Page 4 of 183 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    $500 is pretty cheap for 8k upscaling and 2TB HDD.
    8K upscaling ?? yeah not going to happen

Let's knock off the PC vs. console debates please folks, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let's knock off the PC vs. console debates please folks, thanks.
    I mean, sure you can come in and say that, but at the end of the day when price is brought up it's disingenuous to NOT bring up PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Stop being a cheap ass.
    Oh, I was waiting for this stupid post. "Just stop being poor lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And people are already jumping in trying to turn this into a PC Vs Console debate....ffs
    Because it's worth the debate every single time

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Well, "be rich" is quite good advice.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If you are poor, you should not be spending money on a game system whether its $500 or $200. You should spend it on necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you are poor, you should not be spending money on a game system whether its $500 or $200. You should spend it on necessities.
    I'm not sure what's more amazing, you not understanding that it's not always as black and white as you're saying or you justifying paying for a product with "stop being poor" and not by the product's actual quality.

lol this shit was obviously BS when he claimed Sony would lose $100 on every system sold.

Not after this generation proved to sony they can sell a boat load of consoles without losing their ass on each system sold like the PS3. The PS5 will be sold at cost, or at a VERY MINOR loss at best.

i think im going to just invested in a better computer with newest processor and video card.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    aren't most consoles 400-500 on day 1 ? I can't recall what i paid for Xbone day one edition but i was thinking it was 400 or 500. .
    The switch wasn't. Only $300.

I just don't see the worth for these systems honestly. I mean, at least the switch is doing something new with being portable or a home gaming system.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2019-04-15 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And that's part of the reason xbox won that gen...
    Actually when it comes to Console Sales Xbox didn't win last gen. The PS3 came out a year later and when it was all said and done it still sold more units.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Just buy a pc, seriously.
    Nty I like owning the games I buy thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol this shit was obviously BS when he claimed Sony would lose $100 on every system sold.

Not after this generation proved to sony they can sell a boat load of consoles without losing their ass on each system sold like the PS3. The PS5 will be sold at cost, or at a VERY MINOR loss at best.
    Ya there is no chance in hell Sony will sell a system at a loss (or a big one) after what happen to the PS3.

The PS4 made profit if they sold one game with it, The PS5 will be the same way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Just buy a pc, seriously.
    Already own one, as I'm sure several other folks also do. There's nothing out there that says you can't or won't have a PC AND a console or two, if you want to. There are far too many console exclusive titles that I want to play to NOT own a console that has them. PS4 has a ton of really good games that are exclusive to PS4, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, being just a couple.

I honestly don't understand the PC Master race crap. Yeah, as hardware, PC's can outperform and can do more than a console but if what you care about is gaming and playing games, consoles have great games you can't play on PC...usually, I'm sure someone is going to bring up emulators, but then I'll just add the word "legally" to that phrase I guess.

I might skip it. I got a PS4 and hardly feel like I've played it and all the games I got all that much. Between WoW, family and work, it's hard to find time to sit down and just console game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then all this will turn out to be false.

Actually when it comes to Console Sales Xbox didn't win last gen. The PS3 came out a year later and when it was all said and done it still sold more units.
    They were equalish everything I read puts 360 at 84 million units and ps3 at 83.8ish million units. But the year matters so it would have been ps3 higher probably if they had been around the same amount of time.

Can't argue that the original price was part of a stumble at the start though, it's the entire reason I bought a 360 over a ps3.

I was able to get a 360+an extra controller+a wifi adapter+a game for less than a PS3.

And then Xbox one shit on that was like... here have this peripheral that you'll never use, but have to pay for... and so back to ps4

If ps5 comes out at 500 and xbox....whatever the fuck comes out at 400, probably going with Xbox whateverthefuck. If they both come out at 500.... waiting a few years till the "pro" version comes out and snagging it on sale.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-15 at 09:03 PM.

$500 for a bundle so soon after a console release doesn't seem that bad. People sink almost a grand into a new phone.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    PS3 was $599 at reveal for the higher capacity version.

This is less ridiculous than that.

Edit: For some old laughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
    Last edited by Simca; 2019-04-15 at 09:12 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04...se-date-specs/

$500 is a hard pill to sallow even if it has full BC, Really would depending the launch lineup. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised because they likely want to make it strong enough to last quite awhile (10years+).

I still expect a $400 bundle.
    wasn't the playstation 3 600$?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    And then all this will turn out to be false.
    i doubt it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    PS3 was $599 at reveal.

This is less ridiculous than that.
    It had 2 models, one was 500, one was 600