Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    San'layn are probably to evil for the horde in the future.
    Alliance then
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    I get you there buddy, it's true there's a lot elves already but San'layn are totally different, i can't explain, just brings a different vibe for me at least
    I think that's the vampire vibe taking spotlight, not that it's an elf with a gimmick. Many types of vampire from RL mythos have pointy ears anyway, so it's easier to overlook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Ethereals for the Alliance, where they can interact with the Void Elves (Who have a racial ability called "Ethereal Connection") and could be led by the ominous Locus-Walker (Who is a close friend and tutor of Alleria Windrunner). That's far more potential than Ethereals in the Horde.
    I'd hesitate to call Locus-Walker a close friend, or even a staunch ally. They're very open and honest that they're using us, and helping Alleria and the void elves only because our goals and theirs coincide.

Not to say I don't want playable ethereals. They've been on my wish list ever since I got an earful of Nexus-Prince Shaffar's melted-butter voice acting.

On-topic: Vulpera and mechagnomes are all but confirmed. Mechagnomes were teased back at Blizzcon, and Vulpera have far too much customization work put in just for an NPC race; given that goblin updates are on the way and vulpera use the goblin base, it seems like Vulpera are a shoe-in for an allied race using the updated goblin base. I'd like to see furbolgs using a customized pandaren base (less husky, more savage) on the Alliance, and Stonemaul ogres (using the Kul'Tiran or orc base) for Horde.

And for heaven's sake, give the Revantusk and Wildhammers their due, and make them playable already!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Fucking Sethrak and fucking Drakonid. Let's get something monstrous instead of another different types of humans. Maybe four armed race? Just not fish.
    Sethrak is nice but i'm skeptic that blizzard will make them an allied race.

Drakonid, there's beauty on this. The most hard part about this, is the mogs and skeletons that don't fit those monstrous features and would give a hella of a lot work to blizzard to fix and fit all of that.

What would even be the reason for Drakonid to join as allied races at this point? I don't see how it can work on this expansion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Next class is 100% going to be Dark Ranger. Unless Blizz decides to move away from classes being themed on expansions we won't see Tinkerer because we're never going to see a Gnome/Goblin expansion.

Meanwhile we've got Kaldorei Dark Rangers running around now, death themes becoming much more prominent and Sylvanas as the resident author waifu that just won't go away. Even when she does eventually go away we have new Sylvanas in Delaryn Summermoon, who is one of those newfangled Kaldorei Dark Rangers. How you guys think Tinkerer is a shoe in is beyond me.

I also can only see San'layn introduced with another Elf race added for the Alliance. They're too popular for Blizzard to add one to one faction and not the other.
    If they add San'layn anytime in the near future, one of the possible counterparts they could add would be feral Night-elf worgen.

10+ Year Old Account

I can think of Ethereal and Ogres as allied races but more than that, my creativity is limited. Any ideas?
    Ogres were in alpha or prealpha didnt remember but they were kicked out becuase they were to clunky at all. Gameplay moves, armor models etc.

Ethereal sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Don't understand people desire for Ethereals
    What customize will they have? 3 type of shades for bandages?
    I mean, somebody who doesn't even work at Blizzard created a pretty good concept for Ethereal faces.

Far as I know, the lad posts here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Don't understand people desire for Ethereals
    What customize will they have? 3 type of shades for bandages?
    - Bandages: color, quantity (highly / lousy tied), quality (ragged, normal, luxurious)
    - Energy color
    - Special accents that current NPCs don't have, like pendants, jewels, etc.

They could make them work both as neutral race or allied race:

If as neutral:
    - They can make a faction lead by Locus-Walker join the Alliance, to bridge Velves and Draenei, fight the void together, and create internal conflict with the LF Draenei (something I think Alliance always lacked).
    - Meanwhile, another, more business oriented faction, can join the Horde as goblin partner/competitor.

If as allied race, then just pick the alliance one.

7+ Year Old Account

Cool

Horde allied races:

-- Mok'Nathal
    -- Hobgoblins
    -- San'layn (I kind of don't want but I could see)
    -- Hozen (not actually an allied race but we did ally with them to an extent in Pandaria)

Alliance allied races:

-- Mechagnomes
    -- some-beast-transformation-like-race to be paired with the Worgen (since the Worgen know what it's like to "wrestle with the beast within" and can help this race) but Blizzard would have to pull a brand new race out of their ass à la Void Elves
    -- Jinyu (to be paired with Hozen for Horde)

Never going to happen:

-- High Elves

Sethrak is nice but i'm skeptic that blizzard will make them an allied race.

Drakonid, there's beauty on this. The most hard part about this, is the mogs and skeletons that don't fit those monstrous features and would give a hella of a lot work to blizzard to fix and fit all of that.

What would even be the reason for Drakonid to join as allied races at this point? I don't see how it can work on this expansion at least.
    We are going to fight Twilight flight in 8.2 And maybe visit Dragon Isles later? Always a chance for them to pop out and hug us strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Orly now, and you know this how?
    speculation. sorry, i thought that was assumed.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

A kind response to a kind person! Mag'har orcs are great and highmountain taurens too, i agree with those races so much, it is fenomenal having them as allied race.

Jinyu, even before allied races, back to 2014 there was already people on Deviantart wanting them to be a race.

Wow! I love that!

Fucking Sethrak and fucking Drakonid. Let's get something monstrous instead of another different types of humans. Maybe four armed race? Just not fish.
    I agree with you here for the most part. I think monstrous races like drakonid and sethrak would make for incredible allied race material. More than two arms would probably be a tough thing to do for the devs, but hey, if they can do it, that's cool. I'm definitely a supporter of sethrak and drakonid (or some kind of humanoid dragon) as allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Ankoan are great, at least from what we currently know of them. The most basic idea we got of them and how the Alliance will meet them screams allied race, and they're essentially Samurai Deepsea Fish people. How is that not great?

They use the Night Elf skeleton at the moment (same way Zandalari essentially does, albeit with a few new anims), but they could get some unique anims and great customization options. I am quite fond of the idea of customizable bioluminescent spot patterns, being able to adjust the pattern and the color of the bioluminescence.
    Yeah those Ankoan look absolutely fantastic. The bioluminescence is just awesome honestly. I’d kill for a race like that. They probably wouldn’t be Paladins which would suck but they’re still really cool. The one on the far left, far right and 2nd from the far right look cool as fuck.

Allied races I’d like to see-

For alliance: Vrykul, Ankoan/Jinyu, Lightforged undead(?), iron dwarves/wildhammer dwarves, titanforged mechagnomes or mechagon mechagnomes with full body customization, ethereals.

For horde: Ogres, Saberon, taunka, hozen(?), san’layn.

They have so much potential here. They keep saying they’ll add races where they make sense but they’re sitting on a mountain of older races that make perfect sense. I’m hoping they understand that.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-28 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah those Ankoan look absolutely fantastic. The bioluminescence is just awesome honestly. I’d kill for a race like that. They probably wouldn’t be Paladins which would suck but they’re still really cool. The one on the far left, far right and 2nd from the far right look cool as fuck.

Allied races I’d like to see-

For alliance: Vrykul, Ankoan/Jinyu, Lightforged undead(?), iron dwarves/wildhammer dwarves, titanforged mechagnomes or mechagon mechagnomes with full body customization, ethereals.

For horde: Ogres, Saberon, taunka, hozen(?), san’layn.

They have so much potential here. They keep saying they’ll add races where they make sense but they’re sitting on a mountain of older races that make perfect sense. I’m hoping they understand that.
    Yeah. Jinyu are pretty cool, but making them Anglerfish makes them even better, imo.

Also, on that note, Wowchakra made a video on them, showing off the pulsing luminescence effect:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    speculation. sorry, i thought that was assumed.
    Your post contained an air of certainty, so...

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post

Alliance allied races:

-- some-beast-transformation-like-race to be paired with the Worgen (since the Worgen know what it's like to "wrestle with the beast within" and can help this race) but Blizzard would have to pull a brand new race out of their ass à la Void Elves
    Sethrak uses worgen animations with some upgrades so yeah theres that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as people don't confuse allied race with new race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post

The system of allied races is a spectacular system, really. I'll be honest and say the reason I resubbed last year was because the announcement of allied races. Ever since the faction war of MoP, I've wanted subraces, which we now have in the form of allied races. The good thing about this system is that the devs aren't restricted to just subraces, they can add anything really. Anyway, with some changes to the unlock criteria (some love the grind, some hate it), I feel more people will be on board with allied races in the future, too. Sorry for going off on a tangent, time to focus on the topic at hand.

Just wanted to highlight this as my feelings are 100% different.

As someone who played the same character for 12 1/2 years, I have no interest in Allied races. I already have tauren, dwarves, and orcs, getting them with different horns or skin tone just isn't a big selling point for me. If I could do that in the barber shop to my current characters, that would be one thing, and I'd possibly do that. But farming out rep and then re-leveling a whole new alt? Nah, fam.

I'm not currently playing, and as a roleplayer, the ARs that were chosen and they way they were implemented contributed a lot to my disgust with BFA. Two groups (Highmountain and Nightborne) that I'm an exalted hero with, and now they're suddenly my enemy? All right. And void elves are hands down the most dumb thing that has ever happened in lore, I got so disgusted just having to look at them that I realized I wouldn't be able to play a game with them in it. They also felt like a cheap cash grab for race changes, and a way to drag out subs to get heirloom armor, especially since they made leveling take longer.

So, do a lot of people like AR? Yeah, I would guess so, based on how many paid for race changes. But not every player is so enthralled with them, and I think they played a large part in pushing me away from BFA. If there are more in the future, I'll just continue to stay away, thanks.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    WILDHAMMER DWARVES, AND VRYKUL FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    Only in my dreams.

I want Amani for Horde, Wildhammer for Alliance. Bring it back to moderation as Allied Races being subfactions of existing races, not just completely new neutral factions like Ethereals or whatnot. Otherwise there's really no distinction to an Allied Race.