Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Horde Lor’themar and Nathanos at the forefront in 8.2

Who’s ready to see the best 2 Horde characters in 8.2 work together?
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if they'll change how they direct Lor's VA since his model updated. The high pitched nasal tone doesn't really fit his new grizzled features.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Ugh, more of Danuser self-insert. I'd rather have Sylvanas' fanboy replaced by Thalyssra or Rommath.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Ugh, more of Danuser self-insert. I'd rather have Sylvanas' fanboy replaced by Thalyssra or Rommath.
    Give me all the Blood Elves, Nightborne, and Forsaken characters working together and I’ll probably sub forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm curious if they'll change how they direct Lor's VA since his model updated. The high pitched nasal tone doesn't really fit his new grizzled features.

You take that back.
    change can't wait.

......your voice doesn't really "change" just because your appearance does. My voice remains the same if I look disheveled or cleaned up in a suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    ......your voice doesn't really "change" just because your appearance does. My voice remains the same if I look disheveled or cleaned up in a suit.
    True but this is a video game. Design shifts happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Worried what they’ll do to Lor’themar’s character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Who’s ready to see the best 2 Horde characters in 8.2 work together?
    if you mean nathanos and Rexxar* then i agree

lor'themar sucks , i 'm waiting for Sylvanas to kill him, raise him as a dark ranger, and have him and Nathanos both fight for her love

I would honestly like to see a more collegial, friendly side of Nathanos. Sure he always sounds bitter and in a permanent state of frustration in the game, but it's easy to forget that his backstory was that he was the first human ranger trained by the high elves, so you'd expect Lor'themar to have some shared history with him and to remember him as a human uncommonly close to the elves when he was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    True but this is a video game. Design shifts happen.
    I mean they could easily keep the same actor if they're trying to go for a worn down or grizzled feel and just slightly alter how he does it. I don't see why they'd need to change it. Anduin growing up makes sense because that's a dramatic shift. A design shift of the magnitude of changing a VA for this is just stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's more so he looks considerably older and his voice doesn't fit his new appearance as well. The VAs are already directed to fit changes in the characters, so I wonder if they'll do that or keep him sounding vaguely 25-35. It's why they also get new VAs all together if a character change is dramatic enough to require it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Give me all the Blood Elves, Nightborne, and Forsaken characters working together and I’ll probably sub forever.

- - - Updated - - -

You take that back.
    I'll Never!

He already monologues in 8.1, the same patch he received his new model.

And it still suits him, imo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ugh more Nathanos, but looking forward to more Lor’themar for sure.

On that note, going to google where to kill nathanos in game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    He already monologues in 8.1, the same patch he received his new model.

And it still suits him, imo.
    Yeah but I mean for the future. They could've recorded those lines before the model was finished or didn't take the model into account at all. It wouldn't be the first time they tweaked character designs/acting over time. I just think the current VAing suited his previous younger/cleaner looking model better. They went out of their way to make him look 'harder', so I wondered if that'd carry over to his VA.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    I would honestly like to see a more collegial, friendly side of Nathanos. Sure he always sounds bitter and in a permanent state of frustration in the game, but it's easy to forget that his backstory was that he was the first human ranger trained by the high elves, so you'd expect Lor'themar to have some shared history with him and to remember him as a human uncommonly close to the elves when he was alive.
    Nathanos wasn't accepted by the High Elves though, and he actually had a special feud with Lor'themar. You won't see a more friendly side of Nathanos in regards to his time with the High Elves, if anything, the opposite would be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    The only high elf that wanted him there was Sylvanas, Lorthemar and Haulduron hated him etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos? lol.
    He's too busy licking Sylvanas' boots.
    I don't think she will let him. She likes them shiny every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The only high elf that wanted him there was Sylvanas, Lorthemar and Haulduron hated him etc.
    Yeah, even Prince Kael’thas back then demanded Sylvanas kick Nathanos out of the Farstriders.

High Elves are pretty elitist.

However, I believe that they could still figure out a way to create a tentative bond with Lor’themar and Nathanos. Both of their lives have changed immensely since Arthas, and they were both close to Sylvanas back then.
    change can't wait.

I like Nathanos and I am always happy with getting more blood elf lore.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Nathanos being chopped in half and tossed in the sea as shark bait is the only good way to end this expansion. Sylvanas can follow him.