Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Paramount, I'll pay you $50 Million to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

There is no world where this is a good movie. How much would yo pay to stop this trainwreck from happening.

How much money do you want to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    There is no world where this is a good movie. How much would yo pay to stop this trainwreck from happening.

If it's not a movie you don't want to see, don't go see it.

It is too late, also it looks to be based more off of Sonic X.

The trailer made me feel very uncomfortable. Like when I was a kid and I had to change into my shorts in the change room at the pool.

Maybe the average poster on MMO-C isn't the demographic they are going for?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure as fuck gonna go see this, always liked a good horror flick.

There is no world where this is a good movie.
    Probably true but we will see.

How much would yo pay to stop this trainwreck from happening.

Why do you care about not your money?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it doesn't look as bad as Sonic Boom was, so there is that. It looks more like a tacky 80's action film with modern CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Maybe the average poster on MMO-C isn't the demographic they are going for?
    I think they are targeting millenials (27-37 yr olds) who grew up with Sonic and uhhh Coolio? I have a feeling about 0% of them are interested in this movie, and even if they are cannot afford to go to the movies.

jim carrey did look great tho

The movie looks decent enough.
    I probably won't go see it at the cinema myself, but I can see a lot of families going to see it! ^^

5+ Year Old Account
    This movie needs to happen.

Sonic has been limping along, at best, since '06. Perhaps even before then.

If this movie bombs, and I'm sure it will, maybe Sega will finally take the ol' boy behind the shed. It's tragic, but it's animal cruelty to let this go on for so long.

You're poking the bear. This movie is going to awaken something evil from the depths of the internet.

Also child kidnapping/trafficking joke at the end of the trailer, in a kid's movie...?

I can't wrap my head around how unfunny the actors made it seem.

you'd have to prove you had $50 mil and would write that check to them, first

... I wouldn't pay anything 'cause I can't afford that.

Honestly...i just feel bad for jim carrey...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

It will easily make $50m and it's probably almost done so...

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Honestly...i just feel bad for jim carrey...
    i love him as an 80's/90's kid, but his career has been on a downward slide for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    This movie needs to happen.

Sonic has been limping along, at best, since '06. Perhaps even before then.

If this movie bombs, and I'm sure it will, maybe Sega will finally take the ol' boy behind the shed. It's tragic, but it's animal cruelty to let this go on for so long.
    But that's the thing, those of us who like the franchise don't want to see him die this... pathetic death.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    But that's the thing, those of us who like the franchise don't want to see him die this... pathetic death.
    He died a long time ago, tbh. SEGA has just been parading and whoring out his corpse for a long time (outside of one great sonic game not too long back, that wasn't even made by them)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    i love him as an 80's/90's kid, but his career has been on a downward slide for a long time now.
    Agreed. Liar Liar is one of my favorite comedies, and I loved Ace Ventura as a kid. I think the last thing I remember him in that I enjoyed was How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Then he tried to do serious roles for awhile then he kinda...poofed, as I recall? Then the paintings...shit dude, Political messages in them aside, as I'm not interested in delving into that, I'd feel uncomfortable wiping my ass if those were printed on toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I agree that he deserved better. But as justandulas pointed out, the things Sega has done with his corpse would make veteran necrophiles blush. Maybe this will be the last indignity the poor thing has to suffer.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-05-01 at 02:02 PM.