combos, like TERA and several others did, then maybe you could get away with it, but in WoW, it just doesn't really fit.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Tinker or Dark Ranger. The two most realistic choices
    True, that being that we got hints for both of them. What will happen if we get both next expansion? World will explode pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    That is true. However thinking back to more traditional DnD rpg routes (not saying WoW should follow this logic), some classes are considered a mix of 2 main others and have similar spells on a lesser scale.

EQ1 had a similar approach
    Paladins are Warrior / Priests
    Shadow Knights are Warrior / Necromancers
    Rangers are Rogue / Druids
    Beastmasters are Rogue / Shamans

Etc.

Taking this approach it wouldnt be a bad thing to make a necromancer class with a full arsenal of debuffs, drain heals, death spells and pets, and having deathknights "borrow" some of these spells with a lesser power and maybe a slightly different effect.

i.e While necromancers can use their death magic to heal allies, dks can only use it for self healing or while necromancers can have permanent ghouls / pets a dk can only temporarily raise a minion.

Same approach couls have been followed with locks and dh. A demon lock couls perhaps had a permanent demon form (ala shadow priest surrender to madness) while dh could have had the small duration form.

I so believe having some overlap will greatly increase what classes can offer.

You want a debuff in the raid? Get a necro who will weaken enemies etc. Dont have one? Get a dk who has some lesser strengthed debuffs but can act as a off tank.
    Unfortunately that approach was still manageable between Vanilla-Cata with talents tree and class with stance/aura.

But rn with massive prune, homogenisation of classes etc etc is pretty hard if not impossible to make a mix of 2 classes.

You have to condense core mechanics within like 5 buttons xd

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    True, that being that we got hints for both of them. What will happen if we get both next expansion? World will explode pretty much.
    Especially because Horde will get 2 classes while Alliance 1

Since so many voted tinker. What indication do we have for tinker will be the next class? So far I've only heard about a book referencing it during a mission. Which I find is pretty weak considering you are stealing plans and trying to fix gallywix's gmod during his and mekkatorques quest line.

Since so many voted tinker. What indication do we have for tinker will be the next class? So far I've only heard about a book referencing it during a mission. Which I find is pretty weak considering you are stealing plans and trying to fix gallywix's gmod during his and mekkatorques quest line.
    Mechagon
    Mekkatorque as Boss
    GMOD Mount
    Scrapper made by 2 engineers NPC
    Gazlowe/Blade Edge Gnome as mini-boss in IE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    One expansion concept that's been floating around is the idea of an expansion where we go underground to the heart of Azeroth to fight N'Zoth and save the planet from destruction. In that expansion, you could definitely bring in a Tinker class, due to the technology needed for tunneling into the planet, and Undermine.
    I mean yea that is probably one of them, but I mean that first bit sounds like something we might do or not do this expansion or if it all all. I mean that is the story we are in right now except for Undermine that place would be cool to visit in the future, but be about the goblin cartrels.
    For now.. if Tinker will be a thing in the future, they will probably take the mechagon thing and expand, I mean there isnt realy more much to it right? Mechagon is all what you need to explain that class imo.

I hope Dark ranger will make it, sounds way cooler imho.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2019-04-08 at 02:42 PM.

Mechagon
    Mekkatorque as Boss
    GMOD Mount
    Scrapper made by 2 engineers NPC
    Gazlowe/Blade Edge Gnome as mini-boss in IE
    Dont see how that relates to a tinker class being created.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Island Expedition Tinkers (with Gazlowe's abilities from HotS)
    2. 7th Legion and Gnomeregan Tinkers
    3. Blackfuse, Gelbin, Galliwyx, and Gazlowe all piloting mechs
    4. Mechagon
    5. Tinker being a WC3 hero unit

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    This is the position Monk was in prior to MoP. Chen Stormstout was the only one (and even he was a Brewmaster, not a monk, they just turned Brewmaster into a type of Monk).

People suggested it because it was a fairly common thing in RPGs despite having no real basis in WoW. And eventually Blizzard obliged.
    Monk fit very well with the MoP design. There isn't going to be an expansion where we suddenly find a ton of tinkers that have been hidden from the world.

So why asking if you can't understand?

All of those things contribute to the lore around Tinkers existing, that they are a part of the world and that they are much more fleshed out than simply a statement of "some folks use mechanical stuff." The teams in the Islands really show that they are fleshing out potential abilities, "specs", roles, etc that could be easily adapted into a full class. Mekkatorque has abilities that, to a lesser degree, could be adapted into player class abilities.

Additionally, Mekkatorque alone being a more prominent part and his death could spark a response of a "The High Tinker has perished. We need more Tinkers to heed the call and join us in avenging our King!" kind of call to action for the Gnomes, while the Goblins would see them mobilizing and train more in response. Thus, both races would have them. Add in Dwarves and Vulpera, maybe Dark Iron and maybe Mag'har (Iron Horde esque), and you have a bunch of races that could then become Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Lol you are so incorrect its not even funny.
    Since war3 and wow vanilla there have been tons of either heroes, npcs or quests where you fight against or use shredders or whatever other high tech laser tesla-coil missile launching robotics.

Just to mention gnomeregan and everything inside it as a source for tinker lore and info.
    That is even without mentioning what goblins have created or the engineers of many other factions like Ulduar.
    Uh. No. Sorry. You're really really grasping at straws here. A peon in a shredder, is not a tinker like people are describing it. Not even close. Using a machine that just whields a spinning blade, doesn't create or mean it will be a class. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because they have been spaming forums with this idiotic idea for past 10 years

idea that looks bad even on paper and implementation of this would be a nightmare in game

but they will still post the same shit forever.
    Yeah tell me about it. Every time I see people mention tinker, I just want to barf. If this is where Blizzard thinks the player base wants to be? The LEAST played races given a new class option... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.