Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    did he get the McDonalds though? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    How nice of the cop to bring him food. I guess hunger can be an emergency, as people die to it daily. But that was maybe a bit exaggerated. But kids have done even stupider things at that age, and older. Usually only experience teaches.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

The kid was probably told "if there is an emergency or need help call 911". He thought "well I'm hungry and I need help". I think it's cute. He is only 5. Teach him what it is actually for and leave it alone.

Kent County dispatch contacted Wyoming police who sent Officer Dan Patterson to check on the boy, WZZM reported.

On his way to check on Iziah, Patterson stopped by a local McDonalds and picked something up.

"I figured hey I'm driving past McDonald's on my way there and I might as well get him something," he told the station.

That was nice of him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    You know when I first started hearing about things like this, one of the times it was some kid calling 911 for help with homework, another because his father ran a red light or something.

Is it cute or funny on it's own? Yes

Is it actually funny or cute that this could keep someone who really needs it from getting help? No

Sorry while this is still kind of amusing, the fact is we have adults actually calling 911 for stupid shit like Subway not getting their order right. Yeah this shit needs to stop, it's not actually that damn funny. Especially when people doing this under less cute circumstances, decide to use these circumstances as a defense.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    "I figured hey I'm driving past McDonald's on my way there and I might as well get him something," he told the station.
    lmfao kids a genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Inb4 $30000 ambulance bill for the grandmother.
    Hey I only had to pay $1500 for an ambulance that was called on me for having a seizure when I quit alcohol cold turkey xD I didn't even use it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats both funny and cute, but I hope the grandmother / parents reinforced "an emergency means you or someone else got really badly hurt" and not just "Im super hungry".

I....may have done something similar when I was 6. Called 911 randomly but then hung up and hid under the couch because I thought Id get in trouble. Given no cops visited I assume I actually hung up before it connected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Thats both funny and cute, but I hope the grandmother / parents reinforced "an emergency means you or someone else got really badly hurt" and not just "Im super hungry".

I....may have done something similar when I was 6. Called 911 randomly but then hung up and hid under the couch because I thought Id get in trouble. Given no cops visited I assume I actually hung up before it connected.
    why did you call 911? (did you miss a sailor moon episode? )
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Well that escalated quickly.
    It's MMOC-GenOT. Everyone has the correct opinion on everything and is an expert on everything, and everyone else is an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why did you call 911? (did you miss a sailor moon episode? )
    I cant even remember. I think I was just curious.

but yes, missing an episode is completely an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    You sure he didn't call 911 after getting a heart attack from eating McDonald's instead?
    I don't think it just up and kills you immediately, at 5 years old anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an example of perfect citizen relying on the Government from his earliest days

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I like that the officer actually brought him some McDonald's, very peculiar.
    The cops in my town literally sit around. Ive caught a few of them out playing pokemon go when I walk around to play. I know some of them. Small towns have bored cops, who knew. I think the last time the cops here actually had something to do was when the main road flooded from a storm and they had to redirect traffic? That was last November.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    5 years old is old enough to know calling 911 is for emergencies only. This story isn't cute or funny. This kid will now think its okay to call 911 since he got food out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Amusing? Interesting? What is amusing or interesting about some retarded kid calling 911 and hogging resources from those who actually need it?
    Glad to see you are as furious and pointless as always. When you out stupid Fox you might just stop and think for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I like that the officer actually brought him some McDonald's, very peculiar.
    I get why they'd do it. A kid calls and says they are hungry. There's a small chance that they being neglected or was left at home without food. Cop stopped by just to be sure.

Guys, if the kid was actually taking up city resources they'd just hang and not respond to the call...Kids have made dumber, more irrational mistakes. Hell, adults do all the time.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-04-22 at 05:33 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think people are being too hard on the 5 year old if the cop had time to pick up McDonalds before heading over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    5 years old is old enough to know calling 911 is for emergencies only. This story isn't cute or funny. This kid will now think its okay to call 911 since he got food out of it.
    Yeah I feel like that was probably the wrong call to make on the part of the cop, although it's a nice gesture.

ok... "kid does silly thing, more news at 11."

There is no reason to think some malignant thought pattern led this kid to dial 911. He probably doesn't know better. Adults are often crap at explaining stuff. If an adult has told him "you call 911 when you really seriously need help" that can be interpreted by a child in a multitude of ways.

Keep in mind children don't have the reference pattern that we do. Hunger could well constitute an emergency. Childrens minds rarely go to serious injury and/or death, and if they do the kid probably needs professional help.

So... this was silly, no evidence of evil/callous intent, and no harm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Amusing? Interesting? What is amusing or interesting about some retarded kid calling 911 and hogging resources from those who actually need it?
    Image someone calling a 5 year old retarded because he got hungry. Is this really what the internet has become. Sometimes, after reading crap like this I wish I didn't even know what the internet was. It seems to always bring out the idiot in someone. Go ahead, let your smart ass comments fly. Right now I could care less. On second thought, do your worst.

How does one go to grandparents house and stays hungry ?