Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the Rogue daggers has worgen packs roaming the city.

As well, mission table statement text IS lore too, there is a map where you can see overall mission progression of zones.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290514/...exploration-ac
    fansite "canon", gotcha.
    Still waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    fansite "canon", gotcha.
    Still waiting.
    No? There's a reason you do the missions. Or, you are one of those who doesn't believe it unless you see it? Man, you're losing out on a lot of lore developments that we don't see ingame.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No? There's a reason you do the missions. Or, you are one of those who doesn't believe it unless you see it? Man, you're losing out on a lot of lore developments that we don't see ingame.
    No, it's not that.
    See that map? I don't take fansite speculation as canon. is that a blue/dev post? No? Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    No, it's not that.
    See that map? I don't take fansite speculation as canon. is that a blue/dev post? No? Okay.
    So, delete the map from your memory, and then go look at your mission table - there? By story, it is expected that the missions you send out, are successful.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So, delete the map from your memory, and then go look at your mission table - there? By story, it is expected that the missions you send out, are successful.
    Missions happen on both sides.
    I'll still wait for official channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    New allied race, undead worgens!
    For the moment, it have been shown that the Forsaken do not have the power to ressurected Worgens

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Gilneas is in ruins because it's going to be rebuilt.

You have to have a negative IQ if you think both faction capitals are going to have two refugee races in them forever. Goblins are going somewhere with Forsaken (Darkshore showed they're a pair) as are Worgen and Night Elves.
    The most popular race in the game (blood elves) have their cardboard city still stuck in TBC. I wouldn't expect anything from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree. New capitals are useless. They will tell us that, let's say, the Night Elves have resettled in a rebuilt Auberdine. But it will end there. I went to Darnassus the day before the patch. It was almost a desert. No need for more capitals. Who goes to Thunder Bluff, the Exodar or Silvermoon anymore? In BfA, there are four useful capitals, two per factions: Boralus and Stormwind, Dazar'alor and Orgrimmar.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

giant ziggurat over the ruins of lordaeron

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, I agree. New capitals are useless. They will tell us that, let's say, the Night Elves have resettled in a rebuilt Auberdine. But it will end there. I went to Darnassus the day before the patch. It was almost a desert. No need for more capitals. Who goes to Thunder Bluff, the Exodar or Silvermoon anymore? In BfA, there are four useful capitals, two per factions: Boralus and Stormwind, Dazar'alor and Orgrimmar.
    I think you touch on why the devs are consolidating hubs - if 12 million players were still subbed, they'd still need multiple city hubs, to keep people spread out, so they don't lag the servers down. So they're juggling real world concerns, like server balance, with lore, which is odds at different game levels. Those maps on wowhead indicate the Alliance are poised to retake Lordearon, but in game, none of that has been implemented - if you travel to Southshore, you won't see Paladins cleansing it. That map indicates that the Alliance hold the undead leveling zones.

It's all just a big spaghetti monster of new story, old leveling content, and servers that can't handle more than 80 players in one spot.

It's just an awful mess, really. They ignored old content so long, they can't touch it for current content without making it an instance. They're trying to cater to 120 levels of story, 15 years of it, in the same spots. The game world needs evolving in a big way, Cata level revamp in every zone, for it to make sense - and we all know that's not happening. Not enough players to finance it, or justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think you touch on why the devs are consolidating hubs - if 12 million players were still subbed, they'd still need multiple city hubs, to keep people spread out, so they don't lag the servers down. So they're juggling real world concerns, like server balance, with lore, which is odds at different game levels. Those maps on wowhead indicate the Alliance are poised to retake Lordearon, but in game, none of that has been implemented - if you travel to Southshore, you won't see Paladins cleansing it. That map indicates that the Alliance hold the undead leveling zones.

It's all just a big spaghetti monster of new story, old leveling content, and servers that can't handle more than 80 players in one spot.

It's just an awful mess, really. They ignored old content so long, they can't touch it for current content without making it an instance. They're trying to cater to 120 levels of story, 15 years of it, in the same spots. The game world needs evolving in a big way, Cata level revamp in every zone, for it to make sense - and we all know that's not happening. Not enough players to finance it, or justify it.
    WoW had more people and more cities and everyone was still going to Orgrimmar and Stormwind (Ironforge before that). They are making central hubs each new expansion for commodity. Having to leave Outland, the Broken Isles or Kul Tiras just to train your profession or to go to the bank in SW is bothersome. If WoW still had 12 million subscribers, they would just have made more servers.

As for a revamp, I believe that the Cata revamp did more harm than good in the long term. Vanilla was rather timeless. Now the entire world is stuck in Cata, with Deathwing marks all over the place as if they were just made. To paraphrase the Dowager Countess of Grantham, a Cata-style revamp would be a tough act to follow and an even tougher act to repeat.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    WoW had more people and more cities and everyone was still going to Orgrimmar and Stormwind (Ironforge before that). They are making central hubs each new expansion for commodity. Having to leave Outland, the Broken Isles or Kul Tiras just to train your profession or to go to the bank in SW is bothersome. If WoW still had 12 million subscribers, they would just have made more servers.

As for a revamp, I believe that the Cata revamp did more harm than good in the long term. Vanilla was rather timeless. Now the entire world is stuck in Cata, with Deathwing marks all over the place as if they were just made. To paraphrase the Dowager Countess of Grantham, a Cata-style revamp would be a tough act to follow and an even tougher act to repeat.
    The Cataclysm revamp only would have worked if they were going to consistently update the old world every 2 years or so. But they clearly have no plans to so we're stuck with the shit looking Cataclysm revamps.

Well, the Rogue daggers has worgen packs roaming the city.

As well, mission table statement text IS lore too, there is a map where you can see overall mission progression of zones.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290514/...exploration-ac
    Okay so according this map the horde keeps losing one zone after another without getting something in return. Yiiiiikes

In order for the forsaken to settle in Gilneas, wouldn't they have to dig a complex underground, to simulate the sewers of Lordaeron? Maybe Gilneas has that..but i'm not sure if they do.
    One would think they could just go back to Lordaeron after clearing out the green crap.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They get Ashenvale (a treasure trove of resources) and lose Tirisfal (most of which is blighted and useless). They contest Darkshore and have Silverpine contested. The Alliance makes a push in Gilneas which lorewise belonged to neither faction so that is not a Horde loss, just an Alliance gain.
    Ashenvale belonged to the horde since cataclysm. And for Gilneas, how can this zone belong to neither to the factions? You have either alliance appearance or horde appearance, but you don't fight for a zone just to leave it alone when the enemy is retreating.

Those missions are not canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Those missions are not canon.
    Do we have a quote on that? For they are part of the game story setup. You're told to send people X place, and you do.

Do we have a quote on that? For they are part of the game story setup. You're told to send people X place, and you do.
    Well for one they dont make a lick of sense. It was literaly an intern looking at the questing zone and trying to make a "war" scenario around it. Too bad that some characters being prominently displayed were killed back in cata, but oh well. You say its canon.

Also, any Darkshore mission was invalidated by what we have seen during last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanism View Post
    Ashenvale belonged to the horde since cataclysm. And for Gilneas, how can this zone belong to neither to the factions? You have either alliance appearance or horde appearance, but you don't fight for a zone just to leave it alone when the enemy is retreating.
    The Night Elves won back Ashenvale in Wolfheart novel iirc.

Just give the Forsaken Stratholme. Fix it up, put those damn fires out and it could make a nice city!