Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    At Blizzcon.
    Hope it will be last blizzcon, if they will do shitshow like last time.

But where all the positivity gone? The better question is, if BfA is good expac?

Patch notes 8.0

Positivity was oficially been removed from the game because we dont even.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    The people still positive to the game is playing it and avoiding this cesspool. Its sad to see where mmo-champion has gone. It was a wow fan site, now its a wow bashing wall. its riddled with people trashing the game daily. Saying they "moved on" from the game, yet are in the forums talking trash every single day, unfounded garbage and the same shit over and over, nothing new. same complaints.

Yes, bfa has issues, legion had issues. Every single expansion has had issues. You saying "they are adding nothing new to the game, i can't wait for classic" you see how moronic this is and counter-productive ?
    "i have stopped playing the game and moved on, but im here daily talking crap in every single thread i can find because it gets me off" funny how you moving on is actually you being obsessed with the game. (you know who you are)

There are still many people playing and enjoying the game. Don't let this place trick you into thinking wow is dead, its far from
    Thank you for defining a straw man argument for us. Do you not see how silly this sort of trash makes you look? Hyperbole and Straw man arguments are a common theme from those blindly defending the game. Without actually acknowledging any of the issues other than saying "sure, bfa has issues" and then spending the next 2 sentences trying to dismiss those issues as 'non-issues', and very quickly moving on to attacking those who define and critique the issues in the hope of improving the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Patch notes 8.0

Positivity was oficially been removed from the game because we dont even.
    final patch of expac "positivity has been added back into the game, because we have listened to what you said 2 years ago back in beta, and we now agree it should be a part of the game"

Pre-patch for next expac "positivity has been removed from the game for the next expac, but may be added back if we see demand for it"

final patch of next expac "positivity has been added back into the game, because we have listened to what you said 2 years ago back in beta, and we now agree it should be a part of the game"

Since OP didn't limit it to BfA and even brought examples from earlier expansions himself: I still like listening to WoD's soundtrack, in fact I am doing it right now. You can say what you want about that expansion and most of it is justified but the OST was the best WoW has ever had by a long shot (imo).

Regarding BfA I am surprised that the raid team is still able to come up with new fun and interesting raid mechanics (although it's hit and miss, but it always has been), beside raiding there is nothing I enjoy about this expansion though.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-04-25 at 05:22 AM.

Well WoD was so bad we got Legion.

BFA was demonstrably worse so hopefully next expansion (that introduces tinkers) is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Ive played the game since vanilla, with a couple of breaks to throw into the pot (insert angry eyes looking at cata & wod).
    I for one am just tired of the gear treadmill and the blandness of classes, so I am instead of playing BFA (though being subscribed) playing on one of "those" servers and having a blast tbh. It has made me aware again why I got hooked 14 years ago! Why in gods name Blizz decided to screw over their vision like what we see today is beyond me, but my guess is they were looking at what was best for developers (all classes should be equal in capeabilities or having the same tools with different colors), instead of keeping focus on what was best for the game. BFA today is a nice looking expansion, but this whole prospect of gearing up just to have mobs scale with you is a bad idea, cause why get stronger if you still end up having to still use 4-6 key presses to down anything ?
    I would like for class uniqueness to come back. Legion was good as it again felt a bit like focusing on your class story (though the ship with class uniqueness have long sailed) so I am going to bite my time for Classic to come out and then I am going to play the crap out of it (the positive aspects of vanilla far outweighs the quirks that are in there, but in vanilla I'll just shrug it off as being a part of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If they are enjoying the game the way it is that's fine. They don't need to subscribe to your opinions. People are allowed to like different things.

I enjoy a movie. Film critics say it's a terrible movie. I enjoyed it. Fuck them and the review they rode in on. People aren't wrong for enjoying something you disagree with. It's not ignorance. It's a different opinion.

God save us from all of those who believe the opinions rattling around in their heads are objective facts.
    I didn't say they had to see things my way. I said that being unaware of problems doesn't mean they don't exist, or that those problems won't effect those people.

Just because a person is playing the game and having fun, and never goes to the forums, doesn't mean posts made on a forum aren't valid. And a person sticking to their opinion and being willing to defend it doesn't mean they're claiming opinion as fact.

But let me go ahead and run with your analogy.

Two people like the same movie. One person later finds out that the movie was generally funded by illegitimate means...like...tax evasion. That person tells the other person about it and says they should take that into consideration next time they go to see a movie by the same producer.

If a person decides that they're going to ignore the fact of the tax evasion and keep watching movies, that's on them. It doesn't make the first person wrong, though. And if some people never become aware of the tax evasion because they're just watching movies and having fun, it doesn't magically make the tax evasion point invalid.

Now if you want to take the stance that Tax evasion doesn't matter as long as you're having fun, then we can argue about that. I think you'd probably lose that argument, however.

So when I say things like Blizzard is a bad company, and maybe you shouldn't keep supporting them by playing their games, that's all I'm doing. I'm not claiming it as fact. I'm trying to get people to look at the game in a different light, and consider things they hadn't before.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-25 at 06:12 AM.

Started doing BGs lately. I can say that the new AB and WSG are amazing looking. Wintergrasp is also awesome and better than the wrath version gameplay-wise.

The content in BFA is a B+. It’s the game design which sucks.

I wonder if the passengers on the Titanic were wondering where all the positivity had gone.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I wonder if the passengers on the Titanic were wondering where all the positivity had gone.
    Why would they? The band was playing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thank you for defining a straw man argument for us. Do you not see how silly this sort of trash makes you look? Hyperbole and Straw man arguments are a common theme from those blindly defending the game. Without actually acknowledging any of the issues other than saying "sure, bfa has issues" and then spending the next 2 sentences trying to dismiss those issues as 'non-issues', and very quickly moving on to attacking those who define and critique the issues in the hope of improving the game.

- - - Updated - - -

final patch of expac "positivity has been added back into the game, because we have listened to what you said 2 years ago back in beta, and we now agree it should be a part of the game"

Pre-patch for next expac "positivity has been removed from the game for the next expac, but may be added back if we see demand for it"

final patch of next expac "positivity has been added back into the game, because we have listened to what you said 2 years ago back in beta, and we now agree it should be a part of the game"
    pretty much this, over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We got Legion because WoD was abandoned. BfA has NOT been abandoned.

Sadly I think WoD could have been amazing if it had not been abandoned. While I seriously doubt that BfA can be saved.
    What makes you so sure BfA has not been abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    Forums tend to be the worst place to go if you're looking for positive feedback. Tons of MMO-C users haven't even played WoW for years, yet still decide to contribute hate towards the game. I'd recommend checking out r/wow on reddit if anything, as it tends to be more positive with people who actually still play and enjoy the game.
    Lol, they literally banned negative posts on r/wow, so yeah, of course it's less negative.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Everywhere you look are mostly negative threads about the game. I understand there are things about Blizz that people don't like *lore being one, while the design team is pretty good*
    WTB more positive thoughts about WoW
    I'm a big fan of some of the game music myself. Example in Wrath, i'll play with the game sound on...or while in Boralus i'll have it on. There are zones that i hang out in sometimes cause they look really nice. I find the combat system pretty smooth *not clunky like other mmo's i've played*

Please list your positive aspects of the game. No negative crap please!
    It's like this.... blizzard gathered all the positives from legions and shred it than rather carrying it over for bfa. They are looking for a fresh start but it's goddamn horrible move coming from blizzard. Our hopes already have been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    As people say, people don't tend to sit around and talk about how great everything is. More people enjoy the game than not,the undesirables just like to sit around and whine.

the sub numbers would disagree with this sentiment.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is terrible.

Recently changed to FFXIV, and everything is great again.

I doubt I'll ever go back.
    Here is something to believe in!

You're making a joke, but it's actually a pretty accurate description of how Blizzard releases content and "listens" to players. Doing the bare minimum so they can point to it and say: "Look! We did what you asked!" and then invalidating it immediately afterwords.

I was pretty positive about Legion. Bfa is just absolute garbage. I have 18 days left on my sub. I am not renewing, and I doubt I am coming back.

Why? The developers just DONT get the playerbase or the reasons WHY we are leaving. Their fixes come WAY too late, and even those fixes don't address the big issues.

Like instead of redoing portals, they could have worked on classes that people have complained about since day 1 of Bfa. NO ONE complained the portal system needed to be fixed.

The game as it is is old, and they keep doing the same old same old and so it is boring as fuck. I am not negative about the game, I am just DONE. I have no faith in the people who make the game and if more people like me unsub, someone will lose their job and hopefully shit will change. If not, I don't give a fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    What makes you so sure BfA has not been abandoned?
    8.2 versus 6.2. If you have to honestly ask that question you are being purposefully obtuse.

As a whole I think the climate shift has gone towards negativity industry wide. There seems to be a lot more buzzworthy negative reactions and they tend to get more views/clicks so it seems to be everywhere. Some is justified, some is not. No one really spends time discussing positive things. But everyone loves to gripe and that stuff tends to stick out more.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-04-25 at 10:14 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    the sub numbers would disagree with this sentiment.
    Have to agree here. Never heard of so much people leaving/moving to other games.

Even WoD wasn't this bad.