Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    There trying to save what they have for blizzcon. At this point I doubt that they have much to offer anymore at least for wow. SC2 might be promising if it ever announces an mmo version. Been in the works for a while just not announced yet.
    Don't think there's been an SC MMO in the works mate.

I just don't see that kind of setting working properly with their other franchises personally. I know there was an Arcade game in SC2 that was kind of MMOlike.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh if you say so. Not continuing now as I said it's just going in circles.

We have different opinions on the matter. We both disagree with each other which is fair so let's just leave it at that.
    Everyone has different opinions indeed, like i think Final Fantasy is a refuge game for degenerates who lack critical thinking skills or any semblance of good taste . To each their own I guess.

OT: Seem's like a good sign for Blizzcon this year, rather than spread news thin, condense it and make it worth people's time/money to go/watch Blizzcon.

A little sad but then again they've had streams for 8.1 and 8.2, which served nicely as announcements, even if 8.2 was also talked about at BlizzCon. Might as well do the same with 8.3 when the time is right, even 8.2.5 if they feel like it but as a .5 patch I'm guessing that won't necessarily happen.

Saves significant resources and staff and doesn't rely on Gamescom's facilities and what not. Home turf announcements for the win!

15+ Year Old Account
    With 8.2 and Classic likely both launching within a pretty short window around the Gamescom dates, I'm not surprised that they don't want to send a bunch of their key staff overseas for a week to announce patch content when they can just do a livestream from their new streaming setup.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It costs a lot of money to appear at these, and Blizzard is cutting costs. If they don't have anything big to show, then they won't be doing themselves any favors by wasting the money. At this point, it could also be an issue of trying to avoid more bad press, by opting for no press.

obvious choice - they are saving everything for blizzcon .

Just a reminder Riot games did the same thing an is still going strong

15+ Year Old Account
    And Europe gets ignored again. Way to shit on your most hardcore playerbase.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Awh. Was hoping for some WC3R news

How much of this usual sandbox slap fighting is based on the misguided perception that Blizzard has any intention of announcing anything big outside of Blizzcon? Ever since they broke their own convention of using their own con for announcements when they announced Legion, it's been used as the basis for this breathless hope for EVERY convention - "They're gonna do something at PAX, I have inside information", "They're gonna announce blah blah at Gamescon"....yeah, no. And when the usual suspects don't get their dopamine hits from speculation and fake leaks, well, they're gonna get their dopamine, even if it means posting cranky, pissy comments about "BLIZZARD ONLY WANTS MUNNEY", "ACTIVISION BAD", etc.

This place goes more 4chan every month. It's just boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Big middle finger to Europe. Don't you guys have $550 for Blizzcon passes????!?!?!?!!?
    The actual ticket for blizzcon is always the cheapest part of the trip, also its not 550 that is if you want LITERWLLY EVERYTHING you can buy just a normal ticket for far less my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I think this is smart move. Better to pull back and wait for Blizzcon for the big stuff rather than have an uninteresting Gamescom. I remember when all they had to show for the 2017 Gamescom was 7.3 info that we already knew for months. It was a major letdown.

According to Taliesin, supposedly some of the devs were telling him if there was one Blizzcon to go see, it would be this one coming up. Hope that holds true. We all know it'll be an expac announcement.
    Gamescon 2018 was literally an empty stage. BFA had been out 2 weeks and they were not ready to show 8.2 or 8.1 yet so those waited till blizzcon
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

not too surprised since Gamescon and Blizzcon are literally within like a week of each other this year, they want their announcements for their own con in a situation like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I agree he does seem to have some slight bias towards Blizzard. I do think they are going to pull out all the stops for this particular Blizzcon, though. They really pissed a lot of people off the last one.

Then again, I could be wrong.
    Thing is last blizzcon was good, but people cry about it simply because of the daiblo immortal anoun emrnt, and while yes it was distasteful, pokemon go did not replace pokemon sword and shield, or let's go, or others, it was a spin off, like how diablo immortal is a spin off, diablo 4 is still in the making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    That's pretty damning, honestly. Nothing worth/far enough along to share across all their IPs? Oof.

But still selling gear in the store OFC.
    You do know like 80% of the booths at gamescon are companies selling mercy and that's all right..?

Also what do you think would be a smarter plan for blizzard?
    Show off content for a convention that only about 10% of the people there care about

Or wait a few weeks to show said content off at their OWN convention where 100% of the people are interested?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    There trying to save what they have for blizzcon. At this point I doubt that they have much to offer anymore at least for wow. SC2 might be promising if it ever announces an mmo version. Been in the works for a while just not announced yet.
    "Not much to offer this year"

I mean its not like this is the expansion announcement year
    Or when they will announce 8.3
    Or launch 8.2.5 if its not already out
    Or talk about how wow classic is doing, and plans for its future/phase release dates.

Nah nothing big for wow this year.

Also a rtsmmo does not really work, so nah, also star craft players want more RTS not an mmo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You didn't have any feedback about this situation.

You sarcastically talked about how they're still selling things at gamescom, and to "not show mobile at BlizzCon".

That has nothing to do with "not being at Gamescom". If you think this is such a bad decision, then let's get what you think should be done.
    I would reccomend putting ellecy on ignore, he has been told many times by mods to stop shilling final fantasy in all his threads, and in retaliation made his signature and avatar shilling it.
    If you go to my SIG you can see why I sorta stopped paying attention as he likes to make up lies that take 2 seconds to prove wrong.
    I even got an infraction for calling him a liar, but I won't get into that.

I don’t see this as an issue. People keep shitting on blizzard for last years Blizzcon and with good reason, so if they wanna focus on making that the best it can be then that’s what they should do.

I’m not sure what they’ll announce at Blizzcon. Will it be a new expac for WoW? 8.3? 8.2.5? Will we hear about diablo 4? Will they talk more about their move to mobile games? As long as they announce some awesome shit and make the announcements worth listening to I don’t care about gamescom.

Not only that but as others have said they’ve done some announcements through streams recently. No real reason to send a bunch of people overseas if they can just announce shit on stream. Like it’s obviously not worth going to gamescom and sending a bunch of staff there for something like 8.2.5 when they can just announce it on stream.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-30 at 07:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I don’t see this as an issue. People keep shitting on blizzard for last years Blizzcon and with good reason, so if they wanna focus on making that the best it can be then that’s what they should do.

I’m not sure what they’ll announce at Blizzcon. Will it be a new expac for WoW? 8.3? 8.2.5? Will we hear about diablo 4? Will they talk more about their move to mobile games? As long as they announce some awesome shit and make the announcements worth listening to I don’t care about gamescom.

Not only that but as others have said they’ve done some announcements through streams recently. No real reason to send a bunch of people overseas if they can just announce shit on stream. Like it’s obviously not worth going to gamescom and sending a bunch of staff there for something like 8.2.5 when they can just announce it on stream.
    New woe expac is due this year.
    8.3 will likely be there
    8.2.5 will either be coming out right after, or abit before, depends when 8.2 comes out, and how much content will be in 8.2.5
    Diablo 4 we know is in the works so maybe
    Also classic wow most likely some info on "what's next" or a release date for the next phase.

Also please add pet battles to the companion app, PvP and world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. It costs a lot of money to appear at these, and Blizzard is cutting costs. If they don't have anything big to show, then they won't be doing themselves any favors by wasting the money. At this point, it could also be an issue of trying to avoid more bad press, by opting for no press.
    They could literally use Gamescom to show their mobile stuff or smaller events.

Nobody at Blizzcon went for Diablo Immortal or mobile nonsense. They wanna see big new titles like Diablo 4 or Expansions. Hell remasters are fine for Blizzcon because it's remastering the games that put Blizzard on the map.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-30 at 07:55 PM.

They could literally use Gamescom to show their mobile stuff or smaller events.

Nobody at Blizzcon went for Diablo Immortal or mobile nonsense.
    They could, but just going to Gamescon with mobile information would be a huge waste of time. I think they understand that they will need to have the mother of all Blizzcons, or their entire label may be done for.

If you don't think there aren't rumblings of Activision pulling the plug on Blizzard titles, then you are not paying attention. I know that Blizzard employees are paranoid as shit.

They could, but just going to Gamescon with mobile information would be a huge waste of time. I think they understand that they will need to have the mother of all Blizzcons, or their entire label may be done for.

If you don't think there aren't rumblings of Activision pulling the plug on Blizzard titles, then you are not paying attention. I know that Blizzard employees are paranoid as shit.
    Then maybe throw some Hearthstone and HOTS news in. Problem solved.

HOTS will definitely be the first to have it's plug pulled though imo.

Activision have definitely had a bigger hand in Blizzard as of late.

Then maybe throw some Hearthstone and HOTS news in. Problem solved.

HOTS will definitely be the first to have it's plug pulled though imo.

Activision have definitely had a bigger hand in Blizzard as of late.
    I'm not sure how much booth space is at Gamescon, but sending personnel alone could run hundreds of thousands of dollars. Combine that with the months of prep work, and space... that's money they decided they were not willing to spend.

I'm not sure how much booth space is at Gamescon, but sending personnel alone could run hundreds of thousands of dollars. Combine that with the months of prep work, and space... that's money they decided they were not willing to spend.
    And that's the problem.

They aren't willing to spend money for fans in areas outside of Blizzcon much these days.

Despite the fact they just had record profits.