Page 1 of 3
LastLast

It's looking like Nazjatar for the horde, Mechagon for the alliance

After seeing the video, if I were to split the new zones like the first 2 continents were split, it is obvious Mechagon is the alliance zone, and Nazjatar is the horde one. I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler.

I keep getting the annoying sinking feeling, more night elf lore and elven stuff is being shunted to the horde or representing the horde and away from the night elves - but i'm being greedy because at least we are getting elven stuff, night elf stuff too, even if it is going in the horde direction more and more - having it is way better than the huge night elf drought from classic to legion - with cataclysm being the only time they got new stuff (like every classic race did).

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar I feel is going to be more focused towards the horde. 3 allied races in the Gilbins, Makura and Sea Giants (which were previously a night elf alliance thing) is an incredible combo, and I feel just one group for the alliance feels a bit lesser - but some may feel this is made up for in Mechagon - I disagree, Mechagon sorta makes up for the disproportionate goblin representation since cataclysm, and should not be viewed as an alliance consolation for the horde featuring and Starring in Naz'jatar .. if anyone felt so.

I call it now, I'm willing to wager if we get a new playable race/allied race heading into 9.0 based on this, it will be Naga or a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. While it should Night elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde. - an extraordinary leap, but this is how these things start.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-04-11 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    After seeing the video, I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar is going to be for the horde.

I call it now, Naga a playable race in 9.0 or you get a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. NNight elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde.
    ??????????????????

How do you always come to these stupid conclusions?

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the video, I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar is going to be for the horde.

I call it now, Naga a playable race in 9.0 or you get a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. NNight elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde.
    Reaching: The thread.

It seems you are making illogical conclusions just to the stir the pot, and in doing so just make yourself look foolish.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

You're siding with everything but naga, and your conclusion is "Oh naga next horde race !" ? Don't want to be insulting, but that's some messed up thinking.

10+ Year Old Account

You are reaching again, and seeing patterns where none exist.

If anything from Nazjatar is going to become an Allied race, it's going to be the Ankoan, the guys who help the Alliance.

And we will get a strong sign of that next week once we get their models.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

If anything from Nazjatar is going to become an Allied race, it's going to be the Ankoan, the guys who help the Alliance.

Doubt it, the Gilbin would be an allied race. The Ankoran would be a full new race, not an allied race. An allied race would be if the naga gained an elf form for example.

But yes, I am reaching, i'm calling on something I feel will happen, and it has no real evidence or proof or indication - except a feeling that more night elf stuff will go horde. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing compared to no night elf stuff appearing again. However it would be better if the alliance night elves got most of their stuff back and added to them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the video, if I were to split the new zones like the first 2 continents were split, it is obvious Mechagon is the alliance zone, and Nazjatar is the horde one. I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler.

I keep getting the annoying sinking feeling, more night elf lore and elven stuff is being shunted to the horde or representing the horde and away from the night elves - but i'm being greedy because at least we are getting elven stuff, night elf stuff too, even if it is going in the horde direction more and more - having it is way better than the huge night elf drought from classic to legion - with cataclysm being the only time they got new stuff (like every classic race did).

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar I feel is going to be more focused towards the horde. 3 allied races in the Gilbins, Makura and Sea Giants (which were previously a night elf alliance thing) is an incredible combo, and I feel just one group for the alliance feels a bit lesser - but some may feel this is made up for in Mechagon - I disagree, Mechagon sorta makes up for the disproportionate goblin representation since cataclysm, and should not be viewed as an alliance consolation for the horde featuring and Starring in Naz'jatar .. if anyone felt so.

I call it now, I'm willing to wager if we get a new playable race/allied race heading into 9.0 based on this, it will be Naga or a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. While it should Night elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde. - an extraordinary leap, but this is how these things start.
    Do you intentionally make stupid threads, or do you walk around this retarded all the time?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    We go to najatar to kill naga, naga must be definitly be next race.... wait what.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If naga ever do become playable I have a feeling they'd be neutral (if factions even exist by the time they're introduced). They're just too unique and have been requested by so many people that there's no equivalent they could give to the faction that doesn't get them. Not to mention they'd take more work than a bipedal race which may mean they could only do one new race for that expansion anyway.

Doubt it, the Gilbin would be an allied race. The Ankoran would be a full new race, not an allied race. An allied race would be if the naga gained an elf form for example.
    Ankoan are a "new" race but not really if they used an existing animation rig like the other ARs do. We haven't seen them yet, and the older Jinyu used Night Elf animations.

"New Race" = new animations and not a subrace, that's all there is to it now.

Vulpera = not a subrace, but shared animations (considering goblins are getting reworked), AR
    Kul Tiran = subrace, but new animations
    Mechagnomes = subrace, and shared animations
    Velf = subrace, and shared animations
    etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

They already said when they first talked about 8.2 that the Ankoan are nearly extinct in order to quash any rumors of them ever being an allied race. We're basically helping the very last of them get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They already said when they first talked about 8.2 that the Ankoan are nearly extinct in order to quash any rumors of them ever being an allied race. We're basically helping the very last of them get revenge.
    Except the population answer was never a legitimate reason, considering they said the Velf population is very small ("a crack team").

They are lying for TWIST purposes, they knew everyone would discredit them as an AR as soon as they said that. Actually they're not lying: they could very well have a tiny population but it just doesn't matter. We'll see next week when they have female models (which Jinyu currently lack).

7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of OP reaching like OP typically does with many, many outlandish claims... it is something to discuss that certain races being introduced in 8.2.0 may end up being playable.

15+ Year Old Account
    And when we defeat the naga they will be able to flourish once again...

First of all I do not think they add more elves.

now about what we will see both in nazjatar and in mechagon it can be said that perhaps mechagon is more centered alliance without a doubt mechagnome will be the allied gnome race. but we also know that the goblins will be involved!
    about nazjatar we know that lorthemar will be involved what is right maybe from your perspective everything will be elf of the night but remember the blood elves are the zinazshari highborne who rebelled against azshara, the blood elves must also have an interest in that place. but for me there is no doubt that the alliance will have a very important participation!

my thoughts on how the story should develop in zinazshari is similar to suramar, the elves unite to defeat their common enemy! I hope to see the leaders of the elves of the alliance and the horde gathered in zin azshari and that the ancient capital be a sanctuary for all the elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    And when we defeat the naga they will be able to flourish once again...
    Or completely die off over the course of the story of Nazjatar.

To me this feels like an Alliance patch all the way. Like the last Legion patch. With focus on Alliance races.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or completely die off over the course of the story of Nazjatar.
    Yes, sure, the questline that will see you gradually taking control of Nazjatar and leveling up your new allies with the buddy system or whatever it was called will definitely see every last one of your new allies in the new reputation faction dying. Makes total sense. The new rep totally won't be tied to a future Allied Race, that wouldn't make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, sure, the questline that will see you gradually taking control of Nazjatar and leveling up your new allies with the buddy system or whatever it was called will definitely see every last one of your new allies in the new reputation faction dying. Makes total sense. The new rep totally won't be tied to a future Allied Race, that wouldn't make sense at all.
    Except, they're not an actual faction at all. Blizzard said they'd be a small group that you'd be aiding. Never once said anything about building rep with them.