Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question I'm not really clear about what happened to Darkshire post-Legion

We know Althea Ebonlocke was eventually put down by Garona but from what I'm reading, the Council Members escaped during the chaos around the same time. I'm surprised the Horde, which must be aware hasn't exploited this in BFA. I'm also surprised the Alliance isn't trying to do something either.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

no one at blizzard knows either

Given Blizzard's consistency, it's probably not even canon. Garona went from saving Anduin's life in Legion to suggesting that maybe she should assassinate him in BFA.

You should expect Horde using Grom'Gol as an outpost to attack Stormwind's back door, razing Westfall, Elwynn and Redridge in lightning strikes, typical wolf rider old fashion.

But that'd require complete understanding of their lore and races, and proper strategic knowledge in a world where flanking is considered a master plan instead of the average.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    You should expect Horde using Grom'Gol as an outpost to attack Stormwind's back door, razing Westfall, Elwynn and Redridge in lightning strikes, typical wolf rider old fashion.

But that'd require complete understanding of their lore and races, and proper strategic knowledge in a world where flanking is considered a master plan instead of the average.
    I remain amazed that even after all this time, no Horde leader had mental acumen to attack Stormwind through the Stranglethorn Vale route. It ought to be a natural course of action. Sending Horde troops to Grom'gol camp and then launching a series of hit and run attacks on the Alliance infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    I remain amazed that even after all this time, no Horde leader had mental acumen to attack Stormwind through the Stranglethorn Vale route. It ought to be a natural course of action. Sending Horde troops to Grom'gol camp and then launching a series of hit and run attacks on the Alliance infrastructure.
    Ikr? Specially when we take into account orcs have been raiders since forever and their most raider clan was one of the strongest Orc clans since before the Horde even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Ikr? Specially when we take into account orcs have been raiders since forever and their most raider clan was one of the strongest Orc clans since before the Horde even existed.
    Blizzard, as usual, forgot their lore and their geography. Not that I excepted actual real world battle tactics and strategies to be implemented in a MMO, so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

To add one more thing.

With the mass arrival of Mag'har orcs to Azeroth to bolster the ravaged Orc population, we got the members of the Bleeding Hollow clan. Orcs from the Bleeding Hollow clan would be at home with this type of warfare that we are talking about. They would turn Westfall, Elwynn Forest and Duskwood into Vietnam.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Ain't no way the Alliance won't notice the massive buildup of Horde forces in Stranglethorn Vale. The Night Watch has an outpost just inside Duskwood's boarder with Stranglethorn that makes regular reports to Raven Hill and Darkshire. If the reports stop, naturally someone will be sent to figure out why. This is just assuming we ignore the Alliance Camp on the other side of the boarder. I doubt they won't try to intercept or at least send word to Darkshire, Sentinel Hill and Goldshire.

The Horde loses the element of surprise once they reach Duskwood where the recently cured Worgen will turn the tables on them. That will buy time for Stormwind to send troops to drive the Horde back and chase after them while a secondary force builds a base in Stranglethorn to deal with Grom'gol directly. They'll be far enough away from Booty Bay to avoid pissing them off, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Given Blizzard's consistency, it's probably not even canon. Garona went from saving Anduin's life in Legion to suggesting that maybe she should assassinate him in BFA.

Eh...I'm pretty sure she was talking about Slyvanas.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

The most logical reason: Blizzard didn't decide that any relevant content takes place in Strangle, making it happen "just in lore" (like being mentioned in some mission also feels kinda cheap).

If i were to provide some "In Universe" explanation:
    Stranglethorn, if we were to use ingame geographic, only has one landroute to enter: The path between Duskwood and Stranglethorn.
    Alliance puts up guards there, any Hit and Run attacks are effectively cut off.

Orcs from the Bleeding Hollow clan would be at home with this type of warfare that we are talking about. They would turn Westfall, Elwynn Forest and Duskwood into Vietnam.
    Darkspear trolls have been exiled from Stranglethorn.
    And going by history, Jungle Trolls win over Bleeding hollow Orcs in Stranglethorn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Darkspear trolls have been exiled from Stranglethorn.
    And going by history, Jungle Trolls win over Bleeding hollow Orcs in Stranglethorn.
    The Gurubashi don't exist anymore and they had dominion over Stranglethorn before the Zandalari took it over, with our help, a decade ago. Why STV is not a huge hub for the Horde right now makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The Gurubashi don't exist anymore and they had dominion over Stranglethorn before the Zandalari took it over, with our help, a decade ago. Why STV is not a huge hub for the Horde right now makes zero sense.
    And?
    My point is that Bleeding Hollow aren't as strong in Strangle compared to the Darkspear.

And going by how often Blizzard seems to re use Trolls as enemies, there seems to be an endless supply of them somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And?
    My point is that Bleeding Hollow aren't as strong in Strangle compared to the Darkspear.

And going by how often Blizzard seems to re use Trolls as enemies, there seems to be an endless supply of them somewhere.
    Bleeding Hollow orcs have never even been to STV, as far as I'm aware. Furthermore, the point is irrelevant. The Horde has several jungle-friendly races that would make quick work of a southern attack on Stormwind's surrounding locales.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    We know Althea Ebonlocke was eventually put down by Garona but from what I'm reading, the Council Members escaped during the chaos around the same time. I'm surprised the Horde, which must be aware hasn't exploited this in BFA. I'm also surprised the Alliance isn't trying to do something either.
    Why did Garona kill her?

Probably because maintaining a supply line through Stranglethorn Vale would be hard without conquering the area wholesale first which would give the Alliance more than plenty of time to react and fortify its heartland. Also Grom'gol is one outpost to which reinforcements have to be ferried by ship or Zeppelin, which is an incredibly tenuous position when attempting to assault a wide territory that your opponent will likely defend to the last. The Horde would have to also conquer Westfal and establish a beachhead on its coast, all in sight of Stormwind's navy.

At least that's my Watsonian explanation, the obvious Doylist one being that the war is not allowed to actually affect newbie zones unless specifically required by the plot, much like the Legion somehow never though of sending Infernals to burn Stormwind or Teldrassil which have both proven to be extremely flammable.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Bleeding Hollow orcs have never even been to STV, as far as I'm aware.
    They were during the first war, it's in Chronicle 2.

They went in there because felt Strangle was familiar to Tanaan, once in there, struggled with Hit and Run from the Gurubashi trolls, Blackhand then ordered them to leave after he found out how many orcs bit the dust for territorial gain that has no real value.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why did Garona kill her?
    Part of the rogue assassination artifact quest. I forget the minor details, but you can look it up if you're curious. I absolutely hated it. Felt like it destroyed her characterization from the Mor'Ladim questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why did Garona kill her?
    Turns out she was working for the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Part of the rogue assassination artifact quest. I forget the minor details, but you can look it up if you're curious. I absolutely hated it. Felt like it destroyed her characterization from the Mor'Ladim questline.
    That sucks, another character from Vanilla that is killed for little to no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Turns out she was working for the demons.
    I'm just reading about it now. I wish I had done all the class hall quests in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

Eh...I'm pretty sure she was talking about Slyvanas.
    The line only references King
    " I caused the downfall of one king. Perhaps it is time I ended the reign of another."

but can be viewed either way if one wished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    From Wowpedia:

It is revealed that she betrayed Stormwind by becoming a leading member of the Veiled Hand. Her betrayal is discovered by the Shadows of the Uncrowned in the town after which she moves to Stormwind City where she is killed by Garona Halforcen and the rogues.

Link: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Althea_Ebonlocke
    ...I do believe it will remain canon personally.

That said, it doesn't destroy her characterization at all. Look at Tobias Mistmantle, did exactly what his Undead brother wanted and gave in to the beast within--literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Probably because maintaining a supply line through Stranglethorn Vale would be hard without conquering the area wholesale first which would give the Alliance more than plenty of time to react and fortify its heartland. Also Grom'gol is one outpost to which reinforcements have to be ferried by ship or Zeppelin, which is an incredibly tenuous position when attempting to assault a wide territory that your opponent will likely defend to the last. The Horde would have to also conquer Westfal and establish a beachhead on its coast, all in sight of Stormwind's navy.

...Read my previous post. I basically said all this.

Even if we assume Darkshire is currently deserted, the Alliance will move in force to block the only overland route into Duskwood as soon as they notice the Horde buildup at Grom'gol. Conquering Westfall to open a second front might be harder than you think. Post-Wrath, we know Sentinel Hill was being reinforced. Assuming Stoutmantle got Moonbrook online after the Defias are dealt with up and running, it would be fair to assume a harbor or batteries will have been built. Even without those, Stoutmantle would simultaneously engage while sending word to Stormwind. He'd be able to keep the Horde landing force busy long enough for reinforcements to quickly by land and sea.

The Royal Navy would sink the Horde ships and leave the landing force caught between the defenders and cannon fire from the sea. They'd get decimated real quick there. It's just not a realistic maneuver to invade Westfall by sea since Stormwind would send help so quickly.