Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why should it be the last one? I dont get this reasoning. Is there any signs of this being the last one? Is Blizzard shutting down?
    is easy the ppl that claim stuff like this hate blizzard, or wish the old blizzard come back, bullshit like this, they cant deal with changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I have a lot of doubts. Expansion will only be a year out in Nov. And after the shit storm of BFA being rushed , they better take Thier time with 9.0. New expansion my ght be next year at gamescon
    no way its wow's anniversary year, it will be at con. i'm sure
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I wonder if virtual pass is also having a price increase. It would be really hard to justify that (and the physical ticket price) after the last year. Not sure if and how they are going to make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm conflicted this year. I've never missed a Blizzcon and I still actively/happily play several of their games, but the layoff situation was really gross to me. The community people who hosted and arranged significant aspects of the convention are mostly gone now, and so I'm also not sure I trust whatever intern/contractor/third party they replaced them with to replicate the experience in a positive way. If nothing else, I feel like the morale of everyone there isn't going to allow the same level of enthusiasm.

I guess the lottery will decide anyway if I can even go.
    My guess would be that it was always contracted 3rd party event planners. You aren't going to ask the people answering questions on forums to organize a multi-day convention for tens of thousands of people involving dozens of other companies and parties, as well as a built in filming and livestreaming service. You have someone who's entire career is based on doing that organize it. And you aren't going to pay someone full-time year round to organize one event that you decide whether or not to have on a yearly basis, so whoever does it is probably not a Blizzard employee, but a group hired by Blizzard specifically for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    My guess would be that it was always contracted 3rd party event planners. You aren't going to ask the people answering questions on forums to organize a multi-day convention for tens of thousands of people involving dozens of other companies and parties, as well as a built in filming and livestreaming service. You have someone who's entire career is based on doing that organize it. And you aren't going to pay someone full-time year round to organize one event that you decide whether or not to have on a yearly basis, so whoever does it is probably not a Blizzard employee, but a group hired by Blizzard specifically for the event.
    They have a lot more "events" then blizzcon that need organizing. Hell every OWL match needs a shit ton of event organization

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    is easy the ppl that claim stuff like this hate blizzard, or wish the old blizzard come back, bullshit like this, they cant deal with changes.
    Hey I dislike stuff Blizzard does, but thinking like that is just moronic.. Weird that people are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They have a lot more "events" then blizzcon that need organizing. Hell every OWL match needs a shit ton of event organization
    The two are not the same. The sort of person who organizes competitive events like OWL is not the same person organizing a 40,000 person convention. OWL probably has it's own dedicated organization team to begin with.

The two are not the same. The sort of person who organizes competitive events like OWL is not the same person organizing a 40,000 person convention.
    There may be SOME third party involvement in the big event, but a lot is still on Blizzard event coordinators, many of whom were canned. Basically nowadays.... don't go into customer service, don't go into event coordination, don't go into esports, don't go into video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some similarities, but I'm weird.

Goddamn I love the statues so much, definitely going to get the orc and probably going to grab the footman too. I hope they keep making more in the style like these and the Saurfang and Greymane ones.

I doubt there will be many more. This could be the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think the new expansion is getting announced at Blizzcon this year. Too much left of BFA
    Honestly I hope it's the last Blizzcon.

They haven't cared about their games for years and at this point Blizzcon never has anything special to it anymore. It's not a fan event. It's just an advertising gimmick.

There may be SOME third party involvement in the big event, but a lot is still on Blizzard event coordinators, many of whom were canned. Basically nowadays.... don't go into customer service, don't go into event coordination, don't go into esports, don't go into video games.
    The MAJORITY of the event is probably 3rd party. It is not like any of the other events Blizzard does, so it requires people who have expertise in that kind of large scale event planning, not people who organize team building trips, small competitive events, events for visting partner companies, etc.

The MAJORITY of the event is probably 3rd party. It is not like any of the other events Blizzard does, so it requires people who have expertise in that kind of large scale event planning, not people who organize team building trips, small competitive events, events for visting partner companies, etc.
    Nah, we'll have to agree to disagree, it probably is this year though because they fired them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    1. This is not "WoW-Con"
    2. First price increase in 5 years. Those have been higher or similar in the past (relatively)
    3. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlizzCon
    You seem upset, may i recommend a good massage or yoga.

Blizzcon=not wow con is like saying mmo-c is non a wow site but one for all mmo`s.
    Last edited by Frolk; 2019-04-25 at 08:13 PM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Just remember: You can't actually USE your advertised blizzcon ticket pass until AFTER you reach revered with all the factions and unlock flying.

Nah, we'll have to agree to disagree, it probably is this year though because they fired them all.
    Think you're right. Blizzcon is organised by Blizzard staff. There was a video about the person organising last year on the blizzcon site. I think they'd been the assistant organiser previously and 2018 was their first year as the lead.

Also a lot of the support at the event was the customer service people they brought in which is why Blizzcon is held where it is. Easy access to blizzard staff.

Just a pity all the 2018 content is gone now (or at least I can't find it) with the update to 2019 info.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-04-25 at 08:16 PM.

Blizzard doesn't see things in "tiers" they see them in "seasons" and there will be 4 "seasons" during BfA.

That said... I hope we get an Epic 14-16 boss raid for the last raid... sick of these short 8-9 boss raids.
    The Diablo staff sees things in seasons; the WoW community sees things in tier, and the shift towards seasonal play is killing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    The Diablo staff sees things in seasons; the WoW community sees things in tier, and the shift towards seasonal play is killing the game.
    The shift toward seasonal "stuff" isn't really any different then in the past honestly. There's always been catchup after the new tier starts, since at least TBC. And since around Wrath we started moving away from raids being relevant all expansion to only the current being relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the new expansion is getting announced at Blizzcon this year. Too much left of BFA

too much left? there is only 8.2 and 8.3 left,i doubt it will be 8.4 like mob

i think they will jus announce/teaser the expansion, but not show many things.

But yeah they could just advertise 8.3