Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely devastating... they give us the glorious city of suramar, a city that’s supposed to pale in comparison to ZinAzshari and this is what they give us... a muted Azuna with somehow less coral and aquatic creatures. Who the fuck okay’d this decision?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks bland as fuck. Azsuna 2.0.

Looks depressing.
    And obviously a lot of lazy copy and pastes from Azsuna in there.

Going hard on the reused assets, I see. As people pointed out these buildings are the exact copies of stuff we've already seen in Azsuna.

Are they this creatively broke?

Looks boring, maybe they are going to add an interesting part later.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Going hard on the reused assets, I see. As people pointed out these buildings are the exact copies of stuff we've already seen in Azsuna.

Are they this creatively broke?
    Would you rather have smaller zones and less complexity just to get some new buildings that you'll look at once and move on?

People need to take into consideration that this is supposed to also have void influence and is meant to be foreboding. I also am 100% sure these are all night time pictures which is unfortunate. Aesthetically it makes sense to keep the same theme as Suramar considering it was all connected at one point and is the same architecture.

The salt here is off the charts. It's a city that has been submerged for thousands of years. Do you want ponies and rainbows? Do you think they should just rework the entire naga aesthetic? 'Same assets' cry me a river.

Colours could be more bright. I just don't like this constant haze over everything and the dim lighting.

itt: people complaining that a zone from the same time period and geographic location as a previous zone has the same architecture and geographic elements as said zone.

I love it. Pretty much what I was expecting from a zone that's been underwater for 10000 years. The zone is great with enough variation to keep it interesting for a while by itself - far more so than the Broken Shore we got in 7.2, never mind that we also have Mechagon. Looking forward to playing in the zone for 6 months.

One would expect that the ocean would be deeper. If you look at the wall of water around the zone the ocean is actually quite shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Would you rather have smaller zones and less complexity just to get some new buildings that you'll look at once and move on?
    I'd rather wait until new content is created so the playthrough is more enjoyable.

See, it's like sex. Blizzard is going for these 30 second sessions with these unsatisfying popshots on the audience- opting for more numerous popshots instead of more satisfying popshots. I'm of the opinion that it's better to abstain from the popshot for a longer period of time, making the eventual popshot even more satisfying for both parties.

See what I mean dawg? They just aren't holding out long enough essentially.

the fuck is with this fascination with darkness.

the same shit as with GoT 8x3 - you cannot see anything untill you push brightness to crazy levels.

zones is ugrly like fuck but people will do it because badges that upgrade gear to 430 :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lockport View Post
    The salt here is off the charts. It's a city that has been submerged for thousands of years. Do you want ponies and rainbows? Do you think they should just rework the entire naga aesthetic? 'Same assets' cry me a river.
    the art they shown during blizzcon was completly different this ugly dark shit

they could easy gone for vibrant light color pallets that they used in vashijij zone in cata.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Colours could be more bright. I just don't like this constant haze over everything and the dim lighting.
    Why would tbis be a bright ciry? The complainst about everything being to light not even a year ago and now this argument.. how would any one take this serious.

For what it's worth, these screenshots are, for whatever reason, darker than what it actually looks like ingame. The zone's still on the drab side, but if people are complaining about not being able to see, that won't be an issue. Would recommend logging on to the PTR itself for a better look at things.

And while it would be nice for some of the more colorful elements of Vashjr to have been included, I'm not heartbroken over it. Drab and colorless suits the zone aesthetic and the whole "you're alone at the bottom of the ocean and in deep trouble; abandon all hope" thing the story is trying to evoke.

"Well add more allied races when it makes sense"

8.2 introducing mecagnomes and gilbin for both genders with a wide array of customization.

How does it not make sense? Each faction is helping one of them and building a strong unity with them to fight off a rising threat. I love allied races and gosh darn it, it makes 100% perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Looks dark and dogshit.

Did Dan&Dave work on this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookieGod View Post
    For what it's worth, these screenshots are, for whatever reason, darker than what it actually looks like ingame. The zone's still on the drab side, but if people are complaining about not being able to see, that won't be an issue. Would recommend logging on to the PTR itself for a better look at things.

And while it would be nice for some of the more colorful elements of Vashjr to have been included, I'm not heartbroken over it. Drab and colorless suits the zone aesthetic and the whole "you're alone at the bottom of the ocean and in deep trouble; abandon all hope" thing the story is trying to evoke.
    How dare you bring logic and reality to this thread???