Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I blame the society.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Did you miss the fact that I was talking about THE DIVINE BELL?
    Divine Bell wasn't OG. There is no true indication where it comes from in game, but the speculation was that it was carved from Ra.

So she hates all PC Priests?
    The PC Priest was using it to protect the world, not continue the mortal cycle of hatred while the planet is literally dying.
    Divine Bell wasn't OG. There is no true indication where it comes from in game, but the speculation was that it was carved from Ra.
    I didn't say that it was Old God power, I said that it was dark sorcery. Did you miss that when Garrosh used it his forces were overtaken by the Sha?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The PC Priest was using it to protect the world, not continue the mortal cycle of hatred while the planet is literally dying.
    Not even the Earthmother gives two shits about the planet dying, she's busy buffing war drums to help the faction war. And Sylvanas doesn't even go after the knaifu like we did in the past expansion, we just give it to her as part of our N'zoth entrapment plan.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It is possible, but I think the context here is quite different, making the word take on something of a different meaning between the two scenarios. Ruin is also what N'Zoth wants.
    No he doesn't. Old Gods have 1 purpose and they way they get to it is entirely up to them: Infecting a sleeping titan

Nzoth has to be one of the dumbest of the Old Gods as rather than choosing to have someone secretly free him and ascend to Void God(or whatever the being would be called) status, he chose to say "HEY GUISE I'M HEEEEEEEEEERE". All of his competition is gone. None of them did it historically because they were at war for who would get it.

Whatever he thinks of Sylvanas means she will do something that will prevent his purpose from coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's actually an interesting point. Is it what he wants? We'd see it as such obviously, but N'zoth is the first old god who doesn't seem to be a card-carrying bad guy. He talks about how this is how to turn the tide and he has datamined lines about enemies of all, along with speaking favourably to the player and talking about truths being revealed. So while he obviously wants ruin for us, I don't think he views his victory that way - after all he refers to the buff he gives as a gift, even though we know from the affected Zandalari that it turns them into murderous nutjobs.
    The Old Gods think their goals are the proper course of things - that the world they want is the ideal world, tentacles waving and Void energy saturating everything left standing. N'Zoth seems the most perversely evangelical of his peers, and is attempting to sell us on his "dream" for Azeroth, which from our perspective would be a benighted hellscape of twisted flesh and darkness. The "enemies of all" are likely the ones who would bring peace or at least but a halt to his agenda, and the player is to be his herald and prime believer.

Madness has long been the gift of the Old Gods - N'Zoth is just twisted enough to truly believe it is a blessing of some kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing storytelling by Blizzard, definitely not predictable and lazily copy pasted, and not pretty much completely OOC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    No he doesn't. Old Gods have 1 purpose and they way they get to it is entirely up to them: Infecting a sleeping titan

Nzoth has to be one of the dumbest of the Old Gods as rather than choosing to have someone secretly free him and ascend to Void God(or whatever the being would be called) status, he chose to say "HEY GUISE I'M HEEEEEEEEEERE". All of his competition is gone. None of them did it historically because they were at war for who would get it.

Whatever he thinks of Sylvanas means she will do something that will prevent his purpose from coming.
    "Ruin" from our perspective. For N'Zoth its victory would be a paradise, relative to itself. N'Zoth's established M.O. is also to take the things that oppose him and somehow twist them to his purpose. He wants Sylvanas to have Xal'atath, something he has now twisted to her purpose as well - I don't think this is a coincidence by any means.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, everybody said "The boy is dangerous" and "I feel a disturbance in the force" and bla bla bla - yet they trained Anakin Skywalker.

Maybe George Lucas wrote the stories. And why not? That BS (eps 1-3) made three billion at the box office
    Yes, but especially we know about how dangerous this stuff is. We are the one cleaning the mess up all the time after all.

But on a second thought... all these world ending threats were pushovers so why should we think this time will be different.

all these world ending threats were pushovers so why should we think this time will be different.
    Because Blizzard has shown that they won't shy away from having the good guys lose. Gul'dan triumphed at the Battle of the Broken Shore and killed three of the greatest mortal leaders. That is the only example, actually, still it shows that the good guys don't always have plot armor. So even if N'zoth loses he could still inflict heavy losses upon his opponents. This would make sense considering what Xal'athah has to say of him: Such is the God of the Deep's cunning, that defeat always ends up working in his favour.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

"I want evil Old Gods, but not ones that can control me! REEEE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    #Notmyplayercharacter.

I ignored the quest on my main. Blame my priest and Alliance character, they’re idiots and/or crazy.

I am pretty sick of Blizzard making our characters do stupid shit though. If they had it where the dagger was compelling us to do these things via mind control then fair enough, but we didn’t have that. We’re just stupid and greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Amazing storytelling by Blizzard, definitely not predictable and lazily copy pasted, and not pretty much completely OOC.
    You know, that last part is likely to just get me saltier as this goes on, but making Sylvanas, who's whole shtick was breaking free from mind control and commit herself to imposing her own will and by extension that of her followers into a mind-controlled patsy does get on my tits. I kind of expected it to annoy me even more, but at this stage it's mostly just funny.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "I want evil Old Gods, but not ones that can control me! REEEE"
    It just seems lazy to me. Hmm, we need to get this knife from point A to point B, so.. mind control. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It just seems lazy to me. Hmm, we need to get this knife from point A to point B, so.. mind control. Great!
    It's lazy, but imo it's better than Sylvanas walking in behind you or her thugs stealing it from you (as both Alliance AND Horde) so she can go "nah nah" when you talk to her afterward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You know, that last part is likely to just get me saltier as this goes on, but making Sylvanas, who's whole shtick was breaking free from mind control and commit herself to imposing her own will and by extension that of her followers into a mind-controlled patsy does get on my tits. I kind of expected it to annoy me even more, but at this stage it's mostly just funny.
    I think it's funny now, I used to be annoyed & even angry. The story is completely unsalvageable, not just for her, but for pretty much everyone aside from a small select few. Full stop. And I fucking love how they waved around it before launch because they knew the backlash would be fucking immense.

The player character is the biggest lol worthy out of all this.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This totally doesn't remind me of Garrosh, who ordered his champions to find the Divine Bell so that he could use its dark powers to turn the war in his favour.

Of course, since Afrasiabi and Danuser have a boner for Sylvanas, she is somehow different from Garrosh.

For what's worth it, Mayla Highmountain (if Blizzard remembers her) should be pissed off once she learns that Sylvanas is using an Old God artifact.
    She will "never be in the same position" as Garrosh (the whole trial thing), if I recall. That just speaks of Mary Sue in that she can always slip out of it, or that she'd rather kill herself than be held to justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    of Mary Suee.
    lol

10funnychars

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's lazy, but imo it's better than Sylvanas walking in behind you or her thugs stealing it from you (as both Alliance AND Horde) so she can go "nah nah" when you talk to her afterward.
    It is better when you put it that way. I forget sometimes that there's no floor to go from for Blizzard's writing. It can always go down xD

For what's worth it, Mayla Highmountain (if Blizzard remembers her) should be pissed off once she learns that Sylvanas is using an Old God artifact.
    If the racial leaders of the Horde were anything but background characters, the tauren, the blood elves, the nightborne and the highmountain would have left the Horde the minute Sylvanas burned a fucking World Tree for no reason at all.

And the pandaren would have left it immediately after SoO...