Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Hi, I'm Prince Anduin Plotlord, and I have the uncanny ability to look at where something once lay on the ground and divine from it the exact motivations of my mortal enemy, whom I've been trying hard to antagonize at every turn. TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT SHE'S UP TO WHY WOULD I LIE!"
    Yeah this is some weird dialogue for sure.

Get rid of Alliance, get rid of the Horde. Make a League of Azeroth or something where all players are.
    Most PvP is instanced anyway, World PvP is dead and will be dead-er if they introduce flying.
    Maybe, when you don't have to balance the story not to insult/imbalance each party, MAYBE then the story won't be dogshit anymore.
    Oh and fire Golden, because she sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lllBlackSunlll View Post
    How is Sylvanus not like Garrosh?

Starts a conflict because why not.
    Begins to lose said conflict.
    Gains powers from the Old Gods or related forces.
    Kills and crushes those who oppose them.

SoO 2.0 inc.

Yeah, the only difference between the bell and the blade is that Anduin didn't get hit by it this time...yet. ;-)

Why should there every be peace between Horde and Alliance?
    The game was built on that concept from the very beginning, why suddenly there is a need for this to be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Blizz doesn’t have the Thralls balls to kill her off.
    thrall doesn't either. they took his red ball necklace away D:

OT someone said something about Nathanos turning on her. that'd be cool, then at least one of them would be dead for good...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a nicely told story ... but omg there better be some deeper meaning to what Sylvanas does than the trite “horde internal struggle” that comes up over and over again without anything really happening on alliance side. It is quite monotonous to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    It is a nicely told story ... but omg there better be some deeper meaning to what Sylvanas does than the trite “horde internal struggle” that comes up over and over again without anything really happening on alliance side. It is quite monotonous to say the least.
    You mean the blade that can suddenly vanish from even the ones it was feeding power? If you haven´t read up on its story do so, and you will see it is a weapon that will only work for itself and its old god master (and doubt that changed even with the entity in another body).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Hold up.

How does the blade just "vanish" for Alliance? I get that one side has to canonically be the victor there but this makes no sense
    Old God mind-whammy. N'zoth most likely just cloaked it from our senses so the Horde could grab it.

So you can't continue the storyline if you decided to keep n'zoths gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Hi, I'm Prince Anduin Plotlord, and I have the uncanny ability to look at where something once lay on the ground and divine from it the exact motivations of my mortal enemy, whom I've been trying hard to antagonize at every turn. TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT SHE'S UP TO WHY WOULD I LIE!"
    A hobbit lie here.... and another!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    So you can't continue the storyline if you decided to keep n'zoths gift?
    Permanently turned into a tentacle.

Where does Bwomsandi figure into this? He has stated ingame that he wants Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    "He is concerned that the blade has fallen into the hands of Sylvanas, and says it is clear by her actions that she doesn't fight for the Horde, but death itself. He says that they must stop whatever madness she plans to use the weapon for if there is to be peace between the factions."

Think that has been painfully obvious for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by lllBlackSunlll View Post
    How is Sylvanus not like Garrosh?

Starts a conflict because why not.
    Begins to lose said conflict.
    Gains powers from the Old Gods or related forces.
    Kills and crushes those who oppose them.

SoO 2.0 inc.
    She... has boobs.

This blade is a fake anyway as the real thing is safely stored in my shadowpriest's stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    She... has boobs.
    Yup,they were going to garrosh her,but turns out she has a rabid obsessive fanbase for that very reason

So instead they're going to Kerrigan her

Quote Originally Posted by Nimog View Post
    Having Sylvanas go Darth Vader on us is such a tired storyline.
    Sylvanas says, " I'm am not the Warchief I should be,"
    Thrall interjects, " You were the chose one, It was said you would destroy the Lich King, not become the new one." "Bring balance to the Horde, not leave it in Darkness." "You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now... until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy."
    Don't lecture me, Thrall I see through the lies of the Lich King. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.
    Thrall: Your new empire?
    Sylvanas: Don't make me kill you.
    Thrall: Sylvanas, my allegiance is to the Horde, to honor!
    Sylvanas: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.
    Thrall: Only the Lich King deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
    Sylvanas: You will try.

Anyone else see this transpiring?
    lmao, most underrated comment here so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Yeah, the only difference between the bell and the blade is that Anduin didn't get hit by it this time...yet. ;-)
    She and Illidan are the two characters who actually make WoW lore worth following. If she was killed as soon as the 14 year old virgins wanted her dead there would be literally no reason to follow the lore. Name one interesting character with attitude that actually does something aside from Illidan who they removed and Sylvanas. They are all more boring than island expeditions and Warfronts combined. Thank god she is still alive and carries the whole WoW lore on her back at this point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimog View Post
    Having Sylvanas go Darth Vader on us is such a tired storyline.
    Sylvanas says, " I'm am not the Warchief I should be,"
    Thrall interjects, " You were the chose one, It was said you would destroy the Lich King, not become the new one." "Bring balance to the Horde, not leave it in Darkness." "You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now... until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy."
    Don't lecture me, Thrall I see through the lies of the Lich King. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.
    Thrall: Your new empire?
    Sylvanas: Don't make me kill you.
    Thrall: Sylvanas, my allegiance is to the Horde, to honor!
    Sylvanas: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.
    Thrall: Only the Lich King deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
    Sylvanas: You will try.

Anyone else see this transpiring?
    Sylvanas: Show me the power of the Old Gods, Garrosh. If you do that, I will finish what you started.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I think people are fairly short sighted if they think this will play out the same as Garrosh. Sure, they’re baiting us down that road with lots of similarities but you can bet they’ll completely flip it on its head come 8.3.
    I agree but either way it's trash writing. That's some Rian Johnson shit to try to bait people like, "Ooh doesn't this seem similar to what happened before? HA GOT YOU, it's NOT like before because I subverted your expectations at the last second." How about....just don't copy tired story elements in the first place and do something new? Hell, even the idea of her not being a big bad was already done in the lore with Illidan. Everyone thought he was a crazy demon freak and nope, turns out he was secretly the selfless good guy all along. There isn't much room for them to make a satisfying conclusion to this and the story in the meantime is boring and stupid anyway so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Why should there every be peace between Horde and Alliance?
    The game was built on that concept from the very beginning, why suddenly there is a need for this to be changed?
    Because it's boring as fuck by now. No sane person want's the same story for 15 years.

Sylvanas will probably pull an Admiral Holdo at the end of this expansion, Blizzard has been building up this Garrosh parallel for awhile now just so they can have a gotcha moment right at the end where we all learn a lesson about doubting female leadership.