Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    2) we are getting the mechagnomes, because why not give the Alliance another version of a 0-1% play race?
    This will be the proof that blizzard doesn't care about money. Because this will not make them a dime. I believe like you that this will happen. But it's the least profiteable Allied Race they could ever make.

I love the Ankoan! Here's a better idea! Put the Ankoan and Jinyu into one allied race slot like how all the Mag'har Orcs have access to the various clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    This will be the proof that blizzard doesn't care about money. Because this will not make them a dime. I believe like you that this will happen. But it's the least profiteable Allied Race they could ever make.
    i don't buy that really.

back in wotlk, when mechagnomes were first shown, people screamed for them and earthen as subraces.

so far, we've got dark iron, mag'har, zandalari, kul tirans, and now mechagnomes. all "subraces"(in the case of kul tirans, different kingdom) that have been requested for years now. so they definitely think people will want them.

i'd also argue that, even if the metrics don't show people playing them now, it could be in preparation for the tinker class if it's going to happen. race change monies from current gnome players, too.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't buy that really.

back in wotlk, when mechagnomes were first shown, people screamed for them and earthen as subraces.

so far, we've got dark iron, mag'har, zandalari, kul tirans, and now mechagnomes. all "subraces"(in the case of kul tirans, different kingdom) that have been requested for years now. so they definitely think people will want them.

i'd also argue that, even if the metrics don't show people playing them now, it could be in preparation for the tinker class if it's going to happen. race change monies from current gnome players, too.
    I have not heard anyone scream for another gnome race, thats for certain. Though what I have seen or you have seen doesn't really matter. Sure, I might not be so serious about blizzard not caring about money, but it sure would not be the best allied race they could have make for that purpose. I can just think how much money they earned from Void Elf race changes compared to Highmountain Tauren race changes as an example.

It would be as a variety option, and not greed. I guess that would be my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I have not heard anyone scream for another gnome race, thats for certain. Though what I have seen or you have seen doesn't really matter. Sure, I might not be so serious about blizzard not caring about money, but it sure would not be the best allied race they could have make for that purpose. I can just think how much money they earned from Void Elf race changes compared to Highmountain Tauren race changes as an example.

It would be as a variety option, and not greed. I guess that would be my point.
    they definitely probably got enough faction and race change monies from velf alone to fuel at least 6 unpopular choices, that's true.

now with vulpera coming, W E W

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they definitely probably got enough faction and race change monies from velf alone to fuel at least 6 unpopular choices, that's true.

now with vulpera coming, W E W
    Yeah, I watched bellular some hours ago where he showed the datamined brewfest thingy where Vulpera was mentioned... ^^ 8.2 was merely a setback.

Unless later in the PTR cycle Ankoan get a massive overhaul in their models, this kills the Jinyu/Ankoan possibility as an Allied Race.

Someone else said it best, people that want Naga, want Naga, some some half-measure. Just like Velfs didn’t fully scratch the itch for some Helf fans, and Mok’Nathal won’t be good enough for Ogres desires.

Also Naga with legs are visually, pretty much Saurok, so just start suggesting Saurok instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think most people want to play naga, not a naga like race.
    This though to be honest I expected them to join the alliance since they appeared in the mop alpha...

1 - I don't know who "we" are, but 90% of the appeal about naga is the legless part, and leg mog be damned.

2- I agree with you, Jinyu > Ankoan in terms of aesthetics.

Although im not tempted to play a fish race, the Ankoan look better that expected, especially the glow on eyes and other body parts, which make them exotic and fierce at the same time. For me it is an improvement from the jinyu, more HD models, more glow, etc.

I wouldnt be shocked if they become an allied race instead of the naga. Naga have two major cons: do not have feet (unless they shift to night elves) and because of their connection to the night elves they can be considered another elven race. The Ankoan do not have any connection to any existent playable race.

I prefer Ankoan to the original jinyu in terms of design. Granted, I'm sure I could be swayed towards the Pearlfin if they were given a high quality model update to really make them shine, but as they exist, I just can't get too excited about them. Culturally, I think the Pearlfin are honestly just kind of boring. Ankoan, at least on the surface, look like they're going to take jinyu culture to a new extreme, and that really appeals to me.

We'll have to see what they're like when Nazjatar opens next week, but I'm pretty sure I'll like them.

Wonder why blizzard doesn't want to add another "monster race" to the alliance rooster. The draenei are success and I am sure worgen will get more popular with the new model update in 8.2. Some atlantean fish men will certanly fit the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, not every new race needs to be a Allied Race,
    Playable races take away the possibility of interesting things happening with them/because of them...For example Ren'dorei(Void Elves) wasted opportunity I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Wonder why blizzard doesn't want to add another "monster race" to the alliance rooster. The draenei are success and I am sure worgen will get more popular with the new model update in 8.2. Some atlantean fish men will certanly fit the alliance.
    The most popular Alliance races are Humans and Night Elves by a WIDE margin. They most likely see monster races as too risky.

Naga are snake people not fish people. So they aren't naga like. They look cool but Blizzard doesn't plan for them to be playable. They would design them to support player armor and have some customization if they would consider making them playable.

Yeah they're pretty cool... but, honestly I wouldn't play one and I am kinda sure that most people wouldn't want to play fish people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Naga are snake people not fish people. So they aren't naga like. They look cool but Blizzard doesn't plan for them to be playable. They would design them to support player armor and have some customization if they would consider making them playable.
    Even IF they made them a race then it also wouldn't mean that they're gonna make them a playable race. Blizzard has confirmed that a couple of times (when people were speculating that Vulpera will be added as a race). Basically, in some cases it's just easier/better to make "full" race models for NPC's instead of the usual way (some model that has armor "glued" on)

I really want where they mentioned Vulpera and showing model anytime sooner in future.

Could be. On one hand, I don't get why they don't use hozen or Jinyu, on the other hand, these are slightly cooler and they could pair them with vulpera for the horde.

They're definitely just Jinyu. Won't be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The most popular Alliance races are Humans and Night Elves by a WIDE margin. They most likely see monster races as too risky.
    Still Dreanei are in 3rd place, the void elves is just a mix of elf and monster. Also let's be real, anything is more interesting than gnomes and dwarfs who are a minority within the alliance. The horde has a more diverse player per race with the only exception of blood elves that are more human and better proportioned than human themself.

Besides with the faction change in the zandalari release. I am sure most people bought at least 1 token for their new zandalar or when they unlock said race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself