Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE SKILL FOR MY WATERSTRIDER. BLIZZARD SHOULD TAKE THEIR HANDS OFF THAT.
    I did not wanted to lose my CoC on my fire mage, but i lost anyways, because melee cried "boo hoo i can't get to a fire mage". Things change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Yes I'm fully aware. I was talking about areas where we can't fly anyway (instances, some older zones) and future expansions when we have to get another pathfinder anyway. Equipment, overall, doesn't matter at all this expansion for people that play max level characters in general anyway.

On some characters I've only used the golems (flying or not) just because I like the look of them, which will change with the proposed limitations in the future.
    you can fly in all old zones anyway ,and if you can buy the strider that means you can already buy the raft , problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO YOU ARE NOT AS THE SKILL FOR THE WATERSTRIDER IS LOST. And that, believe me, will be the final outcome. They will limit mount gear to an expac at some point.

Filthy. Hypocritical. Selling a long term nerf as a buff. That, and only that, are the WoW devs.
    If you are playing a shaman - it's a buff. If you have literally any other means of obtaining waterwalking (and anyone can, via fucking pots) - it's a buff, because you can get a slow fall/daze immunity. In case you are a DK tank and have engineering - nothing changed for you at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and btw, this is a blue post quote:

Does everyone read that? You need to invest gold for alts to get that skill.
    You can have 50 characters on your account, so it's 2450g at max if you are still leveling your 49 other characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    Blizz confirmed travel form won't be able to use mount equipment. Sort of lame, since travel form is a core part of Druid class fantasy and most druids use it 99% for mounted travel. I get why they did it though. We already have mounted gathering.
    Don't you automatically turn into a walrus anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Honestly, it seemed like a lazy system and encourage using only 1 mount.
    What? Why? Huh? That doesnt make sense.

*Blizzard changes something you can use any mount, instead of just the Waterstrider*
    "Now, it can only use one mount"

That doesnt make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you are playing a shaman - it's a buff. If you have literally any other means of obtaining waterwalking (and anyone can, via fucking pots) - it's a buff, because you can get a slow fall/daze immunity. In case you are a DK tank and have engineering - nothing changed for you at all.
    As a DK tank with engineering..

It's still nice. Depending on how the parachute works, it can give me an additional parachute for jumping off of stuff, or it lets me not have to worry about applying path of frost when running around (also QoL for alts)

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    you can fly in all old zones anyway ,and if you can buy the strider that means you can already buy the raft , problem solved.
    You're ignoring the problems I've mentioned with solutions to other problems that don't matter at all.

It's that mounts I've earned (through engineering/toy collecting) that I enjoy using will not benefit from the same upgrades that literally every other mount will, because they have an ability that I don't even use those for. It is a nerf for me and other people that simply like to use those particular mounts.

And, as far as old zones we still can't fly in, I meant things like Krokuun, Antoran Wastes, Mac'Aree, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, etc, where there are still collectibles I have not gotten, so I go back to them frequently.

Once again, there are more pieces of mount equipment than just water walking. The shredders will be exempt from all of them. It's not about simply being able to walk on water or not - I have the toy and water striders as it is. Push comes to shove, I'll just wind up having to use other mechanical mounts - thankfully there are others in Mechagon that are fun. But, I'd still like the option of using my shredders with equipment (since I don't use them for herbalism).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    All this change does is give DKs and Shamans another opyion to use. Water striding is a must when you have no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    You're ignoring the problems I've mentioned with solutions to other problems that don't matter at all.

It's that mounts I've earned (through engineering/toy collecting) that I enjoy using will not benefit from the same upgrades that literally every other mount will, because they have an ability that I don't even use those for. It is a nerf for me and other people that simply like to use those particular mounts.

And, as far as old zones we still can't fly in, I meant things like Krokuun, Antoran Wastes, Mac'Aree, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, etc, where there are still collectibles I have not gotten, so I go back to them frequently.

Once again, there are more pieces of mount equipment than just water walking. The shredders will be exempt from all of them. It's not about simply being able to walk on water or not - I have the toy and water striders as it is. Push comes to shove, I'll just wind up having to use other mechanical mounts - thankfully there are others in Mechagon that are fun. But, I'd still like the option of using my shredders with equipment (since I don't use them for herbalism).
    how is it a nerf, if the golem can fly you have no need for water walking , daze immunity or slow fall.
    if you use this mount you dont even need the items.

It seems that for some reason Blizzard doesnt want everyone using the water strider to get around the world when there is a lot of water in the zones. Now players have a choice of the sky golem or every other mount in the game because now all the other mounts are the same. This mount equipment system is the most boring thing they could have done.

The mount equipment system is a terrible change because its a change toward making every mount just a different model. If Blizzard wants to keep adding mounts to the game to be a worth while reward they need to make mounts more interesting not less.

Blizzard needs to do something like Guild Wars 2 where those devs are creating reasons for the players to use different mounts in different environments of the game and the mount families give different advantages to the player when they use them.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    a)the item costs 50 gold , 50 gold not 50 million , it is equal as half a wq.
    b)all the things at hand are still in developement and prone to change so aka you are whining for something that may no come to pass.
    c)all the people that whine about the effore are crybabies because the efforrt is minimal now compared to what it was in mop.
    d) the water walking mount will be obsolete when you are able to fly.
    a) I already paid 5k, should not have to keep paying for something I earned. 50g so what it is half a wq, I should not have to spend my time earning gold to do something that was already paid for.

b) Saying I do not want this when it is in development is the time to speak up

c) Nice name calling. Strong arguemnet you have there with "crybabies" and the effort has been earned by those who already put in the time. Since it is now minimal anyway, why change it? I would rather have development resources spent on real problems not them finding and creating new ones.

d) The mount will not be obsolete for a good chunk of each expansion going forward. Unless you have inside information about BFA being the end of Warcraft, I want my mount to always have waterwalking as it was designed. Not change it on me years later to this new proposal.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Honestly, it seemed like a lazy system and encourage using only 1 mount.

If they had a system where families of mounts have different abilities, it would have been a lot better.

Example: Tigers jump high, horses prevent daze, striders and crocs allow water walking, etc....
    That still wouldn't fix the main issue, being that water walking is just so strong in recent expansions. No one is going to mount and dismount to different mounts based on what environment they are in. Majority of people would just keep using whatever gives them water walking

Also, all this is moot once flying is enabled.
    Last edited by xpose; 2019-04-17 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I think the outrage is completely ridiculous. You are losing nothing but gaining other things. How many mounts get no use because you feel obligated to use the strider. You get forced into one mount and can’t change it otherwise you don’t get to walk on water when you’re out running around and have to mount swim around or dismount and remount.

You’re not being forced into it either. You can literally just equip the water walking shoes and still use your strider. The strider isn’t immune to equipment.

It is also a completely new and untested feature. They will be making changes to it and making more options open in the future as well. Don’t be so unhappy when you’re getting new stuff with no consequences
    You are losing water walking which you already have on your strider (which is being taken away now) and it's being replaced with the very same thing, only to having it on all mounts. Leather workers will most likely lose the mount enhancement for the dazed effect (need confirmation) for the same thing. Now I wouldn't have too much of a problem with this if the enhancements were single mount bound, but the enhancements are account and mount wide.

It's a case of uniqueness or balance. I am rather every mount have something cool than every mount do exactly the same damn thing.

Now if you are someone that hates waterstriders and wants to ride every mount of the water, thats fine. I would just prefer every mount be different and unique. At least we still have mammoth, Yakk and long boi I guess... and sky golem.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-04-17 at 12:28 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    a) I already paid 5k, should not have to keep paying for something I earned. 50g so what it is half a wq, I should not have to spend my time earning gold to do something that was already paid for.

b) Saying I do not want this when it is in development is the time to speak up

c) Nice name calling. Strong arguemnet you have there with "crybabies" and the effort has been earned by those who already put in the time. Since it is now minimal anyway, why change it? I would rather have development resources spent on real problems not them finding and creating new ones.

d) The mount will not be obsolete for a good chunk of each expansion going forward. Unless you have inside information about BFA being the end of Warcraft, I want my mount to always have waterwalking as it was designed. Not change it on me years later to this new proposal.
    Lol 50 gold is hard to get now.crying for a thing in development like this with no valid argument is not the way to speak .again DID you know flying makes water walking obsolete since you will be flying and not water walking ,is this too much for your small head

They need to have more than one slot plain and simple, or at least a way to unlock another slot maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water by itself and allowing a mount equipment item to affect it as well would mean everyone would default to the water strider again, which is what they're trying to avoid.

Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water and, like the Sky Golem, not allowing it to recognize another mount equipment item would mean nobody would ever use it anymore. They'd just use their favorite mount with water walk and ignore the strider.

These are silly arguments. Nobody's won or lost anything.

Plus I think it's ridiculous people talking about how they 'earned' the strider. Yes, we did. And we used it for years. Nothing lasts forever. And it's a game.
    If you read the other points instead of taking 1 in isolation you'd have seen the solution: give every mount family a unique ability.

It's ridiculous to say nobody's won or lost anything. Anyone who didn't have a strider before has won water-walking. Everyone who had a strider before, has lost the advantage they had over the people who didn't have one.

Why isn't flying removed from flying mounts? Same principle. Just because they have wings doesn't mean they should fly. Water Strider is called a water strider but won't be able to walk on water inherently. So flying mounts shouldn't be able to fly without equipment.

I bet in future expansions Blizz will disable mount equipment above the old expansion level bracket so you have to farm a new set of mount equipment specific to that expansion. In the (extremely likely imo) event that this happens, then everyone who had a strider has also lost the advantages that this gave them at the start of an xpac

No I'm not. I stand by my opinion and I think the new system is shit and lazy. It will actually encourage people to use only 1 mount. but they needed to use the current system and expand it into families with more abilities, so you can use a tiger when u want to get to high places or a protodrake to fly in snowy zones. etc....
    What I mean is that you proposed something that is not happening and saying it's better. Like after that anyone could come up with something else and compare it to your idea and get in an argument about 2 things that won't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    It actually does the opposite, imo. Water walking with a mount is already a thing with water striders, so letting them all walk on water doesn't make those classes any less unique. Now, shaman, DKs, and some hunters will be unique in that they can walk on water and get the benefit of one of the other pieces of mount equipment. Their water walking abilities actually mean something again.
    Hmm, I wasn’t aware of other mount “equipment” besides water walking being implemented, that changes things for me.

You’re absolutely correct, it’s something I’m definitely looking forward to now.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do realize that you have to re-mount every time to re-apply waterwalking to your strider after getting hit?
    IF you get hit. The raft comes short compared to the strider in many ways when it comes to mob covered areas.
    You can't use the raft in combat, which means if you pull mobs before you arrive to the water, you can't raft up. While you can run and pull mobs on the strider and if you don't get hit, you can run on water.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Nothing is forever. Things change. I spent my time raiding during each expansion prior and got gear for it, and that gear is no longer usable. So yes, you already absolutely "keep paying" in game for things you used to have.

Life goes on. Let it go.

Also, you can make thousands of gold running old raids. As I mentioned to another person in this thread earlier, go to Terrace of Eternal Spring on 25-man heroic on a level 120 character, solo it (it takes about ten minutes to run through all four bosses), and sell everything you get. You'll easily make 500 gold. I did all three Pandaria raids this past weekend for the battle pet drops and made about 3000 gold just vendoring all the drops (no AH, just to a vendor). Easy peasy.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2019-04-17 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    IF you get hit. The raft comes short compared to the strider in many ways when it comes to mob covered areas.
    You can't use the raft in combat, which means if you pull mobs before you arrive to the water, you can't raft up. While you can run and pull mobs on the strider and if you don't get hit, you can run on water.
    They follow the same rules while the raft is faster