Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I prefer other elves. Ideal societies of cultural scholars. Night elves are just barbarians but I assume you are into Rousseau.
    Elves in Warcraft come off a bit lame TBH, Blizz are way too fond of tarring them with the "Once great has-beens"-brush...

Night elves: Supposedly in tune with the forest, out-maneuvered by orcs in that same forest in two successive wars (And by bloody MAGNATAUR in one of them!)

Blood elves: The scraps of a once-kinda-great elven society, since ravaged by undead and a "What can we drain for power today?"-period.

Void elves: Shunned by even the Blood elves for getting their power from something that made even *them* go "Dude, you sure that's a good idea?"

Nightborne: Hunkered down in a city for 10,000 years, with as sole industry the manufacture of Arcwine, to keep them from turning into bipedal prunes. (Addiction is another one of those much-loved themes for WoW-elves)

I mean, the Night elves were heavily watered down to make them fit under the humans, but the other elves aren't any better, "Scholarly", right, if you spend millennia hunkering under a magical dome, hoping to go unnoticed, you start reading a few books... :P

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Elves in Warcraft come off a bit lame TBH, Blizz are way too fond of tarring them with the "Once great has-beens"-brush...

Night elves: Supposedly in tune with the forest, out-maneuvered by orcs in that same forest in two successive wars (And by bloody MAGNATAUR in one of them!)

Blood elves: The scraps of a once-kinda-great elven society, since ravaged by undead and a "What can we drain for power today?"-period.

Void elves: Shunned by even the Blood elves for getting their power from something that made even *them* go "Dude, you sure that's a good idea?"

Nightborne: Hunkered down in a city for 10,000 years, with as sole industry the manufacture of Arcwine, to keep them from turning into bipedal prunes. (Addiction is another one of those much-loved themes for WoW-elves)
    Nowadays only humans and orcs can mean something. Look what happened to Zandalari in one patch.
    I mean, the Night elves were heavily watered down to make them fit under the humans, but the other elves aren't any better, "Scholarly", right, if you spend millennia hunkering under a magical dome, hoping to go unnoticed, you start reading a few books... :P
    They were scholarly in that "Once great has-beens" too.

You even don't know how much do I want them to give elves time of epicness. They can do elf raids, of course, but I'd like to see elves destroying some enemy city or whatever. We should be thankful for Theramore. Thalen, come back!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

11/10 would bang.

Blood elves > all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

11/10 would bang.
    Get in line.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

I hope it's about image as a whole, and not about a specific implementation
    *barely holding back gagging urges when looking at their new models*
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Enjoy their beautiful faces while you can because by 2020 they'll all be wearing corsets and hijabs

Kul Tiran males are where the true beauty is at. Sorry.

15 years worth of r34 and barely any feet pics for them.

it's just the most shameful display.

Wasn't that obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    But the males of both are some of the worst.
    Game models? Of course.
    Artworks? Hell no. More like the best ones:

Last edited by Eazy; 2019-04-16 at 09:43 AM.

belfs are more beautiful but nelfs feel exotic

Last edited by letssee; 2019-04-16 at 09:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's be real here their /dance is why they are the best

https://youtu.be/Q6omsDyFNlk

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Let's be real here their /dance is why they are the best

https://youtu.be/Q6omsDyFNlk
    Of course not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8VwgLhEls <3

"Oh,
    The taste of your lips
    I'm on a ride"

Everytime I use that hearthstone winterveil toy to port
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-04-16 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post

If I ever saw anything remotely close to one of them irl. I'd revere it at a drop of a hat. The epitome of a humanoid infused into nature. I swear this race is so much more than a popular elven race they get a rep for. The best race in the game.
    It's funny cos while the darnassian culture is attuned to nature, the kaldorei is arcane based.

The colour of the skin is purple, the eyes glow bright silver with the power of the well of eternity. Benevolence, intelligence, harmony, humility and discipline are beautiful.

But night elves are not immune from arrogance, recklessness or foolishness.

What I love is the purple and silver colour themes, and those are associated with the arcane and the Goddess Elune. Nature affinity I believe they get from their troll origins but i can only prove is largely from Cenarius' influences on their race from its earliest periods, and Malfurion after the sundering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    belfs are more beautiful but nelfs feel exotic
    Well purple/blue skin and silver eyes is an exotic look, and breathtakingly beautiful in the right tones - their faces are just as pretty as Thalassians, but the colouring is bound to make them win over the thalassians for some, but also lose to them for others. Most people prefer conventional beauty, so Thalassians would have the greater majority, they fit the beautiful tolkein look, the western worlds ideal of beauty in peach/pale skin.

Night elves would have to have more amazing things in their culture and character to compete, I think this is why they made them the greater elven empire, the greater magical mysteries in arcane and nature, as if to say, these are the original elves, and while humanoid, they are quite distinct - this is what original elven qualities are like, more extreme, whether with magic , or fighting- more savage, more primarily powerful and magically attuned.

But much of this seems changed, the blood elves were shown as more ruthless and savage, more magically adept too, and superior to the night elves they met in wow in every department and every encounter.

The depth and breath of the night elves is seldom seen, and most people regard them as a quiet forest race that get picked on alot and always need help, because this is what wow shows them. To see how great night elves are, you need to read novels and play wc3 and legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    If I ever saw anything remotely close to one of them irl.
    Thank me later

---

As a side note, that tiger in the second video is amazing
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-16 at 12:02 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I love Night Elves so much! Especially when paired with Druid class! (females)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Thank me later

---

As a side note, that tiger in the second video is amazing
    Oh my. What a beautiful kitty.
    Great cosplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Elves have always been one of my favorite fantasy races, largely due to their beauty (yes I know, I'm vain) and I always like the chance to play them in games. Not a fan of their arrogant nature, but still....

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad. Draenei waifus are top tier.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.